Havana Overnight from Cayo Coco
Duration: 2 Days
This unique two-day excursion is an exciting way to see some of the island highlights during your holiday in Cuba. Discover the historical treasures, rich culture and vibrant nightlife of Havana, one of the most famous capitals in the world, before heading to the beautiful rural province of Pinar del Rio. The beauty, history and welcoming people of Cuba will undoubtedly inspire you.
The first part of your day will begin with and a guided tour of Havana, one of the most beautiful and architecturally diverse cities in the world. Founded by the Spanish in 1515, Havana is arguably the best-preserved colonial city in Latin America. Old Havana, the original part of Cuba’s vibrant capital, was listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982. This charming section of the city is steeped in history, boasting a rich architectural heritage that has been influenced by an interesting fusion of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures.
As you explore the old cobbled streets, marvel at the impressive colonial splendour and beautiful baroque and neoclassical architecture dating back to the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries. Follow in the footsteps of Ernest Hemingway, the famous American novelist who spent much of his time in Cuba.
Your experienced guide will reveal some of the city’s most famous landmarks, including historical squares such as Plaza de Armas, Havana’s oldest square, as well as stunning 18th century buildings such as the Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana) and the Captains Generals Palace, now home to the Museum of the City. The 16th-century Castillo de la Real Fuerza (Castle of the Royal Force) is also well worth seeing as it is believed to be the oldest remaining stone fortress in the Americas. This tour will give you a fascinating insight into the history and lives of the Cuban people.
As you move onwards through the modern part of the city, you will get a different perspective of Havana’s history, architecture and people. At the turn of the century, the developing city outside Old Havana’s fortified walls was influenced by the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movement, and in the 1940s and 1950s it became a haven for gamblers, gangsters and sun-seekers. These changes brought money, glitz and glamour to the city, attracting a vast number of famous movie stars, musicians and writers. The modern, high-rise buildings, classic American vintage cars and lavish Las Vegas-style nightlife are all reminders of Havana’s booming economy at the time.
As the sun goes down, Havana is just as lively today as it was then. After checking into your hotel, get ready to embark on a night to remember at the legendary Tropicana nightclub, famous for hosting the most elaborate cabaret show in Cuba since 1931. Enjoy an unforgettable evening of cocktails, music and dancing under the stars, accompanied by the unforgettable rhythm of Cuban drums. Watch the stage light up with a dazzling display of colourful costumes and performances from over 200 singers, dancers, musicians and vocalists. The Cubans certainly know how to put on a show!
The second day of the tour will take you west of Havana to the mountainous province of Pinar del Rio, famous for its lush valleys, vast tobacco plantations and treasured nature reserves. Your local guide will point out places of interest on the way, before reaching a traditional tobacco factory where you will learn all about Cuba’s thriving tobacco industry and the production of its world-famous cigars. Some of the best tobacco plants of the world are grown here. This diverse tour will also introduce you to the island’s lush, indigenous flora and dramatic landscapes, opening your eyes to the untouched beauty of this captivating Caribbean island.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Combine the vibrancy of charming Havana with a relaxing beach escape at a 24-hour All Inclusive resort in Varadero
- An excellent selection of restaurants and bars in Varadero including 3 a La Carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars
- Make the most of Havana with a private beach and the sea adjacent to the property and Old Havana nearby
- Never waste a minute in Varadero with everything from watersports to Spanish lessons to salsa and more
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Experience the beauty of colonial Havana from an elegant and quiet hotel, then relax on a fabulous beachfront resort set on Varadero's white sands
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience in Varadero with the sandy beaches, tranquil waters and endless activities offered at this 24 hour All Inclusive resort
- During your stay in Havana take our 2-day cultural tour from just £99 per person which includes City tour of Havana, a Tobacco Plantation, Cigar Factory, sail along the river and see the Haystack Hillock Mountains and much more
- Non-motorised water sports in Varadero included (catamaran, snorkelling, windsurfing)
Before unwinding on a prestine beach, discover the history and culture of Havana durring summer 2017
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Non-motorized water sports, including wide range of options at your disposal: sailing, kayak, water bikes
- Great choice of restaurants and bars
- Benifit from the Diamond Club® experience
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Spend this Christmas soaking up the real Cuban vibe in Havana and relax in Varadero at a 24hr All-Inc Adults-Only Resort
Relax and enjoy this modern adults only resort during Christmas
- Explore Cuba in a stylish 1950's American car with a complimentary vintage car tour, passing through the Miramar district, before seeing the amazing sites of Cuba such as the Revolution Square, University of Cuba and the iconic Hotel Nacional de Cuba!
- Celebrate with a Caribbean holiday of a lifetime and see in 2017 with the festive Gala dinners included in this offer!
- Benefit from the rooftop pool or relax and spoil yourself at the beauty salon at Nh Capri Hotel in Havana
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities ranging from scuba diving lessons to dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Breezes Varadero
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.