Duration: Full Day
This fascinating tour will take you to the most natural side of Havana where you’ll discover the green splendour of our Botanical Garden in its 600 hectares, one of the largest in America, combining it with the Havana city's high lights, a walking tour around the old historical centre and the modern part of the city.
You will begin by taking a panoramic tour so that you can take in the most interesting sights of the city , sightseeing the imposing Capitolio, a building of majestic proportions and beautiful neoclassical decor. Its surroundings include the Great Theatre of Havana, another important building of exceptional beauty and colonial glamour, now home to the National Ballet of Cuba.
Walk along the quaint colonial squares at the historical centre in the company of an English-speaking tour guide who will provide a great deal of historical, cultural and social knowledge, to make this tour an unforgettable experience. Later on, you'll be driven to the square of the Revolution, a place of revolutionary romanticism still fresh in the gigantic image of Che Guevara overlooking the square.
And finally, for your encounter with Cuban nature in the form of perfectly manicured gardens, you will be heading off to the National Botanic Gardens, a paradisiacal floral heaven of a buoyant magnitude and grandeur. The garden's exhibition areas occupy no less than 2353 square metres, all flourishing with the most beautiful species of plants, trees and bushes. These areas are conformed by an indoor section made up of 3 pavilions standing 9 metres high and enclosing more than 600 different kinds of plants, of 250 types and 90 families. Besides these wonderful spaces there are also plenty of outdoor areas with an attractive pond full of aquatic plants and outstandingly beautiful ornamental features.
But the garden's most popular area is the Japanese Garden, a unique yard created by landscape architect Yoshicuni Araki. It encloses an area of 5 hectares dedicated to south-western Asia. This area has the peculiarity that from any point you can see the whole lush landscape. The peculiar charm of this mini garden has been a natural inspiration to many, with its lively goldfish lake, its small cascade and a vantage point.
To finish off the day's enriching activities you will have lunch at Finca Alona, a countryside setting in a very Cuban environment and not very far from the gardens.
This tour is mandatory for all natural lovers and those who know how to appreciate floral beauty and the enchantments of nature.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 20th Sep
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 20th Sep
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.