Tropicana Matanzas - a Paradise Under the Stars
The original Tropicana Cabaret opened in Havana in 1956 and ever since then it became an iconic landmark that has enchanted visitors from all over the world. Its twin version in Matanzas, is a grander more ambitious layout accommodating up to 400 people outdoors and with up to 200 dancers on stage!
Tropicana is a show unlike any other, with half a century of history in entertaining audiences all over the world. Under its motto "A paradise under the stars" Tropicana has been a source of inspiration for much remembered shows, many of which have toured the world.
The actual cabaret is something to be admired, featuring an 18-by-11-meter stained-glass window created by the Cuban artist Ernesto Garcia Pena and considered by many experts as the biggest in America. Beautifully crafted iron-wrought railings by Luciano Rafar, along with works by sculptor Tomas Lara complete the establishment's chic decoration. In short, the Tropicana cabaret in Matanzas is regarded by experts as an architectural masterpiece, complemented by technical solutions and the outstanding beauty of the setting surrounding the nightclub.This goes without mentioning the genuinely Cuban show on stage every night since its inauguration.
Apart from offering one-of-a-kind shows and entertainment the nightclub also offer services such as a snack bar, cafeteria and shops selling cigars, coffee and souvenirs. So you know your options of entertainment aren't limited to the show itself.
Join us for an evening of much acclaimed dancing and partying till the early hours of the morning with Tropicana's sizzling show.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
Enjoy a Cuban holiday of a lifetime at two amazing hotels in stunning locations sure to create memories that will last a lifetime
- Call now to upgrade to the Sea View Room at NH Capri with a discount
- The stunning Dhawa Cayo Santa Maria Hotel is nestled on the stunning white sands of Cayo Santa Maria, the hotel has all the state-of-the-art facilities you would expect from a top hotel of it's nature
- Stay in the perfect Havana location at NH Capri right at the heart of the city, just footsteps away from the panoramic Malecon seaside promenade
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- The perfect 5* multi centre - mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury adults-only all-suite hotel Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Havana has to offer
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over half...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.