Soufriere Island Delight
Duration: Half Day
The best way to see the most captivating highlights of this bewitching island is to come along in this exciting tour that was specially designed to show you the most scenic parts of the island in the magical town of Soufriere.The way to truly discover the heart of St Lucia is to head a bit south along the island’s capturing West Coast. Travel across two traditional and charming fishing villages in a fully air-conditioned van, acclimatised for your comfort and designed to masterfully show you the best views that you will encounter on this fantastic ride. Drive your way through buoyant banana and coconut plantations surrounded by the rich tropical vegetation that blesses this island.
As you approach the highly acclaimed town of Soufriere stunning views will appear before your eyes as the twin Pitons rise against the stunning landscape. Your first stop will be at the iconic Sulphur Springs, located at the world’s one and only Drive-In Volcano. Contemplate at leisure the bubbling steaming pools of the volcano and the more serene springs with their long used mineral baths. Your guide will take the time to tell you all about the now dormant volcano and will offer a unique direct and fascinating lesson in the violent geology history of the Caribbean Rim.
After this incredible encounter with one of nature’s most dynamic and brutal forces you will continue by making your way towards the unparalleled setting of Toraille Waterfall located amidst the enchanting Diamond Botanical Gardens. View this magnificent waterfall cascading down a 50 ft. hillside and going downstream into a pool surrounded by the breathtaking gardens. Don’t forget to bring your bathing suit and towel along as you will have the unique opportunity to plunge in this fresh water pool at the waterfall’s base.
A guide will take you through this splendid private property comprising the Diamond Botanical Gardens. This beautiful area created by Louis XIV to honour the three Devaux brothers from Normandy in recognition of their services to France is still owned by their descendants and as your guide will explain you, the gardens are maintained by Joan Du Bouley Devaux. As soon as you enter these magical gardens you will be assaulted with the feeling of being in a very special place…you will have just stepped into a world where waterfalls softly gush from the mouth of a volcano, with hot mineral springs filling baths with medicinal waters. Of one thing you can be sure; the natural beauty of this historical and natural site gives an amazing experience not to be surpassed anywhere in the Caribbean!
After seeing so many wonders at once you can catch your breath back whilst returning along a scenic route that will allow for fully taking in and savouring the delightful encounters you’ve just experienced! An incredible tour for those that want to discover St Lucia’s best of everything!
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular Caribbean resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
- Bay Gardens Hotel is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views plus its famed Splash Water Park
Enjoy an unforgettable Caribbean holiday with stays at vibrant Coco Palm in breathtaking Rodney Bay and at spectacular Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- Discover the island during your stay at Coco Palm with an exceptional location in the heart of Rodney Bay Village
- Book a relaxing Spa treatment or massage at Coconut Bay's onsite spa centre, overlooking the ocean.
- Stay active during your holiday and enjoy yoga classes, tennis, pool activities, and a variety of water sports available at Coconut Bay, such as kayaking and snorkelling.
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- With Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa you have access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday at Morgan Bay and Mango Bay
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
Magazine Marie Claire recently compiled the must-see and must-do activities on the island of Saint Lucia. An easy flight from the US, the island's compact size makes it a great choice for a weekend getaway.
As carnival season began to unfold last week, July is proving quite the successful month for St Lucia's tourism industry and hotels are reaping the benefits after reporting packed rooms. The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority worked hard this year to promote the island's summer festival at a global level, a move that has been a resounding success with record-high occupational levels for this time of year.
Caribbean nationals are being offered special discounted rates on stays at more than 40 hotels, tour bookings, attractions and restaurants across St Lucia as part of a summer promotion to attract more regional tourists to the island. The summer savings programme will run until the end of September 2018.