Discover Jeep Tour
Duration: Full Day
Discover some of Cuba’s most beautiful natural wonders on this unforgettable day of adventure and discovery off the beaten track. This tour will take you on an exciting 4x4 jeep ride in the province of Matanzas, where you will explore Matanzas City as well as the famous Saturno Caves. You can also enjoy a range of exhilarating activities such as horse riding at a Cuban ranch or a speedboat ride down the Yumuri River. Whatever you do, you can be sure of an action-packed day you won’t forget.
Our first part of the tour starts by travelling through the city of Matanzas, the capital of the Cuban province of the same name. Located 42 km west of Varadero on Cuba’s north coast, surrounding all three sides of the Bay of Matanzas, this interesting city is also known as “the city of bridges” or "Venice of Cuba” because of its numerous bridges crossing three different rivers. Founded in 1693, the city centre is steeped in history and is also an important cultural centre, renowned for inspiring many famous poets, artists and musicians throughout history. The main city sights include interesting colonial architecture, historical squares and bustling farmers markets. Passing through the city, we then drive onwards through Matanzas’ beautiful countryside. Marvel at the spectacular scenery and lush endemic flora as we drive past sugar cane fields, small villages, exotic orchards and landscapes lined with palm trees. Photo opportunities will be available on the way.
We eventually arrive at the beautiful Saturno Cave, a 20 foot deep natural cavern which is flooded with crystal clear water. Visitors can swim and dive here but the biggest attraction of the cave is the beautiful stalagmites and stalactites. Immerse yourself in this magical underground world and explore the cave's two galleries, which are inhabited by blind fish and shrimps. This unique fauna can only be found living in dark limestone caves in certain parts of the world such as Africa, South America and Cuba. As you leave the caves, you can also see the beautiful crystalline lake at the entrance.
Afterwards you can choose from a variety of different activities, including a motor-powered boat ride down the scenic Yumuri River or relaxing at a typically Cuban ranch, where you can enjoy horseback riding in beautiful surroundings. This tour is a wonderful way to see the island’s exquisite natural beauty during your holiday in Cuba, and you won’t be disappointed.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
If you are looking for a quiet city, sea fronted location, with the possibility of combining a relaxing holiday with...
Managing to combine the charming atmosphere of a traditional hacienda with the modern amenities of an All-Inclusive,...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.