Splendors of Soufriere
Duration: Half Day
What you really want out of your St Lucia holiday is to get away from the everyday hassles of life… well, we have news for you, as we have the perfect excursion to cater for all your needs! The sunny blue island of St. Lucia with its verdant greenery, pristine beaches and friendly folks is indeed the best choice to escape the mundane world. Still thinking about where to go and what to do? Then explore the best of the south western portion of St. Lucia with a visit to 3 wonderful sites.
The Splendours of Soufriere tour takes you to the Diamond Botanical Gardens, the Sulphur Springs and the Fond Doux Estate. The journey begins on a scenic drive through this sun drenched island and through lush vegetation as we go past two charming villages before descending into the town of Soufriere. Otherwise known as the ‘Garden of St. Lucia’ as you will be able to see for yourself, this place truly lives up to its name.
The Diamond Botanical Gardens is truly one of a kind hosting three main attractions: the well manicured gardens, the decorative waterfall coloured by the mineral deposits and the mineral hot spring baths. This secluded tropical garden possesses an abundance of flora and fauna. Under the towering trees there are a number of exotic plants such as, wild orchids, lilies and birds of paradise.
Enjoy the tranquillity offered in this very splendid portion of the Soufriere estate where banana, cashew, cocoa and coconut tress also thrive. Bushes and shrubs filled with brilliant flowering plants line the pathway to the Diamond Waterfall. This waterfall gushes from the island’s volcano and contains several minerals. The springs offer a nice way to cool off a hot day and the waters are also known to have therapeutic qualities.
If you thought the hot spring pools at the Diamond Waterfall were spectacular, wait until you behold St. Lucia’s Sulphur Springs, dubbed the only drive-in volcano in the Caribbean. Situated in a breathtaking location near Soufriere; you will find this fascinating site of boiling mud, water and steam with bubbles boiling at 2120F and steam that can get hotter than 3400F. View the many colours that surface because of the rich mineral content of the volcano and be taken away by the beautiful multicolour display. Later on and after a visit to the volcanic park we will head off to our final location for your last treat for the day.
The Fond Doux Estate is the host of a unique 19th century colonial plantation hotel set in serene surroundings and bordered by luxurious gardens and agricultural plantations. Enjoy a delicious local buffet on the veranda of the architecturally intriguing guest house. Traverse the grounds through lovely flowering plants, a variety of fruit trees and watch the birds flutter among them. The Fond Doux Estate has the most active agricultural plantation in St. Lucia with banana, cocoa and citrus being cultivated. It is also the only place on the island where three different kinds of sugar processing technology relics can be found together. This historical place is home to an archaeological site as well and here you will be able to gain some insight on the culture of the indigenous Amerindians at the interpretation centre.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular Caribbean resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
- Bay Gardens Hotel is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views plus its famed Splash Water Park
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday at Morgan Bay and Mango Bay
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
Guests at the Bay Gardens Resort in St Lucia (and its sister property Bay Gardens Hotel and Inn) now enjoy free access to Splash Island Water Park on Reduit Beach, the Caribbean's first floating water park on the open sea and one of the island's most popular attractions.
Magazine Marie Claire recently compiled the must-see and must-do activities on the island of Saint Lucia. An easy flight from the US, the island's compact size makes it a great choice for a weekend getaway.
As carnival season began to unfold last week, July is proving quite the successful month for St Lucia's tourism industry and hotels are reaping the benefits after reporting packed rooms. The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority worked hard this year to promote the island's summer festival at a global level, a move that has been a resounding success with record-high occupational levels for this time of year.