Infinite Magic of the Rainforest and Waterfall
Duration: Half Day
Do you want to have a guilt free indulgence? Then come and experience the Infinite Magic of the St. Lucian Rain forest. The island has an abundance of beauty possessing 19,000 acres of rainforest in its mountainous interior. Approximately 29 miles of trails are set within the rainforest which enable you to explore this natural paradise. Over 1,179 species of flowering plants and more than 150 species of flowering species of birds thrive in St. Lucia.
This scenic island provides a captivating topography, much of which can be truly explored on this wonderful excursion. Upon viewing the stunningly beautiful emerald green mountains surrounded by turquoise and sapphire blue water you can already sense that this opportunity to travel inland towards the island’s best kept forest secrets will be one that you will forever treasure.
As you trek through these verdant forests your vision will be stimulated by the array of colours; from varying hues of greenery to the colour spectrum of the many flowers and brightly coloured tropical birds. Brilliant heliconias, bromeliads, mushrooms and lianas adorn the forest and fragrant flowers, like the many species of beautiful and delicate orchids, are a pleasure to the visual and aromatic senses. There are some animal species that are endemic to the island; the most notable of these is the Amazona Versicolour or the Jacquot as it is locally called. Very rare and unique this is St. Lucia’s national bird and you can consider yourself extremely lucky if you spot one.
Enjoy the stillness of the forest interrupted only by the sound of forest insects, crawling animals scurrying through the bushes, squawking parrots and humming birds buzzing around. Walk underneath the shadow of soaring trees as well as towering bamboo and see giant ferns and climbing palms encircling these tall trees.
The journey continues onto the charming La Tille waterfall. These waterfalls are less known and therefore less visited thus providing a cosy ambience of being in a secluded paradise. The La Tille waterfall is located close to an organic plantation where fruits and vegetables add to the natural beauty of the landscape. The refreshing sight of sparkling clear waters cascading over the rocks will lure you to have a swim in the pool below or just sit aside and get up-close to the amazing sights dismantling before you as you sample delicious tropical fruits and take it all in. Ideal for the nature lovers who fancy a slice of Eden!
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular Caribbean resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
- Bay Gardens Hotel is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views plus its famed Splash Water Park
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Enjoy an unforgettable Caribbean holiday with stays at vibrant Coco Palm in breathtaking Rodney Bay and at spectacular Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- Discover the island during your stay at Coco Palm with an exceptional location in the heart of Rodney Bay Village
- Book a relaxing Spa treatment or massage at Coconut Bay's onsite spa centre, overlooking the ocean.
- Stay active during your holiday and enjoy yoga classes, tennis, pool activities, and a variety of water sports available at Coconut Bay, such as kayaking and snorkelling.
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- With Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa you have access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday at Morgan Bay and Mango Bay
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
St Lucia Tourism Authority has revamped its online travel agent training program to simplify the structure and create a go-to information hub for destination sales and marketing. The Saint Lucia Expert program includes new modules on niche holiday types and fresh incentives for selling the Caribbean island.
Welcoming summer in style, the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority has just launched the Summer of Discovery campaign, giving holidaymakers amazing opportunities to save on a St Lucia holiday with discounts of up to 65 per cent on hotel bookings and a competition that will give travellers the chance to win $10,000 (£7,500)!
The luxurious Cap Maison in St Lucia will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, and to mark the occasion, the resort has created four exclusive drinks. Using local ingredients, the resort has produced an exclusive ale, rum, rum punch and red wine. In October, the luxurious resort will host a special three-day event to celebrate a decade in business.