Duration: Full Day
This fascinating tour will take you to the most natural side of Havana where you’ll discover the green splendour of our Botanical Garden in its 600 hectares, one of the largest in America, combining it with the Havana city's high lights, a walking tour around the old historical centre and the modern part of the city.
You will begin by taking a panoramic tour so that you can take in the most interesting sights of the city , sightseeing the imposing Capitolio, a building of majestic proportions and beautiful neoclassical decor. Its surroundings include the Great Theatre of Havana, another important building of exceptional beauty and colonial glamour, now home to the National Ballet of Cuba.
Walk along the quaint colonial squares at the historical centre in the company of an English-speaking tour guide who will provide a great deal of historical, cultural and social knowledge, to make this tour an unforgettable experience. Later on, you'll be driven to the square of the Revolution, a place of revolutionary romanticism still fresh in the gigantic image of Che Guevara overlooking the square.
And finally, for your encounter with Cuban nature in the form of perfectly manicured gardens, you will be heading off to the National Botanic Gardens, a paradisiacal floral heaven of a buoyant magnitude and grandeur. The garden's exhibition areas occupy no less than 2353 square metres, all flourishing with the most beautiful species of plants, trees and bushes. These areas are conformed by an indoor section made up of 3 pavilions standing 9 metres high and enclosing more than 600 different kinds of plants, of 250 types and 90 families. Besides these wonderful spaces there are also plenty of outdoor areas with an attractive pond full of aquatic plants and outstandingly beautiful ornamental features.
But the garden's most popular area is the Japanese Garden, a unique yard created by landscape architect Yoshicuni Araki. It encloses an area of 5 hectares dedicated to south-western Asia. This area has the peculiarity that from any point you can see the whole lush landscape. The peculiar charm of this mini garden has been a natural inspiration to many, with its lively goldfish lake, its small cascade and a vantage point.
To finish off the day's enriching activities you will have lunch at Finca Alona, a countryside setting in a very Cuban environment and not very far from the gardens.
This tour is mandatory for all natural lovers and those who know how to appreciate floral beauty and the enchantments of nature.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Explore two different sides of Cuba with excellent range of facilities and entertainments
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities including dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Los Cactus
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Surround yourself with the rich culture and history, glorious beach scenery and magnificent architecture of Cuba during your summer holiday
Combine a moving city escape to Havana with a Caribbean beach retreat to Varadero beach and explore Cuban charisma during summer 2017
- Take advantage of a complimentary shuttle service to the iconic capital of Havana
- Offers a range of luxurious, family-friendly amenities
- Situated on the stunning Varadero beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel
- Enjoy a free upgrade to the ocean view at Melia Habana
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.