Havana Overnight from Cayo Coco
Duration: 2 Days
This unique two-day excursion is an exciting way to see some of the island highlights during your holiday in Cuba. Discover the historical treasures, rich culture and vibrant nightlife of Havana, one of the most famous capitals in the world, before heading to the beautiful rural province of Pinar del Rio. The beauty, history and welcoming people of Cuba will undoubtedly inspire you.
The first part of your day will begin with and a guided tour of Havana, one of the most beautiful and architecturally diverse cities in the world. Founded by the Spanish in 1515, Havana is arguably the best-preserved colonial city in Latin America. Old Havana, the original part of Cuba’s vibrant capital, was listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982. This charming section of the city is steeped in history, boasting a rich architectural heritage that has been influenced by an interesting fusion of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures.
As you explore the old cobbled streets, marvel at the impressive colonial splendour and beautiful baroque and neoclassical architecture dating back to the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries. Follow in the footsteps of Ernest Hemingway, the famous American novelist who spent much of his time in Cuba.
Your experienced guide will reveal some of the city’s most famous landmarks, including historical squares such as Plaza de Armas, Havana’s oldest square, as well as stunning 18th century buildings such as the Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana) and the Captains Generals Palace, now home to the Museum of the City. The 16th-century Castillo de la Real Fuerza (Castle of the Royal Force) is also well worth seeing as it is believed to be the oldest remaining stone fortress in the Americas. This tour will give you a fascinating insight into the history and lives of the Cuban people.
As you move onwards through the modern part of the city, you will get a different perspective of Havana’s history, architecture and people. At the turn of the century, the developing city outside Old Havana’s fortified walls was influenced by the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movement, and in the 1940s and 1950s it became a haven for gamblers, gangsters and sun-seekers. These changes brought money, glitz and glamour to the city, attracting a vast number of famous movie stars, musicians and writers. The modern, high-rise buildings, classic American vintage cars and lavish Las Vegas-style nightlife are all reminders of Havana’s booming economy at the time.
As the sun goes down, Havana is just as lively today as it was then. After checking into your hotel, get ready to embark on a night to remember at the legendary Tropicana nightclub, famous for hosting the most elaborate cabaret show in Cuba since 1931. Enjoy an unforgettable evening of cocktails, music and dancing under the stars, accompanied by the unforgettable rhythm of Cuban drums. Watch the stage light up with a dazzling display of colourful costumes and performances from over 200 singers, dancers, musicians and vocalists. The Cubans certainly know how to put on a show!
The second day of the tour will take you west of Havana to the mountainous province of Pinar del Rio, famous for its lush valleys, vast tobacco plantations and treasured nature reserves. Your local guide will point out places of interest on the way, before reaching a traditional tobacco factory where you will learn all about Cuba’s thriving tobacco industry and the production of its world-famous cigars. Some of the best tobacco plants of the world are grown here. This diverse tour will also introduce you to the island’s lush, indigenous flora and dramatic landscapes, opening your eyes to the untouched beauty of this captivating Caribbean island.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- The first 30 bookings for travel in September or October will also get free upgrades to Sea View rooms in both hotels
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Combine discovering the colonial architecture, history and rich culture of Havana with basking upon Caribbean beaches...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.