Duration: Full Day
A holiday in Cuba wouldn’t be complete without exploring the exciting coastal city of Havana, the vibrant capital of the island and one of the most famous capitals in the world. Although some visitors may agree that the city has seen better days, there are many hidden wonders to discover, particularly in Old Havana. Stroll through the streets and watch this historic city open up before you, and then experience the thriving Cuban nightlife as you dance the night away under the stars. This full day and evening excursion is a wonderful way to get a glimpse of Havana’s rich culture and architectural heritage in a short amount of time.
Founded by the Spanish in 1515, Old Havana is steeped in history and was declared an UNESCO World Heritage Site (in 1982). In 1762 the British Army conquered Havana, but Cuba was later given back to the Spanish in exchange for Florida. After regaining the city, Havana was transformed into the most heavily fortified city in the Americas in order to protect the main Spanish trading port in the New World.
The colonial architecture in Old Havana is beautiful, influenced by a diverse range of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures. Many of the preserved buildings date back to the 16th and 17th centuries but you will also see beautiful baroque architecture such as the 18th century Cathedral of Havana and the Captains Generals Palace, which now houses the Museum of the City (Museo de la Ciudad).
The charming cobbled streets host an open-air museum, displaying a wealth of historical treasures such as the Plaza de Armas, the city's oldest square; the Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana), and the 19th century Great Theatre of Havana. Havana is one of Latin America’s best-preserved colonial cities.
Explore and experience Havana’s true flavor and magical allure, visit all the sites, the quaintest places and satisfy your thirst of knowledge of the city with the quidance of our experienced representatives. Your guide will show you the city landmarks – both ancient and modern – and teach you about the history and ways of life of the Cuban people. Follow in the footsteps of Ernest Hemingway, the famous American novelist who spent much of his time in Cuba.
You can also spend the afternoon shopping at one of the markets, where you can browse for gifts and souvenirs and many other items. Visit some of the ferias and find folkloric beauties in the form of local arts and crafts, ceramics, clothing and paintings that reflect the city´s unique blend of tropical eclecticism.
As the day draws to an end, your adventure continues with a night at the legendary Tropicana, Cuba’s premier Las Vegas–style nightclub, for an unforgettable evening of cocktails, singing, music and dancing under the stars. A dazzling display of lights, bright costumes and dancing, accompanied by the best of Cuban music, will get you up on your feet and swaying to the infectious rhythms of the conga. The Cubans certainly know how to party!
Your holiday in Cuba would not be complete without witnessing the magic of this unforgettable cabaret show. This is an idyllic excursion for all those that want to cram the best of Havana sights and nightlife in a single day tour whilst still having the excitement of being able to see it all!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Experience the beauty of colonial Havana from an elegant and quiet hotel, then relax on a fabulous beachfront resort set on Varadero's white sands
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience in Varadero with the sandy beaches, tranquil waters and endless activities offered at this 24 hour All Inclusive resort
- During your stay in Havana take our 2-day cultural tour from just £99 per person which includes City tour of Havana, a Tobacco Plantation, Cigar Factory, sail along the river and see the Haystack Hillock Mountains and much more
- Non-motorised water sports in Varadero included (catamaran, snorkelling, windsurfing)
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Book by 20th of April for MASSIVE SAVINGS on Virgin Atlantic flights.
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Enjoy a bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival and an evening turndown service in Havana at the Melia Havana
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.