Guama, Steam and Sugar
Duration: Full Day
For a historically enriching and exciting adventure this is a Cuba excursion like no other. This tour offers the traveler a unique combination of history with a fabulous steam train ride in true old fashioned style.
On this unique tour you will be able to go back in time in the land of the native Taino Indians and get into the thick of the Zapata Peninsula, famous for its crocodile swamps. On your way there you will pass many colorful villages from where you'll be able to admire at the sights of beautiful Cuban fauna and flora. Once in the Zapata Peninsula you will visit the famous crocodile sanctuary as you pass through the place's wildest and most untouched areas. Take the time to watch these amazing creatures in their own habitat, a unique opportunity to make the most of!
The day's activities will include a refreshing stop for lunch at a selected restaurant, offering visitors the time to recover energies for the remaining of the day's exciting activities.
Following refreshments, you will be taken on a visit to Playa Giron, a historical landmark where you'll be able to see Castro's headquarters during the invasion of The Bay of Pigs in 1961. Then you will be left to relax and ponder on the day's activities as you go aboard a last century steam train taking you across long stretches of sugar cane fields.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
Take your family to Old Havana and to enjoy everything that is unique about this extraordinary city, then head off to Varadero for a fun filled beach holiday
- Parque Central, is in a great location for exploration of the vast number of UNESCO heritage sites in Havana.
- Parque Central is rated #1 Havana hotel by Trip Advisor users.
- The Iberostar Laguna Azul in Varadero offer families some great facilities including a spacious room layout and amazing childrens club
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Upgrade to the Sea View Room at Melia Habana from £49pp
- Deal includes a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero plus One hydrothermal circuit in Yhi Spa per person
- Exclusive FREE city tour included, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- The perfect 5* multi centre - mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury adults-only all-suite hotel Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Havana has to offer
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.