Havana Overnight from Cayo Coco
Duration: 2 Days
This unique two-day excursion is an exciting way to see some of the island highlights during your holiday in Cuba. Discover the historical treasures, rich culture and vibrant nightlife of Havana, one of the most famous capitals in the world, before heading to the beautiful rural province of Pinar del Rio. The beauty, history and welcoming people of Cuba will undoubtedly inspire you.
The first part of your day will begin with and a guided tour of Havana, one of the most beautiful and architecturally diverse cities in the world. Founded by the Spanish in 1515, Havana is arguably the best-preserved colonial city in Latin America. Old Havana, the original part of Cuba’s vibrant capital, was listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982. This charming section of the city is steeped in history, boasting a rich architectural heritage that has been influenced by an interesting fusion of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures.
As you explore the old cobbled streets, marvel at the impressive colonial splendour and beautiful baroque and neoclassical architecture dating back to the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries. Follow in the footsteps of Ernest Hemingway, the famous American novelist who spent much of his time in Cuba.
Your experienced guide will reveal some of the city’s most famous landmarks, including historical squares such as Plaza de Armas, Havana’s oldest square, as well as stunning 18th century buildings such as the Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana) and the Captains Generals Palace, now home to the Museum of the City. The 16th-century Castillo de la Real Fuerza (Castle of the Royal Force) is also well worth seeing as it is believed to be the oldest remaining stone fortress in the Americas. This tour will give you a fascinating insight into the history and lives of the Cuban people.
As you move onwards through the modern part of the city, you will get a different perspective of Havana’s history, architecture and people. At the turn of the century, the developing city outside Old Havana’s fortified walls was influenced by the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movement, and in the 1940s and 1950s it became a haven for gamblers, gangsters and sun-seekers. These changes brought money, glitz and glamour to the city, attracting a vast number of famous movie stars, musicians and writers. The modern, high-rise buildings, classic American vintage cars and lavish Las Vegas-style nightlife are all reminders of Havana’s booming economy at the time.
As the sun goes down, Havana is just as lively today as it was then. After checking into your hotel, get ready to embark on a night to remember at the legendary Tropicana nightclub, famous for hosting the most elaborate cabaret show in Cuba since 1931. Enjoy an unforgettable evening of cocktails, music and dancing under the stars, accompanied by the unforgettable rhythm of Cuban drums. Watch the stage light up with a dazzling display of colourful costumes and performances from over 200 singers, dancers, musicians and vocalists. The Cubans certainly know how to put on a show!
The second day of the tour will take you west of Havana to the mountainous province of Pinar del Rio, famous for its lush valleys, vast tobacco plantations and treasured nature reserves. Your local guide will point out places of interest on the way, before reaching a traditional tobacco factory where you will learn all about Cuba’s thriving tobacco industry and the production of its world-famous cigars. Some of the best tobacco plants of the world are grown here. This diverse tour will also introduce you to the island’s lush, indigenous flora and dramatic landscapes, opening your eyes to the untouched beauty of this captivating Caribbean island.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Enjoy the vibrancy of Havana, the heritage of Trinidad and the serene seaside beauty of Varadero
- Enjoy colonial grandeur in Trinidad and soak up the local time-warped atmosphere
- Bask on the glorious Varadero beach at a luxury, adults-only all-inclusive resort
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Parque Central
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.