Duration: Full Day
A holiday in Cuba wouldn’t be complete without exploring the exciting coastal city of Havana, the vibrant capital of the island and one of the most famous capitals in the world. Although some visitors may agree that the city has seen better days, there are many hidden wonders to discover, particularly in Old Havana. Stroll through the streets and watch this historic city open up before you, and then experience the thriving Cuban nightlife as you dance the night away under the stars. This full day and evening excursion is a wonderful way to get a glimpse of Havana’s rich culture and architectural heritage in a short amount of time.
Founded by the Spanish in 1515, Old Havana is steeped in history and was declared an UNESCO World Heritage Site (in 1982). In 1762 the British Army conquered Havana, but Cuba was later given back to the Spanish in exchange for Florida. After regaining the city, Havana was transformed into the most heavily fortified city in the Americas in order to protect the main Spanish trading port in the New World.
The colonial architecture in Old Havana is beautiful, influenced by a diverse range of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures. Many of the preserved buildings date back to the 16th and 17th centuries but you will also see beautiful baroque architecture such as the 18th century Cathedral of Havana and the Captains Generals Palace, which now houses the Museum of the City (Museo de la Ciudad).
The charming cobbled streets host an open-air museum, displaying a wealth of historical treasures such as the Plaza de Armas, the city's oldest square; the Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana), and the 19th century Great Theatre of Havana. Havana is one of Latin America’s best-preserved colonial cities.
Explore and experience Havana’s true flavor and magical allure, visit all the sites, the quaintest places and satisfy your thirst of knowledge of the city with the quidance of our experienced representatives. Your guide will show you the city landmarks – both ancient and modern – and teach you about the history and ways of life of the Cuban people. Follow in the footsteps of Ernest Hemingway, the famous American novelist who spent much of his time in Cuba.
You can also spend the afternoon shopping at one of the markets, where you can browse for gifts and souvenirs and many other items. Visit some of the ferias and find folkloric beauties in the form of local arts and crafts, ceramics, clothing and paintings that reflect the city´s unique blend of tropical eclecticism.
As the day draws to an end, your adventure continues with a night at the legendary Tropicana, Cuba’s premier Las Vegas–style nightclub, for an unforgettable evening of cocktails, singing, music and dancing under the stars. A dazzling display of lights, bright costumes and dancing, accompanied by the best of Cuban music, will get you up on your feet and swaying to the infectious rhythms of the conga. The Cubans certainly know how to party!
Your holiday in Cuba would not be complete without witnessing the magic of this unforgettable cabaret show. This is an idyllic excursion for all those that want to cram the best of Havana sights and nightlife in a single day tour whilst still having the excitement of being able to see it all!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Combine the vibrancy of charming Havana with a relaxing beach escape at a 24-hour All Inclusive resort in Varadero
- An excellent selection of restaurants and bars in Varadero including 3 a La Carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars
- Make the most of Havana with a private beach and the sea adjacent to the property and Old Havana nearby
- Never waste a minute in Varadero with everything from watersports to Spanish lessons to salsa and more
Feel the intoxicating Latin vibe in Havana and relax on the sun-kissed sands of Varadero beach.
- Memories Miramar Hotel operates a free of charge shuttle bus to the centre of Havana so guests can enjoy the best of the wonderful City's attractions
- Blau Varadero offers fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day and for the health conscious there are various wellness options
- Added extras for couples include a welcome cocktail, private check-in and complimentary massages
Experience the beauty of colonial Havana from an elegant and quiet hotel, then relax on a fabulous beachfront resort set on Varadero's white sands
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience in Varadero with the sandy beaches, tranquil waters and endless activities offered at this 24 hour All Inclusive resort
- During your stay in Havana take our 2-day cultural tour from just £99 per person which includes City tour of Havana, a Tobacco Plantation, Cigar Factory, sail along the river and see the Haystack Hillock Mountains and much more
- Non-motorised water sports in Varadero included (catamaran, snorkelling, windsurfing)
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.