Whale and Dolphin Watching
Duration: Half Day
There are an abundance of activities to be enjoyed in the magical island of St. Lucia, a country that possesses an endless abundance of natural beauty. St. Lucia has something for everyone; swimming, windsurfing, snorkelling, scuba diving, angling, biking, yachting, jeep safaris, canopy rides, golf, tennis, hiking or horseback riding. There is much to see and if all the activities mentioned didn’t seem like enough we invite you to come with your loved one, family or friends for yet another extraordinary adventure; Whale and Dolphin Watching! Have a fabulous day out in the tropical environment of this Caribbean island in the company of one of the seas’ most fascinating creatures!
The town of Vieux Fort is located at the southern point of St. Lucia where the west meets the east. This old fishing village offers lovely views of the calm Caribbean Sea on the west merging with the turbulent Atlantic Ocean on the east. Take pleasure in viewing the scenic St. Lucian coastline as we venture off for whale and dolphin sightings. The vessel is equipped with underwater microphones to track and locate the rhythmic sounds of these mammals.
The probability of sighting these adorable creatures is very high; with an 80% success rate. In addition the vessel offers all round viewing from its decks so you will be fully able to capture these gigantic yet gentle cetaceans. St. Lucia is also blessed with the presence of several different species, some are residents of the St. Lucian waters and others linger in transit. Some examples of year round species are Sperm Whales, Humpbacks, Orcas, Bryde’s, Pilots (whales) and Spotted, Spinners, Bottlenose, Pisso’s and Frasers (dolphins). Occasional visitors are the Beaked Whales, Pygmy Filler Whales and Pygmy Sperm Whales.
Listen to the clicking sounds of the whales and the dolphins whistling while these remarkably intelligent mammals emerge from the warm and beautiful turquoise St. Lucian waters. The excitement of gazing at these animals in their natural habitat is like no other, these incredibly friendly creatures are even likely to stage an unforgettable performance just for you. The Bottlenose Dolphin is known to approach humans within touching distance and the Spotted Dolphin enjoys riding bow waves to the shore and jumping out of the water.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Book a Pool View or Beach Front Room at Bay Gardens and Enjoy a complimentary upgrade From Bed and Breakfast to MAP Board Basis (breakfast, dinner and extras included)
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
Enjoy an unforgettable Caribbean holiday with stays at vibrant Coco Palm in breathtaking Rodney Bay and at spectacular Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- Discover the island during your stay at Coco Palm with an exceptional location in the heart of Rodney Bay Village
- Book a relaxing Spa treatment or massage at Coconut Bay's onsite spa centre, overlooking the ocean.
- Stay active during your holiday and enjoy yoga classes, tennis, pool activities, and a variety of water sports available at Coconut Bay, such as kayaking and snorkelling.
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Creating an airy outdoor feel and incorporating flashes of Caribbean colour
- Experience one of the many sight seeing tours where you can discover st. lucia at its most beautiful
- Adventure trips both on land and at sea to suit every taste and requirement at cap maison
- discover nature like never before with an amazing holiday experience in Ladera resort
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
The Blu St Lucia is an oasis of calm nestled between Reduit Beach and Rodney Bay Village. This hotel offers the perfect...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
First, make the most of the harmonious blend of luxury, tranquillity and seclusion that surrounds and characterises the...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
Caribbean boutique hideaway Cap Maison, on the northern tip of St Lucia, will host a range of festive events for guests over the Christmas and New Year period, including a special hog roast on the beach, a gourmet Christmas dinner, a Boxing Day lobster grill and New Year’s Eve festivities.
Luxury all-inclusive resort Windjammer Landing Villa Beach on the northern coast of St Lucia has undergone a multi-million pound revamp and expansion, adding a set of new villas to the north of the resort and refreshing the existing villas and grounds with new features and updated decor.
Ritz-Carlton has announced that it will open a brand-new luxury resort in St Lucia in 2021, after signing a management agreement with Range Developments. The resort will have 180 guest rooms and suites, swimming pools, a spa, restaurants, meeting space, and it will be part of the Black May Master Development on the southern tip of the Caribbean island.