Duration: Full Day
A holiday in Cuba wouldn’t be complete without exploring the exciting coastal city of Havana, the vibrant capital of the island and one of the most famous capitals in the world. Although some visitors may agree that the city has seen better days, there are many hidden wonders to discover, particularly in Old Havana. Stroll through the streets and watch this historic city open up before you, and then experience the thriving Cuban nightlife as you dance the night away under the stars. This full day and evening excursion is a wonderful way to get a glimpse of Havana’s rich culture and architectural heritage in a short amount of time.
Founded by the Spanish in 1515, Old Havana is steeped in history and was declared an UNESCO World Heritage Site (in 1982). In 1762 the British Army conquered Havana, but Cuba was later given back to the Spanish in exchange for Florida. After regaining the city, Havana was transformed into the most heavily fortified city in the Americas in order to protect the main Spanish trading port in the New World.
The colonial architecture in Old Havana is beautiful, influenced by a diverse range of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures. Many of the preserved buildings date back to the 16th and 17th centuries but you will also see beautiful baroque architecture such as the 18th century Cathedral of Havana and the Captains Generals Palace, which now houses the Museum of the City (Museo de la Ciudad).
The charming cobbled streets host an open-air museum, displaying a wealth of historical treasures such as the Plaza de Armas, the city's oldest square; the Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana), and the 19th century Great Theatre of Havana. Havana is one of Latin America’s best-preserved colonial cities.
Explore and experience Havana’s true flavor and magical allure, visit all the sites, the quaintest places and satisfy your thirst of knowledge of the city with the quidance of our experienced representatives. Your guide will show you the city landmarks – both ancient and modern – and teach you about the history and ways of life of the Cuban people. Follow in the footsteps of Ernest Hemingway, the famous American novelist who spent much of his time in Cuba.
You can also spend the afternoon shopping at one of the markets, where you can browse for gifts and souvenirs and many other items. Visit some of the ferias and find folkloric beauties in the form of local arts and crafts, ceramics, clothing and paintings that reflect the city´s unique blend of tropical eclecticism.
As the day draws to an end, your adventure continues with a night at the legendary Tropicana, Cuba’s premier Las Vegas–style nightclub, for an unforgettable evening of cocktails, singing, music and dancing under the stars. A dazzling display of lights, bright costumes and dancing, accompanied by the best of Cuban music, will get you up on your feet and swaying to the infectious rhythms of the conga. The Cubans certainly know how to party!
Your holiday in Cuba would not be complete without witnessing the magic of this unforgettable cabaret show. This is an idyllic excursion for all those that want to cram the best of Havana sights and nightlife in a single day tour whilst still having the excitement of being able to see it all!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Explore two different sides of Cuba with excellent range of facilities and entertainments
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities including dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Los Cactus
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
Surround yourself with the rich culture and history, glorious beach scenery and magnificent architecture of Cuba during your summer holiday
Combine a moving city escape to Havana with a Caribbean beach retreat to Varadero beach and explore Cuban charisma during summer 2017
- Take advantage of a complimentary shuttle service to the iconic capital of Havana
- Offers a range of luxurious, family-friendly amenities
- Situated on the stunning Varadero beach
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.