Duration: 2 Days
Make the most out of your holiday in Cuba by discovering the historical treasures, rich culture and vibrant nightlife of Havana, one of the most famous capitals in the world. This exciting, cosmopolitan city of contrasts has much to offer its visitors if you know where to look. Your experienced tour guide will reveal some of the many highlights, taking you back through many different eras of time.
Spend two fabulous days discovering the enchanting allure of this old city of colonial grandeur with a past filled with romance and the bohemian presence of the revolution. Experience the old glamour of the 1950s present in the old cars and some of the city's emblematic buildings. Travel back in time and experience the unique mix between the old and the new that only Havana could offer. This is one tour you won’t want to miss.
Your day will start with a tour of Old Havana, the oldest and most treasured part of the city, boasting five centuries of rich architectural heritage and a large number of museums and galleries. The colonial architecture in Old Havana is wonderfully diverse, having being influenced by a range of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures. Founded by the Spanish in 1515, Old Havana is steeped in history and is a truly inspiring place to visit. To protect the streets and buildings, this part of the city, along with its ancient fortifications, was declared an UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982.
Havana is one of the oldest and best-preserved colonial cities in the Americas, and many of the oldest buildings date back to the 16th and 17th centuries. The charming cobbled streets and old squares here host a treasure trove of historical buildings and beautiful baroque architecture, such as the 18th century Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana) and the Captains Generals Palace, which now houses the Museum of the City, and the 19th century Great Theatre of Havana.
This enriching city tour will enable you to get a different perspective of Havana, its architecture and the life and history of its people. At the turn of the century, the developing city outside Old Havana’s walls was influenced by the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movement, and in the 1940s 1950s it became a haven for gamblers, gangsters and those seeking fun in the sun. But with these changes came money, glitz and glamour, attracting a large number of famous movie stars, musicians and writers. The modern, high-rise buildings, classic American vintage cars and lavish Las Vegas-style nightlife are all reminders of Havana’s booming economy at the time.
As the sun goes down, Havana is just as lively today as it was then. Your day will end with a night to remember at the legendary Tropicana nightclub, famous for the spectacular and most dazzling cabaret show in Cuba. A magical night of Cuban flair with exotic dances and striking costumes are just some of the highlights, cocktails and singing under the stars… a night that will leave you with a true taste of Cuba's intoxicating music and rhythms. Havana as the cradle of Salsa won't disappoint you with its display of non-stop passionate dancing.
If you'd love to truly get to know Havana, this is an unmissable excursion. We can guarantee that you'll end up falling in love with this enchanting city and its rare wonders, most of which you will only be able to see and experience with this unique tour. With a city like Havana, there's simply so much to see and do! This captivating Havana Overnight tour will be the perfect addition to your Cuba holidays and it’s an unforgettable experience that will undoubtedly leave you wanting even more.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Combine discovering the colonial architecture, history and rich culture of Havana with basking upon Caribbean beaches...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.