Discover Jeep Tour
Duration: Full Day
Discover some of Cuba’s most beautiful natural wonders on this unforgettable day of adventure and discovery off the beaten track. This tour will take you on an exciting 4x4 jeep ride in the province of Matanzas, where you will explore Matanzas City as well as the famous Saturno Caves. You can also enjoy a range of exhilarating activities such as horse riding at a Cuban ranch or a speedboat ride down the Yumuri River. Whatever you do, you can be sure of an action-packed day you won’t forget.
Our first part of the tour starts by travelling through the city of Matanzas, the capital of the Cuban province of the same name. Located 42 km west of Varadero on Cuba’s north coast, surrounding all three sides of the Bay of Matanzas, this interesting city is also known as “the city of bridges” or "Venice of Cuba” because of its numerous bridges crossing three different rivers. Founded in 1693, the city centre is steeped in history and is also an important cultural centre, renowned for inspiring many famous poets, artists and musicians throughout history. The main city sights include interesting colonial architecture, historical squares and bustling farmers markets. Passing through the city, we then drive onwards through Matanzas’ beautiful countryside. Marvel at the spectacular scenery and lush endemic flora as we drive past sugar cane fields, small villages, exotic orchards and landscapes lined with palm trees. Photo opportunities will be available on the way.
We eventually arrive at the beautiful Saturno Cave, a 20 foot deep natural cavern which is flooded with crystal clear water. Visitors can swim and dive here but the biggest attraction of the cave is the beautiful stalagmites and stalactites. Immerse yourself in this magical underground world and explore the cave's two galleries, which are inhabited by blind fish and shrimps. This unique fauna can only be found living in dark limestone caves in certain parts of the world such as Africa, South America and Cuba. As you leave the caves, you can also see the beautiful crystalline lake at the entrance.
Afterwards you can choose from a variety of different activities, including a motor-powered boat ride down the scenic Yumuri River or relaxing at a typically Cuban ranch, where you can enjoy horseback riding in beautiful surroundings. This tour is a wonderful way to see the island’s exquisite natural beauty during your holiday in Cuba, and you won’t be disappointed.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Combine the vibrancy of charming Havana with a relaxing beach escape at a 24-hour All Inclusive resort in Varadero
- An excellent selection of restaurants and bars in Varadero including 3 a La Carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars
- Make the most of Havana with a private beach and the sea adjacent to the property and Old Havana nearby
- Never waste a minute in Varadero with everything from watersports to Spanish lessons to salsa and more
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Experience the beauty of colonial Havana from an elegant and quiet hotel, then relax on a fabulous beachfront resort set on Varadero's white sands
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience in Varadero with the sandy beaches, tranquil waters and endless activities offered at this 24 hour All Inclusive resort
- During your stay in Havana take our 2-day cultural tour from just £99 per person which includes City tour of Havana, a Tobacco Plantation, Cigar Factory, sail along the river and see the Haystack Hillock Mountains and much more
- Non-motorised water sports in Varadero included (catamaran, snorkelling, windsurfing)
Discover the pulsating charm of Cuba’s capital, countryside and beaches on this multi-centre summer holiday
Combine exploring the charm of bustling Havana, with a slow paced, Cuban summer beach escape.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Enjoy a variety of activities including snorkelling, diving, hiking, tennis, Spanish classes, dance classes and more.
- The tranquil base for exploring the capital, Havana
Spend this Christmas soaking up the real Cuban vibe in Havana and relax in Varadero at a 24hr All-Inc Adults-Only Resort
Relax and enjoy this modern adults only resort during Christmas
- Explore Cuba in a stylish 1950's American car with a complimentary vintage car tour, passing through the Miramar district, before seeing the amazing sites of Cuba such as the Revolution Square, University of Cuba and the iconic Hotel Nacional de Cuba!
- Celebrate with a Caribbean holiday of a lifetime and see in 2017 with the festive Gala dinners included in this offer!
- Benefit from the rooftop pool or relax and spoil yourself at the beauty salon at Nh Capri Hotel in Havana
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities ranging from scuba diving lessons to dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Breezes Varadero
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.