Duration: Half Day
The beautiful tropical island of St Lucia is renowned for its spectacular scenery, boasting lush rainforests, mountains, beaches and much more besides. This memorable tour will introduce you to the beautiful Fond D’or Nature and Historical Park, where you can discover the native flora and fauna and learn about the rich heritage and folklore of the area. This is a wonderful opportunity to immerse yourself in the history and beauty of the island.
A scenic drive through the countryside on the east coast of St. Lucia will take you along the outskirts of the rainforest to the beautiful Fond D’or National Park. Nestled in the Mabouya Valley, this tranquil nature park comprises tropical forest, mangroves, a secluded white sandy beach and endless hiking trails. As you walk through this lush tropical garden, your knowledgeable local guide will reveal fascinating facts and information about the endemic plants and trees and their medicinal properties, which have been used in Sri Lanka and around the world for centuries. Your guide will also teach you about the birds in the area, demonstrating various calls to lure them closer for visitors to observe.
Moving onwards, you can enjoy captivating views of the ocean, waterfalls, rock formations and valley. You will also see La Sorcerer (the Sorceress) Mountain, one of the highlights of the park. This magnificent natural monument is believed to possess supernatural powers and was worshipped by the native Amerindian Indians, the first settlers on the island.
Next to La Sorcerer you can also see the ‘Mabouya Man’ lying on his back in the Indian Ocean. Also worshipped by the Amerindians, he was believed to grant any favour if asked. According to legend, much of their treasure lies buried at his feet. Steeped in history, Fond D’or is an Amerindian settlement and an important archeological site.
You can gain an insight into the history and culture of these indigenous tribes at the Interpretation Centre. This historic park was later used by European sugar planters in the mid 18th century and you can see remnants of this era as you pass ancient buildings such as the cattle mill, windmill and steam engine in close proximity.
Our next stop is the quaint fishing village of Dennery. Explore the streets, which are lined with fresh fish stalls on a Saturday, and watch the local fisher folk as they go about their daily lives. We continue onwards for a 10-minute walk through the rainforest, where a knowledgeable guide will lead you through another of Mother Nature’s Wonders. Immerse yourself in the sounds, sights and smells of the jungle as your guide explains the importance of this diverse ecosystem. Abundant in wildlife, you are likely to see all sorts of plants, animals, birds and insects here.
Great for history buffs, nature lovers and hiking enthusiasts, this unique tour is a wonderful addition to your holiday in Sri Lanka.
Tip: Comfortable shoes are recommended. Not for persons who are suffering from walking disabilities.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
St Lucia offers a combination of high mountains, lush forests, and pristine beaches. Its bustling capital Castries, sits...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.