Coral Reef Snorkelling - Cuba Underwater Beauty
Duration: Half Day
Located 90 miles (145 km) south of Florida, the beautiful Caribbean island of Cuba is renowned for its glorious white sandy beaches and sparkling turquoise oceans, which offer some of the best snorkeling and diving opportunities in the world. Coral gardens, caves, tunnels, a rich biodiversity of marine life and warm, clear waters are just some of Cuba’s underwater highlights, attracting diving enthusiasts all year round.
Some of the best snorkeling sites can be found off the northern coast, around some of the most beautiful keys in the archipelago. If you are staying on the paradise islet of Cayo Coco during your holiday in Cuba, don’t miss this chance to explore the magical tropical world under the sea.
Cuba boasts one of the largest coral reefs in the world, which runs along the perimeter of the entire country. This fragile ecosystem hosts an incredible diversity of marine life and spectacular underwater flora, and the beauty and vibrant colours of this majestic natural aquarium will take your breath away. As part of a larger archipelago, situated between the Atlantic Ocean on the north and the Caribbean Sea to the south, the snorkeling in Cuba is almost unrivalled, and it can be enjoyed by everyone.
Snorkelling is very easy to learn, and extremely safe if you go with an experienced guide. Marvel at the natural treasures that thrive in these crystal clear warm waters as you explore a range of seascapes, including beautiful coral reefs and impressive sea terraces which are blanketed with brightly-coloured corals, sponges, sea fans and gorgonians.
The shallow waters surrounding Cayo Coco are rich in sea life and offer excellent visibility. Watch a dazzling array of tropical fish of all sizes, shapes and colours darting in and out of the reefs along the sea bed. Parrot fish, tiger fish, wrasses and angel fish are just some of the species you will be swimming with.
Other creatures you are likely to see on your journey include sea turtles, spiny lobsters, coral shrimp, squids, purple jellyfish, barracuda, rays, sea urchins and even the occasional shark. Don’t forget to take an underwater camera, so you can relive the memories once you get home, although this captivating day in paradise will be hard to forget.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Memories Miramar Hotel is located in the elegant area of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views. This spacious hotel...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.