Splendors of Soufriere
Duration: Half Day
What you really want out of your St Lucia holiday is to get away from the everyday hassles of life… well, we have news for you, as we have the perfect excursion to cater for all your needs! The sunny blue island of St. Lucia with its verdant greenery, pristine beaches and friendly folks is indeed the best choice to escape the mundane world. Still thinking about where to go and what to do? Then explore the best of the south western portion of St. Lucia with a visit to 3 wonderful sites.
The Splendours of Soufriere tour takes you to the Diamond Botanical Gardens, the Sulphur Springs and the Fond Doux Estate. The journey begins on a scenic drive through this sun drenched island and through lush vegetation as we go past two charming villages before descending into the town of Soufriere. Otherwise known as the ‘Garden of St. Lucia’ as you will be able to see for yourself, this place truly lives up to its name.
The Diamond Botanical Gardens is truly one of a kind hosting three main attractions: the well manicured gardens, the decorative waterfall coloured by the mineral deposits and the mineral hot spring baths. This secluded tropical garden possesses an abundance of flora and fauna. Under the towering trees there are a number of exotic plants such as, wild orchids, lilies and birds of paradise.
Enjoy the tranquillity offered in this very splendid portion of the Soufriere estate where banana, cashew, cocoa and coconut tress also thrive. Bushes and shrubs filled with brilliant flowering plants line the pathway to the Diamond Waterfall. This waterfall gushes from the island’s volcano and contains several minerals. The springs offer a nice way to cool off a hot day and the waters are also known to have therapeutic qualities.
If you thought the hot spring pools at the Diamond Waterfall were spectacular, wait until you behold St. Lucia’s Sulphur Springs, dubbed the only drive-in volcano in the Caribbean. Situated in a breathtaking location near Soufriere; you will find this fascinating site of boiling mud, water and steam with bubbles boiling at 2120F and steam that can get hotter than 3400F. View the many colours that surface because of the rich mineral content of the volcano and be taken away by the beautiful multicolour display. Later on and after a visit to the volcanic park we will head off to our final location for your last treat for the day.
The Fond Doux Estate is the host of a unique 19th century colonial plantation hotel set in serene surroundings and bordered by luxurious gardens and agricultural plantations. Enjoy a delicious local buffet on the veranda of the architecturally intriguing guest house. Traverse the grounds through lovely flowering plants, a variety of fruit trees and watch the birds flutter among them. The Fond Doux Estate has the most active agricultural plantation in St. Lucia with banana, cocoa and citrus being cultivated. It is also the only place on the island where three different kinds of sugar processing technology relics can be found together. This historical place is home to an archaeological site as well and here you will be able to gain some insight on the culture of the indigenous Amerindians at the interpretation centre.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Enjoy an unforgettable Caribbean holiday with stays at vibrant Coco Palm in breathtaking Rodney Bay and at spectacular Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- Discover the island during your stay at Coco Palm with an exceptional location in the heart of Rodney Bay Village
- Book a relaxing Spa treatment or massage at Coconut Bay's onsite spa centre, overlooking the ocean.
- Stay active during your holiday and enjoy yoga classes, tennis, pool activities, and a variety of water sports available at Coconut Bay, such as kayaking and snorkelling.
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two stunning hotels, The Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Take as much time as you need to rejuvenate in Bel Jou's fresh water pool
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa boasts in interesting charm of Mediterranean ambience blended with the lush tropical beauty of the Caribbean
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel for couples. Escape to a romantic hideaway at Rendezvous on the beautiful island of St...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.