Coral Reef Snorkelling - Cuba Underwater Beauty
Duration: Half Day
Located 90 miles (145 km) south of Florida, the beautiful Caribbean island of Cuba is renowned for its glorious white sandy beaches and sparkling turquoise oceans, which offer some of the best snorkeling and diving opportunities in the world. Coral gardens, caves, tunnels, a rich biodiversity of marine life and warm, clear waters are just some of Cuba’s underwater highlights, attracting diving enthusiasts all year round.
Some of the best snorkeling sites can be found off the northern coast, around some of the most beautiful keys in the archipelago. If you are staying on the paradise islet of Cayo Coco during your holiday in Cuba, don’t miss this chance to explore the magical tropical world under the sea.
Cuba boasts one of the largest coral reefs in the world, which runs along the perimeter of the entire country. This fragile ecosystem hosts an incredible diversity of marine life and spectacular underwater flora, and the beauty and vibrant colours of this majestic natural aquarium will take your breath away. As part of a larger archipelago, situated between the Atlantic Ocean on the north and the Caribbean Sea to the south, the snorkeling in Cuba is almost unrivalled, and it can be enjoyed by everyone.
Snorkelling is very easy to learn, and extremely safe if you go with an experienced guide. Marvel at the natural treasures that thrive in these crystal clear warm waters as you explore a range of seascapes, including beautiful coral reefs and impressive sea terraces which are blanketed with brightly-coloured corals, sponges, sea fans and gorgonians.
The shallow waters surrounding Cayo Coco are rich in sea life and offer excellent visibility. Watch a dazzling array of tropical fish of all sizes, shapes and colours darting in and out of the reefs along the sea bed. Parrot fish, tiger fish, wrasses and angel fish are just some of the species you will be swimming with.
Other creatures you are likely to see on your journey include sea turtles, spiny lobsters, coral shrimp, squids, purple jellyfish, barracuda, rays, sea urchins and even the occasional shark. Don’t forget to take an underwater camera, so you can relive the memories once you get home, although this captivating day in paradise will be hard to forget.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Explore two different sides of Cuba with excellent range of facilities and entertainments
- Explore downtown Havana and enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay in your legendary Havana Hotel
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling at Iberostar Tainos
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
If you are looking for a quiet city, sea fronted location, with the possibility of combining a relaxing holiday with...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.