Jazz and Tradition
This is an incredible tour that combines 2 wonderful excursions in one with a blend of culture, history and music. This evening tour is the perfect way to fill any leisure evening during your holidays in Cuba and a must for all jazz lovers. Booking this tour you will be closer than ever to the most authentic Cuban way of life and traditions.
For the first part of this tour you'll be taken to attend a traditional ceremony held every night for the last 200 years,(since the 18th century and still today) "The Cannon Shoot Ceremony". It is performed by Young boys in the military service, who become actors every night, wearing the old Spanish uniforms in the ceremonial military style of the 1800s, to hold the ceremony at 9.00pm sharp. You will witness a unique show in the largest Fortress built by the Spanish in America, La Cabaña fortress. This ceremony dates back to the time when this fortress built by the Spanish King Carlos III protected the city with a wall that enclosed it to safeguard its boundaries against invaders. The shot of the cannon announced the closing of the city doors and this same ceremony is still celebrated today maintaining a popular tradition that throughout time has entertained the locals and the visitors.
After sampling this revival of history you will be heading toward the iconic bar-restaurant La Bodeguita del Medio, the home of the famous Mojito. After a welcoming Mojito cocktail, you'll enjoy a fabulous traditional Cuban dinner, resulted from the experienced hands of the chef who prepares the best traditional meal in town. This will be a dining experience that will bring you closer to the true flavour of Cuban cuisine.
And after all that culinary indulgence you'll be taken to enjoy a night of musical delight at one of Cuba's most famous jazz retreats: La Zorra y El Cuervo.
Cuba has had some exceptional jazz stars like the legendary Grammy Winner Bebo Valdes and his son Chucho Valdes, who followed his father's footsteps and now is a renowned jazz musician in Cuba and founder of the Latin jazz group Irakere. Jazz in Cuba is very much kept alive and there are plenty of jazz places scattered all around Havana, the best of which you will be visiting as part of this tour. At La Zorra y El Cuervo you will enjoy the intoxicating rhythms of Cuban Lating jazz with outstanding performances from the best Cuban jazz interpreters. Each night this popular basement fills up with up to 130 guests and delivers the best of jazz music to a loyal audience. This place has also played host to international jazz artists like George Benson, Chucho Valdes and Gonzalo Rubalcaba.
To get a colourful mixture of nightly entertainment, this exclusive excursion offers a unique selection of the best night activities in Havana. We are sure you won't regret choosing this tour, a promising way to spend an authentically Cuban night.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Explore two different sides of Cuba with excellent range of facilities and entertainments
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities including dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Los Cactus
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.