Coral Reef Snorkelling - Cuba Underwater Beauty
Duration: Half Day
Located 90 miles (145 km) south of Florida, the beautiful Caribbean island of Cuba is renowned for its glorious white sandy beaches and sparkling turquoise oceans, which offer some of the best snorkeling and diving opportunities in the world. Coral gardens, caves, tunnels, a rich biodiversity of marine life and warm, clear waters are just some of Cuba’s underwater highlights, attracting diving enthusiasts all year round.
Some of the best snorkeling sites can be found off the northern coast, around some of the most beautiful keys in the archipelago. If you are staying on the paradise islet of Cayo Coco during your holiday in Cuba, don’t miss this chance to explore the magical tropical world under the sea.
Cuba boasts one of the largest coral reefs in the world, which runs along the perimeter of the entire country. This fragile ecosystem hosts an incredible diversity of marine life and spectacular underwater flora, and the beauty and vibrant colours of this majestic natural aquarium will take your breath away. As part of a larger archipelago, situated between the Atlantic Ocean on the north and the Caribbean Sea to the south, the snorkeling in Cuba is almost unrivalled, and it can be enjoyed by everyone.
Snorkelling is very easy to learn, and extremely safe if you go with an experienced guide. Marvel at the natural treasures that thrive in these crystal clear warm waters as you explore a range of seascapes, including beautiful coral reefs and impressive sea terraces which are blanketed with brightly-coloured corals, sponges, sea fans and gorgonians.
The shallow waters surrounding Cayo Coco are rich in sea life and offer excellent visibility. Watch a dazzling array of tropical fish of all sizes, shapes and colours darting in and out of the reefs along the sea bed. Parrot fish, tiger fish, wrasses and angel fish are just some of the species you will be swimming with.
Other creatures you are likely to see on your journey include sea turtles, spiny lobsters, coral shrimp, squids, purple jellyfish, barracuda, rays, sea urchins and even the occasional shark. Don’t forget to take an underwater camera, so you can relive the memories once you get home, although this captivating day in paradise will be hard to forget.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Experience the beauty of colonial Havana from an elegant and quiet hotel, then relax on a fabulous beachfront resort set on Varadero's white sands
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience in Varadero with the sandy beaches, tranquil waters and endless activities offered at this 24 hour All Inclusive resort
- During your stay in Havana take our 2-day cultural tour from just £99 per person which includes City tour of Havana, a Tobacco Plantation, Cigar Factory, sail along the river and see the Haystack Hillock Mountains and much more
- Non-motorised water sports in Varadero included (catamaran, snorkelling, windsurfing)
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero.
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.