Horseback Riding Adventure
Duration: Half Day
St Lucia’s unique combination of lush landscapes can only be truly captured and fully experienced through the exciting and relaxing activity of horseback riding, the number one way to truly explore the island’s most scenic places.
Whether you’re a complete novice or an experienced rider you can rest assured that our horseback riding tours will include a knowledgeable guide that will accompany you on this fantastic two hour ride along a wonderful trail on the northeast of the island. Prepare to immerge in the pure serenity and lush landscapes along the practically deserted beaches of the Atlantic coastline and indulge in the most splendid panoramic sightseeing St Lucia could offer you.
This amazing trail will begin with a gentle ride from our stables located at Cas-en-Bas beach and continuing along the wildest and most deserted zones of the Atlantic coast where you will be riding an incredible 1 mile long shore. Discover the amazing sights of farmland pastures and impressive rolling hills against the Atlantic Ocean. As you approach this magnificent ocean there will be a 5 minutes stop for picture-taking to make the most of the breathtaking sights that will dismantle before you.
From here you will ride onwards towards a beach where we will remove the saddles as you prepare for the experience of a lifetime: swimming with the horses! You’ll soon be changing into your swimwear and mounting back on these beautiful creatures as you dip your toes in the water with your horse leading the way into these crystalline sea. An amazing one-in-a-lifetime experience that you will love just as much as the horses do! Alternatively, if you prefer not to swim with the horses you can select from a number of other activities like snorkeling, kayaking and paddle boating, all you need to do is make your request at the stable before your trip begins.
Those more experience riders will have the choice of galloping further north instead of the swim with the horses. You will be riding along St Lucia’s one and only 18-hole championship golf course in the Cap Estate Area. The other points of interest will include riding towards the northern tip of the island, the only place from which you can get a unique bird’s eye view of the island of Martinique’s coastline. Then you will continue your ride towards Pigeon Island; St Lucia’s national landmark islet encircling more than 40 years of history. Marked with various trails leading to historical sites, your stop here will show you the best of St Lucia’s past along with the charming fishing village of Gros Islet.
With this variety of activities and trails to choose from with our exciting 2 hour horseback riding adventures, it’s no wonder this has become the number one activity preferred by visitors time and time again! Choose between the amazing combination of riding along a beach and later swimming with the horses or continuing further north for an exciting gallop across other northern sights of the island, the latter being an ideal choice for expert riders! So if you have a passion for horses the only hard part will be deciding which tour to take and our fabulous rides will take care of adding all the fun and excitement!
Travellers tip: Wear long trousers and closed shoes for comfort, always remember your sunscreen, and bring along some swimwear and towels for a refreshing dip afterwards.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel for couples. Escape to a romantic hideaway at Rendezvous on the beautiful island of St...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.