Guama, Steam and Sugar
Duration: Full Day
For a historically enriching and exciting adventure this is a Cuba excursion like no other. This tour offers the traveler a unique combination of history with a fabulous steam train ride in true old fashioned style.
On this unique tour you will be able to go back in time in the land of the native Taino Indians and get into the thick of the Zapata Peninsula, famous for its crocodile swamps. On your way there you will pass many colorful villages from where you'll be able to admire at the sights of beautiful Cuban fauna and flora. Once in the Zapata Peninsula you will visit the famous crocodile sanctuary as you pass through the place's wildest and most untouched areas. Take the time to watch these amazing creatures in their own habitat, a unique opportunity to make the most of!
The day's activities will include a refreshing stop for lunch at a selected restaurant, offering visitors the time to recover energies for the remaining of the day's exciting activities.
Following refreshments, you will be taken on a visit to Playa Giron, a historical landmark where you'll be able to see Castro's headquarters during the invasion of The Bay of Pigs in 1961. Then you will be left to relax and ponder on the day's activities as you go aboard a last century steam train taking you across long stretches of sugar cane fields.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
From the excitement of Havana to the tranquil beauty of Guardalavaca, experience top of the range accommodation, service and nature at its best
- Non-motorized water sports, including wide range of options at your disposal: sailing, kayak, water bikes
- Great choice of restaurants and bars
- Exclusive Singles offer at Paradisus Rio De Oro – No single supplement for Summer 2017 - Limited Availability
- Royal Service option with excellent added values available
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.