Discover Jeep Tour
Duration: Full Day
Discover some of Cuba’s most beautiful natural wonders on this unforgettable day of adventure and discovery off the beaten track. This tour will take you on an exciting 4x4 jeep ride in the province of Matanzas, where you will explore Matanzas City as well as the famous Saturno Caves. You can also enjoy a range of exhilarating activities such as horse riding at a Cuban ranch or a speedboat ride down the Yumuri River. Whatever you do, you can be sure of an action-packed day you won’t forget.
Our first part of the tour starts by travelling through the city of Matanzas, the capital of the Cuban province of the same name. Located 42 km west of Varadero on Cuba’s north coast, surrounding all three sides of the Bay of Matanzas, this interesting city is also known as “the city of bridges” or "Venice of Cuba” because of its numerous bridges crossing three different rivers. Founded in 1693, the city centre is steeped in history and is also an important cultural centre, renowned for inspiring many famous poets, artists and musicians throughout history. The main city sights include interesting colonial architecture, historical squares and bustling farmers markets. Passing through the city, we then drive onwards through Matanzas’ beautiful countryside. Marvel at the spectacular scenery and lush endemic flora as we drive past sugar cane fields, small villages, exotic orchards and landscapes lined with palm trees. Photo opportunities will be available on the way.
We eventually arrive at the beautiful Saturno Cave, a 20 foot deep natural cavern which is flooded with crystal clear water. Visitors can swim and dive here but the biggest attraction of the cave is the beautiful stalagmites and stalactites. Immerse yourself in this magical underground world and explore the cave's two galleries, which are inhabited by blind fish and shrimps. This unique fauna can only be found living in dark limestone caves in certain parts of the world such as Africa, South America and Cuba. As you leave the caves, you can also see the beautiful crystalline lake at the entrance.
Afterwards you can choose from a variety of different activities, including a motor-powered boat ride down the scenic Yumuri River or relaxing at a typically Cuban ranch, where you can enjoy horseback riding in beautiful surroundings. This tour is a wonderful way to see the island’s exquisite natural beauty during your holiday in Cuba, and you won’t be disappointed.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Explore two different sides of Cuba with excellent range of facilities and entertainments
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities including dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Los Cactus
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
Surround yourself with the rich culture and history, glorious beach scenery and magnificent architecture of Cuba during your summer holiday
Combine a moving city escape to Havana with a Caribbean beach retreat to Varadero beach and explore Cuban charisma during summer 2017
- Take advantage of a complimentary shuttle service to the iconic capital of Havana
- Offers a range of luxurious, family-friendly amenities
- Situated on the stunning Varadero beach
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.