Duration: Full Day
This fascinating tour will take you to the most natural side of Havana where you’ll discover the green splendour of our Botanical Garden in its 600 hectares, one of the largest in America, combining it with the Havana city's high lights, a walking tour around the old historical centre and the modern part of the city.
You will begin by taking a panoramic tour so that you can take in the most interesting sights of the city , sightseeing the imposing Capitolio, a building of majestic proportions and beautiful neoclassical decor. Its surroundings include the Great Theatre of Havana, another important building of exceptional beauty and colonial glamour, now home to the National Ballet of Cuba.
Walk along the quaint colonial squares at the historical centre in the company of an English-speaking tour guide who will provide a great deal of historical, cultural and social knowledge, to make this tour an unforgettable experience. Later on, you'll be driven to the square of the Revolution, a place of revolutionary romanticism still fresh in the gigantic image of Che Guevara overlooking the square.
And finally, for your encounter with Cuban nature in the form of perfectly manicured gardens, you will be heading off to the National Botanic Gardens, a paradisiacal floral heaven of a buoyant magnitude and grandeur. The garden's exhibition areas occupy no less than 2353 square metres, all flourishing with the most beautiful species of plants, trees and bushes. These areas are conformed by an indoor section made up of 3 pavilions standing 9 metres high and enclosing more than 600 different kinds of plants, of 250 types and 90 families. Besides these wonderful spaces there are also plenty of outdoor areas with an attractive pond full of aquatic plants and outstandingly beautiful ornamental features.
But the garden's most popular area is the Japanese Garden, a unique yard created by landscape architect Yoshicuni Araki. It encloses an area of 5 hectares dedicated to south-western Asia. This area has the peculiarity that from any point you can see the whole lush landscape. The peculiar charm of this mini garden has been a natural inspiration to many, with its lively goldfish lake, its small cascade and a vantage point.
To finish off the day's enriching activities you will have lunch at Finca Alona, a countryside setting in a very Cuban environment and not very far from the gardens.
This tour is mandatory for all natural lovers and those who know how to appreciate floral beauty and the enchantments of nature.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy a Cuban holiday of a lifetime at two amazing hotels in stunning locations sure to create memories that will last a lifetime
- The stunning Dhawa Cayo Santa Maria Hotel is nestled on the stunning white sands of Cayo Santa Maria, the hotel has all the state-of-the-art facilities you would expect from a top hotel of it's nature
- Upgrade to the Sea View Room at NH Capri from £49pp
- Exclusive FREE city tour included, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Stay in the perfect Havana location at NH Capri right at the heart of the city, just footsteps away from the panoramic Malecon seaside promenade
Take your family to Old Havana and to enjoy everything that is unique about this extraordinary city, then head off to Varadero for a fun filled beach holiday
- Parque Central, is in a great location for exploration of the vast number of UNESCO heritage sites in Havana.
- Parque Central is rated #1 Havana hotel by Trip Advisor users.
- The Iberostar Laguna Azul in Varadero offer families some great facilities including a spacious room layout and amazing childrens club
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over half...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
If you are looking for a quiet city, sea fronted location, with the possibility of combining a relaxing holiday with...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.