Discover Jeep Tour
Duration: Full Day
Discover some of Cuba’s most beautiful natural wonders on this unforgettable day of adventure and discovery off the beaten track. This tour will take you on an exciting 4x4 jeep ride in the province of Matanzas, where you will explore Matanzas City as well as the famous Saturno Caves. You can also enjoy a range of exhilarating activities such as horse riding at a Cuban ranch or a speedboat ride down the Yumuri River. Whatever you do, you can be sure of an action-packed day you won’t forget.
Our first part of the tour starts by travelling through the city of Matanzas, the capital of the Cuban province of the same name. Located 42 km west of Varadero on Cuba’s north coast, surrounding all three sides of the Bay of Matanzas, this interesting city is also known as “the city of bridges” or "Venice of Cuba” because of its numerous bridges crossing three different rivers. Founded in 1693, the city centre is steeped in history and is also an important cultural centre, renowned for inspiring many famous poets, artists and musicians throughout history. The main city sights include interesting colonial architecture, historical squares and bustling farmers markets. Passing through the city, we then drive onwards through Matanzas’ beautiful countryside. Marvel at the spectacular scenery and lush endemic flora as we drive past sugar cane fields, small villages, exotic orchards and landscapes lined with palm trees. Photo opportunities will be available on the way.
We eventually arrive at the beautiful Saturno Cave, a 20 foot deep natural cavern which is flooded with crystal clear water. Visitors can swim and dive here but the biggest attraction of the cave is the beautiful stalagmites and stalactites. Immerse yourself in this magical underground world and explore the cave's two galleries, which are inhabited by blind fish and shrimps. This unique fauna can only be found living in dark limestone caves in certain parts of the world such as Africa, South America and Cuba. As you leave the caves, you can also see the beautiful crystalline lake at the entrance.
Afterwards you can choose from a variety of different activities, including a motor-powered boat ride down the scenic Yumuri River or relaxing at a typically Cuban ranch, where you can enjoy horseback riding in beautiful surroundings. This tour is a wonderful way to see the island’s exquisite natural beauty during your holiday in Cuba, and you won’t be disappointed.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
A perfect hideaway in the heart of the Vedado district, the Residencia offers smart and comfortable rooms and a...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.