Tropicana Matanzas - a Paradise Under the Stars
The original Tropicana Cabaret opened in Havana in 1956 and ever since then it became an iconic landmark that has enchanted visitors from all over the world. Its twin version in Matanzas, is a grander more ambitious layout accommodating up to 400 people outdoors and with up to 200 dancers on stage!
Tropicana is a show unlike any other, with half a century of history in entertaining audiences all over the world. Under its motto "A paradise under the stars" Tropicana has been a source of inspiration for much remembered shows, many of which have toured the world.
The actual cabaret is something to be admired, featuring an 18-by-11-meter stained-glass window created by the Cuban artist Ernesto Garcia Pena and considered by many experts as the biggest in America. Beautifully crafted iron-wrought railings by Luciano Rafar, along with works by sculptor Tomas Lara complete the establishment's chic decoration. In short, the Tropicana cabaret in Matanzas is regarded by experts as an architectural masterpiece, complemented by technical solutions and the outstanding beauty of the setting surrounding the nightclub.This goes without mentioning the genuinely Cuban show on stage every night since its inauguration.
Apart from offering one-of-a-kind shows and entertainment the nightclub also offer services such as a snack bar, cafeteria and shops selling cigars, coffee and souvenirs. So you know your options of entertainment aren't limited to the show itself.
Join us for an evening of much acclaimed dancing and partying till the early hours of the morning with Tropicana's sizzling show.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero.
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Spend this Christmas soaking up the real Cuban vibe in Havana and relax in Varadero at a 24hr All-Inc Adults-Only Resort
Relax and enjoy this modern adults only resort during Christmas
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
- Explore Cuba in a stylish 1950's American car with a complimentary vintage car tour, passing through the Miramar district, before seeing the amazing sites of Cuba such as the Revolution Square, University of Cuba and the iconic Hotel Nacional de Cuba!
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities ranging from scuba diving lessons to dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Los Cactus
- Celebrate with a Caribbean holiday of a lifetime and see in 2017 with the festive Gala dinners included in this offer!
- Benefit from the rooftop pool or relax and spoil yourself at the beauty salon at Nh Capri Hotel in Havana
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.