Duration: 2 Days
Make the most out of your holiday in Cuba by discovering the historical treasures, rich culture and vibrant nightlife of Havana, one of the most famous capitals in the world. This exciting, cosmopolitan city of contrasts has much to offer its visitors if you know where to look. Your experienced tour guide will reveal some of the many highlights, taking you back through many different eras of time.
Spend two fabulous days discovering the enchanting allure of this old city of colonial grandeur with a past filled with romance and the bohemian presence of the revolution. Experience the old glamour of the 1950s present in the old cars and some of the city's emblematic buildings. Travel back in time and experience the unique mix between the old and the new that only Havana could offer. This is one tour you won’t want to miss.
Your day will start with a tour of Old Havana, the oldest and most treasured part of the city, boasting five centuries of rich architectural heritage and a large number of museums and galleries. The colonial architecture in Old Havana is wonderfully diverse, having being influenced by a range of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures. Founded by the Spanish in 1515, Old Havana is steeped in history and is a truly inspiring place to visit. To protect the streets and buildings, this part of the city, along with its ancient fortifications, was declared an UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982.
Havana is one of the oldest and best-preserved colonial cities in the Americas, and many of the oldest buildings date back to the 16th and 17th centuries. The charming cobbled streets and old squares here host a treasure trove of historical buildings and beautiful baroque architecture, such as the 18th century Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana) and the Captains Generals Palace, which now houses the Museum of the City, and the 19th century Great Theatre of Havana.
This enriching city tour will enable you to get a different perspective of Havana, its architecture and the life and history of its people. At the turn of the century, the developing city outside Old Havana’s walls was influenced by the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movement, and in the 1940s 1950s it became a haven for gamblers, gangsters and those seeking fun in the sun. But with these changes came money, glitz and glamour, attracting a large number of famous movie stars, musicians and writers. The modern, high-rise buildings, classic American vintage cars and lavish Las Vegas-style nightlife are all reminders of Havana’s booming economy at the time.
As the sun goes down, Havana is just as lively today as it was then. Your day will end with a night to remember at the legendary Tropicana nightclub, famous for the spectacular and most dazzling cabaret show in Cuba. A magical night of Cuban flair with exotic dances and striking costumes are just some of the highlights, cocktails and singing under the stars… a night that will leave you with a true taste of Cuba's intoxicating music and rhythms. Havana as the cradle of Salsa won't disappoint you with its display of non-stop passionate dancing.
If you'd love to truly get to know Havana, this is an unmissable excursion. We can guarantee that you'll end up falling in love with this enchanting city and its rare wonders, most of which you will only be able to see and experience with this unique tour. With a city like Havana, there's simply so much to see and do! This captivating Havana Overnight tour will be the perfect addition to your Cuba holidays and it’s an unforgettable experience that will undoubtedly leave you wanting even more.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Combine the vibrancy of charming Havana with a relaxing beach escape at a 24-hour All Inclusive resort in Varadero
- An excellent selection of restaurants and bars in Varadero including 3 a La Carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars
- Make the most of Havana with a private beach and the sea adjacent to the property and Old Havana nearby
- Never waste a minute in Varadero with everything from watersports to Spanish lessons to salsa and more
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Enjoy a luxurious Cuban twin centre holiday in Vibrant Havana and Relaxing Varadero with a fascinating City tour included
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
The Melia Habana Hotel is located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea. This building has a...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
If you are looking for a quiet city, sea fronted location, with the possibility of combining a relaxing holiday with...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...
Stay at the charming hotel Comodoro for the first few nights of your holiday and enjoy the atmosphere of a modern hotel...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.
Pop superstar Madonna celebrated her 58th birthday with a mini-break in Cuba last week. The singer stayed at the Hotel Saratoga in Havana with a group of friends and family and was photographed having dinner and cocktails at La Guarida restaurant. Taking to the streets of the city with her half-Cuban daughter Lourdes Leon, Madonna shared photos of her trip on Twitter.