Jazz and Tradition
This is an incredible tour that combines 2 wonderful excursions in one with a blend of culture, history and music. This evening tour is the perfect way to fill any leisure evening during your holidays in Cuba and a must for all jazz lovers. Booking this tour you will be closer than ever to the most authentic Cuban way of life and traditions.
For the first part of this tour you'll be taken to attend a traditional ceremony held every night for the last 200 years,(since the 18th century and still today) "The Cannon Shoot Ceremony". It is performed by Young boys in the military service, who become actors every night, wearing the old Spanish uniforms in the ceremonial military style of the 1800s, to hold the ceremony at 9.00pm sharp. You will witness a unique show in the largest Fortress built by the Spanish in America, La Cabaña fortress. This ceremony dates back to the time when this fortress built by the Spanish King Carlos III protected the city with a wall that enclosed it to safeguard its boundaries against invaders. The shot of the cannon announced the closing of the city doors and this same ceremony is still celebrated today maintaining a popular tradition that throughout time has entertained the locals and the visitors.
After sampling this revival of history you will be heading toward the iconic bar-restaurant La Bodeguita del Medio, the home of the famous Mojito. After a welcoming Mojito cocktail, you'll enjoy a fabulous traditional Cuban dinner, resulted from the experienced hands of the chef who prepares the best traditional meal in town. This will be a dining experience that will bring you closer to the true flavour of Cuban cuisine.
And after all that culinary indulgence you'll be taken to enjoy a night of musical delight at one of Cuba's most famous jazz retreats: La Zorra y El Cuervo.
Cuba has had some exceptional jazz stars like the legendary Grammy Winner Bebo Valdes and his son Chucho Valdes, who followed his father's footsteps and now is a renowned jazz musician in Cuba and founder of the Latin jazz group Irakere. Jazz in Cuba is very much kept alive and there are plenty of jazz places scattered all around Havana, the best of which you will be visiting as part of this tour. At La Zorra y El Cuervo you will enjoy the intoxicating rhythms of Cuban Lating jazz with outstanding performances from the best Cuban jazz interpreters. Each night this popular basement fills up with up to 130 guests and delivers the best of jazz music to a loyal audience. This place has also played host to international jazz artists like George Benson, Chucho Valdes and Gonzalo Rubalcaba.
To get a colourful mixture of nightly entertainment, this exclusive excursion offers a unique selection of the best night activities in Havana. We are sure you won't regret choosing this tour, a promising way to spend an authentically Cuban night.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Combine discovering the colonial architecture, history and rich culture of Havana with basking upon Caribbean beaches...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.