Duration: 2 Days
Make the most out of your holiday in Cuba by discovering the historical treasures, rich culture and vibrant nightlife of Havana, one of the most famous capitals in the world. This exciting, cosmopolitan city of contrasts has much to offer its visitors if you know where to look. Your experienced tour guide will reveal some of the many highlights, taking you back through many different eras of time.
Spend two fabulous days discovering the enchanting allure of this old city of colonial grandeur with a past filled with romance and the bohemian presence of the revolution. Experience the old glamour of the 1950s present in the old cars and some of the city's emblematic buildings. Travel back in time and experience the unique mix between the old and the new that only Havana could offer. This is one tour you won’t want to miss.
Your day will start with a tour of Old Havana, the oldest and most treasured part of the city, boasting five centuries of rich architectural heritage and a large number of museums and galleries. The colonial architecture in Old Havana is wonderfully diverse, having being influenced by a range of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures. Founded by the Spanish in 1515, Old Havana is steeped in history and is a truly inspiring place to visit. To protect the streets and buildings, this part of the city, along with its ancient fortifications, was declared an UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982.
Havana is one of the oldest and best-preserved colonial cities in the Americas, and many of the oldest buildings date back to the 16th and 17th centuries. The charming cobbled streets and old squares here host a treasure trove of historical buildings and beautiful baroque architecture, such as the 18th century Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana) and the Captains Generals Palace, which now houses the Museum of the City, and the 19th century Great Theatre of Havana.
This enriching city tour will enable you to get a different perspective of Havana, its architecture and the life and history of its people. At the turn of the century, the developing city outside Old Havana’s walls was influenced by the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movement, and in the 1940s 1950s it became a haven for gamblers, gangsters and those seeking fun in the sun. But with these changes came money, glitz and glamour, attracting a large number of famous movie stars, musicians and writers. The modern, high-rise buildings, classic American vintage cars and lavish Las Vegas-style nightlife are all reminders of Havana’s booming economy at the time.
As the sun goes down, Havana is just as lively today as it was then. Your day will end with a night to remember at the legendary Tropicana nightclub, famous for the spectacular and most dazzling cabaret show in Cuba. A magical night of Cuban flair with exotic dances and striking costumes are just some of the highlights, cocktails and singing under the stars… a night that will leave you with a true taste of Cuba's intoxicating music and rhythms. Havana as the cradle of Salsa won't disappoint you with its display of non-stop passionate dancing.
If you'd love to truly get to know Havana, this is an unmissable excursion. We can guarantee that you'll end up falling in love with this enchanting city and its rare wonders, most of which you will only be able to see and experience with this unique tour. With a city like Havana, there's simply so much to see and do! This captivating Havana Overnight tour will be the perfect addition to your Cuba holidays and it’s an unforgettable experience that will undoubtedly leave you wanting even more.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Experience the beauty of colonial Havana from an elegant and quiet hotel, then relax on a fabulous beachfront resort set on Varadero's white sands
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience in Varadero with the sandy beaches, tranquil waters and endless activities offered at this 24 hour All Inclusive resort
- During your stay in Havana take our 2-day cultural tour from just £99 per person which includes City tour of Havana, a Tobacco Plantation, Cigar Factory, sail along the river and see the Haystack Hillock Mountains and much more
- Non-motorised water sports in Varadero included (catamaran, snorkelling, windsurfing)
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.