Treasures of Soufriere
Duration: Half Day
On the south western region of St. Lucia, the charming town of Soufriere nestles in a valley beneath Petit Piton. The towering twin peaks of The Pitons dominate the scenery at Soufriere, standing majestically between approximately 2,400 – 2,600 feet above sea level, dwarfing everything around them. This small town offers wonderful scenery and excellent activities; most notably is the outstanding snorkelling and diving opportunities in exceptionally beautiful sapphire and turquoise waters. Ashore there are many boutiques, restaurants to visit and local handicrafts to collect in this rustic town. Soufriere is one of the oldest settlements on the island, containing several petroglyphs left behind by the Amerindians who were the first inhabitants of the island. This picturesque town is filled with many treasures to be discovered, many of which could only be seen whilst on this fabulous day tour.
Experience the best of Soufriere with visits to the Diamond Botanical Gardens, witness the bubbling beauty of minerals at the Suphur Springs while a final visit to the enchanting Fond Doux Estate will reveal historic and natural charms.
A short ride from your hotel takes you to the enthralling Diamond Botanical Gardens. Discover the historical and geographical significance of this heritage site while strolling along a natural trail which meanders through well-tended gardens and an abundance of tropical flora and fauna. Admire in awe as you make the most of the opportunity to capture a kaleidoscope of amazingly beautiful flowering plants like the Hibiscus, Ixora, Heliconias, Anthuriums, Orchids and the Balisier. Yet another highilight will be the spectacular waterfall that provides natural therapeutic baths with their magical waters possessing minerals that are plentiful on this volcanic island.
Next we move onto the Sulphur Springs, dubbed as the ‘world’s only drive-in volcano’, a site that represents a true wonder of natural geology. The Sulphur Springs is a caldera created when a portion of the volcano’s rim collapsed into itself and widened the crust allowing for the continuous escape of steam. There will be knowledgeable guides to lead you along safe trails of this scene of bubbling mud with the strong smell of sulphur and spurts of steam rising from the earth. It is no wonder that Soufriere is regarded as a World Heritage Site!
The last visit takes you to the Fond Doux Estate which is a nineteenth century colonial plantation imbued with magical ambience. Take in the sights of verdant tropical gardens surrounded by one of St. Lucia’s most active cocoa, banana and citrus plantations to the rustic ecological plantation hotel which naturally merges the past colonial world with the modern amenities. You will have the pleasure of discovering the gems of the Fond Doux Estate; walking along estate trails and exploring the military ruins in a unique experience that will take you back in time and closer to nature. Enjoy the local cuisine and drinks in this quiet and serene setting before returning to your hotel.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
- Bay Gardens Hotel is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views plus its famed Splash Water Park
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two hotels, Island Inn Hotel and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Island Inn is located in the South Coast of Barbados near to many entertainment, restaurants, bars and Pebble Beach
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Enjoy All Inclusive perks at both hotels in Barbados and St Lucia
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday at Morgan Bay and Mango Bay
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel for couples. Escape to a romantic hideaway at Rendezvous on the beautiful island of St...
Experience the best of two stunning locations within the Caribbean where you will be able to relax, unwind, and...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
Getting spruced up ahead of its 30th birthday, The BodyHoliday in St Lucia has announced a complete overhaul to its facilities after undergoing a $20 million refurbishment. The property, famous for its focus on the mental and physical well-being of its guests will be closing its doors in July and August to receive a complete makeover that will include room upgrades, new eco-friendly touches and updates to its wellness centre.
The amateur swimmer from Nebraska, Molly Nance accomplished a remarkable feat last week when she swam the 21 miles that connect the St. Lucia Channel to a beach in Martinique. Supported by her husband and a team of 11 passengers, the 52-year-old managed to traverse the channel in just 14 hours, giving way to the inauguration of a new national event, the St. Lucia Channel Swim.
The St Lucia Tourism Authority (SLTA) will launch its biggest ever interactive summer promotion next week. The St Lucia Summer of Discovery promotion will allow giving one visitor the chance to win $10,000 when they visit the Caribbean island this summer. Tourists can visit and interact at 25 sites and attractions chosen by the Tourism Authority to be in with a chance of winning.