Lushan Country Life - St Lucia Treasures
Duration: Half Day
Immerse yourself in the wonders of nature during your holiday in St Lucia as you enjoy a truly authentic Caribbean experience. This unique tour blends the past, present and future on an interactive rural tour of working plantations, traditional houses and tropical forest trails. This is a wonderful opportunity to stop and appreciate the simple things in life.
Located less than 15 minutes away from the capital Castries, Lushan Country Life is a family owned heritage project which aims to give visitors a rare glimpse into the rich past of St. Lucia’s country life and traditions whilst conserving the environment. Leave the hustle and bustle of the modern world behind you as you enjoy the tranquillity of the forest and find your sense of wellbeing once again. The owners and their ancestors have lived here for generations and they are keen to share their passion for the environment with you through a range of exciting and educational interactive experiences.
Explore the lush garden and forest trails and observe a rich variety of endemic bird species such as the Antilean Crested Hummingbird and the Broad Winged Hawk on the way, as well as butterflies, insects and over 140 species of trees and plants. Soak up the sights, smells and sounds of the forest as you meander through this magical ecosystem. This is a wonderful way to appreciate the wonders of Mother Nature.
Moving onwards, we visit the Medicinal Gardens, which host a range of plants used to cure common ailments as well as multi-purpose holistic uses, including the Aloe Vera plant, the Noni Plant and the Bois Cano. Our next stop is the Spice Hallow, where you can see and smell a variety of fragrant spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, bay leaf, ginger and turmeric, which are commonly used in traditional Lushan dishes and in cuisine all around the world. Afterwards we visit the Herbal Garden, where you can see Rosemary and Lemongrass growing, and you will also get the chance to sample seasonal fruits such as apples, mango, graver, carambola and coconuts during the tour.
To find out more about the history of the heritage site, we stop to look around the family farmhouse and Kai Pye, a traditional Amerindian Hut that has been authentically outfitted with primitive tools, utensils and a fireplace, all of which were used by our ancestors centuries ago. Other tour highlights include a visit to Hammock House, the Copra Making House and coal making pit, as well as bee keeping and cassava production. Your experience concludes with a traditional St. Lucian lunch.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
- Bay Gardens Hotel is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views plus its famed Splash Water Park
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two hotels, Island Inn Hotel and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Island Inn is located in the South Coast of Barbados near to many entertainment, restaurants, bars and Pebble Beach
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Enjoy All Inclusive perks at both hotels in Barbados and St Lucia
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday at Morgan Bay and Mango Bay
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel for couples. Escape to a romantic hideaway at Rendezvous on the beautiful island of St...
Experience the best of two stunning locations within the Caribbean where you will be able to relax, unwind, and...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
Getting spruced up ahead of its 30th birthday, The BodyHoliday in St Lucia has announced a complete overhaul to its facilities after undergoing a $20 million refurbishment. The property, famous for its focus on the mental and physical well-being of its guests will be closing its doors in July and August to receive a complete makeover that will include room upgrades, new eco-friendly touches and updates to its wellness centre.
The amateur swimmer from Nebraska, Molly Nance accomplished a remarkable feat last week when she swam the 21 miles that connect the St. Lucia Channel to a beach in Martinique. Supported by her husband and a team of 11 passengers, the 52-year-old managed to traverse the channel in just 14 hours, giving way to the inauguration of a new national event, the St. Lucia Channel Swim.
The St Lucia Tourism Authority (SLTA) will launch its biggest ever interactive summer promotion next week. The St Lucia Summer of Discovery promotion will allow giving one visitor the chance to win $10,000 when they visit the Caribbean island this summer. Tourists can visit and interact at 25 sites and attractions chosen by the Tourism Authority to be in with a chance of winning.