Soufriere Island Delight
Duration: Half Day
The best way to see the most captivating highlights of this bewitching island is to come along in this exciting tour that was specially designed to show you the most scenic parts of the island in the magical town of Soufriere.The way to truly discover the heart of St Lucia is to head a bit south along the island’s capturing West Coast. Travel across two traditional and charming fishing villages in a fully air-conditioned van, acclimatised for your comfort and designed to masterfully show you the best views that you will encounter on this fantastic ride. Drive your way through buoyant banana and coconut plantations surrounded by the rich tropical vegetation that blesses this island.
As you approach the highly acclaimed town of Soufriere stunning views will appear before your eyes as the twin Pitons rise against the stunning landscape. Your first stop will be at the iconic Sulphur Springs, located at the world’s one and only Drive-In Volcano. Contemplate at leisure the bubbling steaming pools of the volcano and the more serene springs with their long used mineral baths. Your guide will take the time to tell you all about the now dormant volcano and will offer a unique direct and fascinating lesson in the violent geology history of the Caribbean Rim.
After this incredible encounter with one of nature’s most dynamic and brutal forces you will continue by making your way towards the unparalleled setting of Toraille Waterfall located amidst the enchanting Diamond Botanical Gardens. View this magnificent waterfall cascading down a 50 ft. hillside and going downstream into a pool surrounded by the breathtaking gardens. Don’t forget to bring your bathing suit and towel along as you will have the unique opportunity to plunge in this fresh water pool at the waterfall’s base.
A guide will take you through this splendid private property comprising the Diamond Botanical Gardens. This beautiful area created by Louis XIV to honour the three Devaux brothers from Normandy in recognition of their services to France is still owned by their descendants and as your guide will explain you, the gardens are maintained by Joan Du Bouley Devaux. As soon as you enter these magical gardens you will be assaulted with the feeling of being in a very special place…you will have just stepped into a world where waterfalls softly gush from the mouth of a volcano, with hot mineral springs filling baths with medicinal waters. Of one thing you can be sure; the natural beauty of this historical and natural site gives an amazing experience not to be surpassed anywhere in the Caribbean!
After seeing so many wonders at once you can catch your breath back whilst returning along a scenic route that will allow for fully taking in and savouring the delightful encounters you’ve just experienced! An incredible tour for those that want to discover St Lucia’s best of everything!
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two stunning hotels, The Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Take as much time as you need to rejuvenate in Bel Jou's fresh water pool
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa boasts in interesting charm of Mediterranean ambience blended with the lush tropical beauty of the Caribbean
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel for couples. Escape to a romantic hideaway at Rendezvous on the beautiful island of St...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.