Duration: Full Day
This fascinating tour will take you to the most natural side of Havana where you’ll discover the green splendour of our Botanical Garden in its 600 hectares, one of the largest in America, combining it with the Havana city's high lights, a walking tour around the old historical centre and the modern part of the city.
You will begin by taking a panoramic tour so that you can take in the most interesting sights of the city , sightseeing the imposing Capitolio, a building of majestic proportions and beautiful neoclassical decor. Its surroundings include the Great Theatre of Havana, another important building of exceptional beauty and colonial glamour, now home to the National Ballet of Cuba.
Walk along the quaint colonial squares at the historical centre in the company of an English-speaking tour guide who will provide a great deal of historical, cultural and social knowledge, to make this tour an unforgettable experience. Later on, you'll be driven to the square of the Revolution, a place of revolutionary romanticism still fresh in the gigantic image of Che Guevara overlooking the square.
And finally, for your encounter with Cuban nature in the form of perfectly manicured gardens, you will be heading off to the National Botanic Gardens, a paradisiacal floral heaven of a buoyant magnitude and grandeur. The garden's exhibition areas occupy no less than 2353 square metres, all flourishing with the most beautiful species of plants, trees and bushes. These areas are conformed by an indoor section made up of 3 pavilions standing 9 metres high and enclosing more than 600 different kinds of plants, of 250 types and 90 families. Besides these wonderful spaces there are also plenty of outdoor areas with an attractive pond full of aquatic plants and outstandingly beautiful ornamental features.
But the garden's most popular area is the Japanese Garden, a unique yard created by landscape architect Yoshicuni Araki. It encloses an area of 5 hectares dedicated to south-western Asia. This area has the peculiarity that from any point you can see the whole lush landscape. The peculiar charm of this mini garden has been a natural inspiration to many, with its lively goldfish lake, its small cascade and a vantage point.
To finish off the day's enriching activities you will have lunch at Finca Alona, a countryside setting in a very Cuban environment and not very far from the gardens.
This tour is mandatory for all natural lovers and those who know how to appreciate floral beauty and the enchantments of nature.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Combine the vibrancy of charming Havana with a relaxing beach escape at a 24-hour All Inclusive resort in Varadero
- An excellent selection of restaurants and bars in Varadero including 3 a La Carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars
- Make the most of Havana with a private beach and the sea adjacent to the property and Old Havana nearby
- Never waste a minute in Varadero with everything from watersports to Spanish lessons to salsa and more
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Feel the intoxicating Latin vibe in Havana and relax on the sun-kissed sands of Varadero beach.
- Memories Miramar Hotel operates a free of charge shuttle bus to the centre of Havana so guests can enjoy the best of the wonderful City's attractions
- Blau Varadero offers fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day and for the health conscious there are various wellness options
- Added extras for couples include a welcome cocktail, private check-in and complimentary massages
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.