City Tour in Vintage Cars
Duration: Half Day
For the ultimate touring experience, take this outstanding city tour where you will be exploring the wonders of Havana in true retro style. Make the most of this unique opportunity of discovering Havana in a vintage car from the 50s or even older. Our well-preserved Chevrolets, Pontiacs and Cadillacs will be ready to take you around this enchanted city.
While getting to know Havana, you’ll be thrilled with the perfect and harmonic combination of the different styles of architecture from XVIII to XX century that you’ll find among the old and the new city; there is no better way to explore Havana than in one of its iconic old cars.
Another places you’ll enjoy to visit are the square of the revolution, (one of the world's largest city squares) and its impressive obelisk with it’s 139 meters high, making it the highest view point in Cuba, so you can have an overall view of the city. At the foot of this obelisk you’ll find the stage where Fidel Castro made his speeches to millions of Cubans on special occasions. Opposite to the memorial, stands the famous Ché Guevara image engraved on the Ministry of Interior, with his famous phrase: "Hasta la Victoria Siempre" (Forever Onwards Towards Victory)
Other visits will include a stop by the Capitolio, a chance to take pictures and get good information about the other buildings in the area. The Capitol is an exquisite and bigger replica of its twin predecessor in Washington DC. Built in 1929 by Machado, (one of the Presidents of Cuba), to be used by the parliament and senate; after the Revolution it became the centre of the Academy of Sciences whilst also being an occasional host of cultural events. Go up the 55 steps and wonder at this magnificent masterpiece of architecture.
The next stop will be the old historical centre; and the time to walk around four different squares were the tour guide will filled you up with so much information and beauty. It’s all about the history architecture, social life and culture of old Havana city. After this wonderful tour you will enjoy lunch in the elegant "La Torre" restaurant, specialized in sea food, but many other choices are available too. This restaurant and view point is located on the top floor of Focsa building, one of the seven wonders of the Cuban architecture, so you can keep enjoying the city and relax while having lunch and drinks. Do not miss such a fantastic city tour where you'll get to see the best of Havana, all in authentic Cuban style.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.