Duration: Full Day
A holiday in Cuba wouldn’t be complete without exploring the exciting coastal city of Havana, the vibrant capital of the island and one of the most famous capitals in the world. Although some visitors may agree that the city has seen better days, there are many hidden wonders to discover, particularly in Old Havana. Stroll through the streets and watch this historic city open up before you, and then experience the thriving Cuban nightlife as you dance the night away under the stars. This full day and evening excursion is a wonderful way to get a glimpse of Havana’s rich culture and architectural heritage in a short amount of time.
Founded by the Spanish in 1515, Old Havana is steeped in history and was declared an UNESCO World Heritage Site (in 1982). In 1762 the British Army conquered Havana, but Cuba was later given back to the Spanish in exchange for Florida. After regaining the city, Havana was transformed into the most heavily fortified city in the Americas in order to protect the main Spanish trading port in the New World.
The colonial architecture in Old Havana is beautiful, influenced by a diverse range of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures. Many of the preserved buildings date back to the 16th and 17th centuries but you will also see beautiful baroque architecture such as the 18th century Cathedral of Havana and the Captains Generals Palace, which now houses the Museum of the City (Museo de la Ciudad).
The charming cobbled streets host an open-air museum, displaying a wealth of historical treasures such as the Plaza de Armas, the city's oldest square; the Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana), and the 19th century Great Theatre of Havana. Havana is one of Latin America’s best-preserved colonial cities.
Explore and experience Havana’s true flavor and magical allure, visit all the sites, the quaintest places and satisfy your thirst of knowledge of the city with the quidance of our experienced representatives. Your guide will show you the city landmarks – both ancient and modern – and teach you about the history and ways of life of the Cuban people. Follow in the footsteps of Ernest Hemingway, the famous American novelist who spent much of his time in Cuba.
You can also spend the afternoon shopping at one of the markets, where you can browse for gifts and souvenirs and many other items. Visit some of the ferias and find folkloric beauties in the form of local arts and crafts, ceramics, clothing and paintings that reflect the city´s unique blend of tropical eclecticism.
As the day draws to an end, your adventure continues with a night at the legendary Tropicana, Cuba’s premier Las Vegas–style nightclub, for an unforgettable evening of cocktails, singing, music and dancing under the stars. A dazzling display of lights, bright costumes and dancing, accompanied by the best of Cuban music, will get you up on your feet and swaying to the infectious rhythms of the conga. The Cubans certainly know how to party!
Your holiday in Cuba would not be complete without witnessing the magic of this unforgettable cabaret show. This is an idyllic excursion for all those that want to cram the best of Havana sights and nightlife in a single day tour whilst still having the excitement of being able to see it all!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
Enjoy the vibrancy of Havana, the heritage of Trinidad and the serene seaside beauty of Varadero
- Enjoy colonial grandeur in Trinidad and soak up the local time-warped atmosphere
- Bask on the glorious Varadero beach at a luxury, adults-only all-inclusive resort
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Parque Central
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Are you searching for a tranquil, yet charismatic retreat from everyday life? Then why not enjoy a twin centre beach...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.