Buena Vista Social Club
Duration: 5 Hours
For all those Buena Vista Social Club lovers or those who want to get a taste of Cuban's traditional rhythms this afternoon trip will prove a once in a lifetime experience. On this exceptional excursion you will have the opportunity of attending a live concert featuring all of the remaining live Buena Vista Social Club band members.
Buena Vista Social Club was an all black members fraternal group that got together to play in different locations throughout Havana in the years before the revolution. Their music has been described as encapsulating Cuba's "musical golden age" between the 1930s and 1950s. The documentary made by German director Wim Wenders, also named after the band "Buena Vista Social Club" got an Academy Award nomination for Best Documentary Feature and won numerous awards including Best Documentary at the European Film Awards.
Your Buena Vista Social Club experience will begin with an evening ride in one of the iconic Cuban vintage cars. You will be picked up from your hotel and taken through the city of Varadero with a stop for dinner. Once at the cabaret you will have the privilege of enjoying the performance of these extraordinary musicians, the famous singers and players of "Son de Cuba" in an intoxicating live concert that will have you tapping your feet and clapping your hands.
This evening of entertainment and musical delight brings together a great mixture of country roots with jazz influences, dub, soul and hip hop. It's quite simply music that cannot be catalogued in a particular genre! So come and join us for an eclectic evening of intoxicating sounds played by true soul musicians, the acclaimed Buena Vista Social Club reunited for a magnificent one night performance.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
Enjoy the vibrancy of Havana, the heritage of Trinidad and the serene seaside beauty of Varadero
- Enjoy colonial grandeur in Trinidad and soak up the local time-warped atmosphere
- Bask on the glorious Varadero beach at a luxury, adults-only all-inclusive resort
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Parque Central
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Are you searching for a tranquil, yet charismatic retreat from everyday life? Then why not enjoy a twin centre beach...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.