Coral Reef Snorkelling - Cuba Underwater Beauty
Duration: Half Day
Located 90 miles (145 km) south of Florida, the beautiful Caribbean island of Cuba is renowned for its glorious white sandy beaches and sparkling turquoise oceans, which offer some of the best snorkeling and diving opportunities in the world. Coral gardens, caves, tunnels, a rich biodiversity of marine life and warm, clear waters are just some of Cuba’s underwater highlights, attracting diving enthusiasts all year round.
Some of the best snorkeling sites can be found off the northern coast, around some of the most beautiful keys in the archipelago. If you are staying on the paradise islet of Cayo Coco during your holiday in Cuba, don’t miss this chance to explore the magical tropical world under the sea.
Cuba boasts one of the largest coral reefs in the world, which runs along the perimeter of the entire country. This fragile ecosystem hosts an incredible diversity of marine life and spectacular underwater flora, and the beauty and vibrant colours of this majestic natural aquarium will take your breath away. As part of a larger archipelago, situated between the Atlantic Ocean on the north and the Caribbean Sea to the south, the snorkeling in Cuba is almost unrivalled, and it can be enjoyed by everyone.
Snorkelling is very easy to learn, and extremely safe if you go with an experienced guide. Marvel at the natural treasures that thrive in these crystal clear warm waters as you explore a range of seascapes, including beautiful coral reefs and impressive sea terraces which are blanketed with brightly-coloured corals, sponges, sea fans and gorgonians.
The shallow waters surrounding Cayo Coco are rich in sea life and offer excellent visibility. Watch a dazzling array of tropical fish of all sizes, shapes and colours darting in and out of the reefs along the sea bed. Parrot fish, tiger fish, wrasses and angel fish are just some of the species you will be swimming with.
Other creatures you are likely to see on your journey include sea turtles, spiny lobsters, coral shrimp, squids, purple jellyfish, barracuda, rays, sea urchins and even the occasional shark. Don’t forget to take an underwater camera, so you can relive the memories once you get home, although this captivating day in paradise will be hard to forget.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero.
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 4th May 2017
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Enjoy a bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival and an evening turndown service in Havana at the Melia Havana
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.