Whale and Dolphin Watching
Duration: Half Day
There are an abundance of activities to be enjoyed in the magical island of St. Lucia, a country that possesses an endless abundance of natural beauty. St. Lucia has something for everyone; swimming, windsurfing, snorkelling, scuba diving, angling, biking, yachting, jeep safaris, canopy rides, golf, tennis, hiking or horseback riding. There is much to see and if all the activities mentioned didn’t seem like enough we invite you to come with your loved one, family or friends for yet another extraordinary adventure; Whale and Dolphin Watching! Have a fabulous day out in the tropical environment of this Caribbean island in the company of one of the seas’ most fascinating creatures!
The town of Vieux Fort is located at the southern point of St. Lucia where the west meets the east. This old fishing village offers lovely views of the calm Caribbean Sea on the west merging with the turbulent Atlantic Ocean on the east. Take pleasure in viewing the scenic St. Lucian coastline as we venture off for whale and dolphin sightings. The vessel is equipped with underwater microphones to track and locate the rhythmic sounds of these mammals.
The probability of sighting these adorable creatures is very high; with an 80% success rate. In addition the vessel offers all round viewing from its decks so you will be fully able to capture these gigantic yet gentle cetaceans. St. Lucia is also blessed with the presence of several different species, some are residents of the St. Lucian waters and others linger in transit. Some examples of year round species are Sperm Whales, Humpbacks, Orcas, Bryde’s, Pilots (whales) and Spotted, Spinners, Bottlenose, Pisso’s and Frasers (dolphins). Occasional visitors are the Beaked Whales, Pygmy Filler Whales and Pygmy Sperm Whales.
Listen to the clicking sounds of the whales and the dolphins whistling while these remarkably intelligent mammals emerge from the warm and beautiful turquoise St. Lucian waters. The excitement of gazing at these animals in their natural habitat is like no other, these incredibly friendly creatures are even likely to stage an unforgettable performance just for you. The Bottlenose Dolphin is known to approach humans within touching distance and the Spotted Dolphin enjoys riding bow waves to the shore and jumping out of the water.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two hotels, Island Inn Hotel and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Island Inn is located in the South Coast of Barbados near to many entertainment, restaurants, bars and Pebble Beach
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Enjoy All Inclusive perks at both hotels in Barbados and St Lucia
Enjoy an unforgettable Caribbean holiday with stays at vibrant Coco Palm in breathtaking Rodney Bay and at spectacular Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- Discover the island during your stay at Coco Palm with an exceptional location in the heart of Rodney Bay Village
- Book a relaxing Spa treatment or massage at Coconut Bay's onsite spa centre, overlooking the ocean.
- Stay active during your holiday and enjoy yoga classes, tennis, pool activities, and a variety of water sports available at Coconut Bay, such as kayaking and snorkelling.
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
St Lucia Tourism Authority has revamped its online travel agent training program to simplify the structure and create a go-to information hub for destination sales and marketing. The Saint Lucia Expert program includes new modules on niche holiday types and fresh incentives for selling the Caribbean island.
Welcoming summer in style, the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority has just launched the Summer of Discovery campaign, giving holidaymakers amazing opportunities to save on a St Lucia holiday with discounts of up to 65 per cent on hotel bookings and a competition that will give travellers the chance to win $10,000 (£7,500)!
The luxurious Cap Maison in St Lucia will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, and to mark the occasion, the resort has created four exclusive drinks. Using local ingredients, the resort has produced an exclusive ale, rum, rum punch and red wine. In October, the luxurious resort will host a special three-day event to celebrate a decade in business.