Coral Reef Snorkelling - Cuba Underwater Beauty
Duration: Half Day
Located 90 miles (145 km) south of Florida, the beautiful Caribbean island of Cuba is renowned for its glorious white sandy beaches and sparkling turquoise oceans, which offer some of the best snorkeling and diving opportunities in the world. Coral gardens, caves, tunnels, a rich biodiversity of marine life and warm, clear waters are just some of Cuba’s underwater highlights, attracting diving enthusiasts all year round.
Some of the best snorkeling sites can be found off the northern coast, around some of the most beautiful keys in the archipelago. If you are staying on the paradise islet of Cayo Coco during your holiday in Cuba, don’t miss this chance to explore the magical tropical world under the sea.
Cuba boasts one of the largest coral reefs in the world, which runs along the perimeter of the entire country. This fragile ecosystem hosts an incredible diversity of marine life and spectacular underwater flora, and the beauty and vibrant colours of this majestic natural aquarium will take your breath away. As part of a larger archipelago, situated between the Atlantic Ocean on the north and the Caribbean Sea to the south, the snorkeling in Cuba is almost unrivalled, and it can be enjoyed by everyone.
Snorkelling is very easy to learn, and extremely safe if you go with an experienced guide. Marvel at the natural treasures that thrive in these crystal clear warm waters as you explore a range of seascapes, including beautiful coral reefs and impressive sea terraces which are blanketed with brightly-coloured corals, sponges, sea fans and gorgonians.
The shallow waters surrounding Cayo Coco are rich in sea life and offer excellent visibility. Watch a dazzling array of tropical fish of all sizes, shapes and colours darting in and out of the reefs along the sea bed. Parrot fish, tiger fish, wrasses and angel fish are just some of the species you will be swimming with.
Other creatures you are likely to see on your journey include sea turtles, spiny lobsters, coral shrimp, squids, purple jellyfish, barracuda, rays, sea urchins and even the occasional shark. Don’t forget to take an underwater camera, so you can relive the memories once you get home, although this captivating day in paradise will be hard to forget.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
Surround yourself with the rich culture and history, glorious beach scenery and magnificent architecture of Cuba during your summer holiday
Combine a moving city escape to Havana with a Caribbean beach retreat to Varadero beach and explore Cuban charisma during summer 2017
- Take advantage of a complimentary shuttle service to the iconic capital of Havana
- Offers a range of luxurious, family-friendly amenities
- Situated on the stunning Varadero beach
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- The perfect 5* multi centre - mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury adults-only all-suite hotel Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Havana has to offer
Take your family to Old Havana and to enjoy everything that is unique about this extraordinary city, then head off to Varadero for a fun filled beach holiday
- Parque Central, is in a great location for exploration of the vast number of UNESCO heritage sites in Havana.
- Parque Central is rated #1 Havana hotel by Trip Advisor users.
- The Iberostar Laguna Azul in Varadero offer families some great facilities including a spacious room layout and amazing childrens club
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over half...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.