Havana Overnight from Cayo Coco
Duration: 2 Days
This unique two-day excursion is an exciting way to see some of the island highlights during your holiday in Cuba. Discover the historical treasures, rich culture and vibrant nightlife of Havana, one of the most famous capitals in the world, before heading to the beautiful rural province of Pinar del Rio. The beauty, history and welcoming people of Cuba will undoubtedly inspire you.
The first part of your day will begin with and a guided tour of Havana, one of the most beautiful and architecturally diverse cities in the world. Founded by the Spanish in 1515, Havana is arguably the best-preserved colonial city in Latin America. Old Havana, the original part of Cuba’s vibrant capital, was listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982. This charming section of the city is steeped in history, boasting a rich architectural heritage that has been influenced by an interesting fusion of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures.
As you explore the old cobbled streets, marvel at the impressive colonial splendour and beautiful baroque and neoclassical architecture dating back to the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries. Follow in the footsteps of Ernest Hemingway, the famous American novelist who spent much of his time in Cuba.
Your experienced guide will reveal some of the city’s most famous landmarks, including historical squares such as Plaza de Armas, Havana’s oldest square, as well as stunning 18th century buildings such as the Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana) and the Captains Generals Palace, now home to the Museum of the City. The 16th-century Castillo de la Real Fuerza (Castle of the Royal Force) is also well worth seeing as it is believed to be the oldest remaining stone fortress in the Americas. This tour will give you a fascinating insight into the history and lives of the Cuban people.
As you move onwards through the modern part of the city, you will get a different perspective of Havana’s history, architecture and people. At the turn of the century, the developing city outside Old Havana’s fortified walls was influenced by the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movement, and in the 1940s and 1950s it became a haven for gamblers, gangsters and sun-seekers. These changes brought money, glitz and glamour to the city, attracting a vast number of famous movie stars, musicians and writers. The modern, high-rise buildings, classic American vintage cars and lavish Las Vegas-style nightlife are all reminders of Havana’s booming economy at the time.
As the sun goes down, Havana is just as lively today as it was then. After checking into your hotel, get ready to embark on a night to remember at the legendary Tropicana nightclub, famous for hosting the most elaborate cabaret show in Cuba since 1931. Enjoy an unforgettable evening of cocktails, music and dancing under the stars, accompanied by the unforgettable rhythm of Cuban drums. Watch the stage light up with a dazzling display of colourful costumes and performances from over 200 singers, dancers, musicians and vocalists. The Cubans certainly know how to put on a show!
The second day of the tour will take you west of Havana to the mountainous province of Pinar del Rio, famous for its lush valleys, vast tobacco plantations and treasured nature reserves. Your local guide will point out places of interest on the way, before reaching a traditional tobacco factory where you will learn all about Cuba’s thriving tobacco industry and the production of its world-famous cigars. Some of the best tobacco plants of the world are grown here. This diverse tour will also introduce you to the island’s lush, indigenous flora and dramatic landscapes, opening your eyes to the untouched beauty of this captivating Caribbean island.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Before unwinding on a prestine beach, discover the history and culture of Havana durring summer 2017
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Non-motorized water sports, including wide range of options at your disposal: sailing, kayak, water bikes
- Great choice of restaurants and bars
- Benifit from the Diamond Club® experience
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
Spend this Christmas soaking up the real Cuban vibe in Havana and relax in Varadero at a 24hr All-Inc Adults-Only Resort
Relax and enjoy this modern adults only resort during Christmas
- Benefit from the rooftop pool or relax and spoil yourself at the beauty salon at Nh Capri Hotel in Havana
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities ranging from scuba diving lessons to dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Breezes Varadero
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
The Melia Habana Hotel is located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea. This building has a...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
If you are looking for a quiet city, sea fronted location, with the possibility of combining a relaxing holiday with...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...
Stay at the charming hotel Comodoro for the first few nights of your holiday and enjoy the atmosphere of a modern hotel...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.
Pop superstar Madonna celebrated her 58th birthday with a mini-break in Cuba last week. The singer stayed at the Hotel Saratoga in Havana with a group of friends and family and was photographed having dinner and cocktails at La Guarida restaurant. Taking to the streets of the city with her half-Cuban daughter Lourdes Leon, Madonna shared photos of her trip on Twitter.