Trading with the Past - Ideal Tour For Couples
Duration: 5 Hours
On this day trip you will be taken to marvel at Varadero's most luxurious property, set in spacious grounds right by the beach.
You will be picked up from your hotel in a classical vintage car and taken for dinner at the opulent Xanadu mansion, an incredible piece of architecture built in 1926 by the French American multimillionaire Du Pont. For a romantic dining experience, there's no better setting than this magical place, inspired by the myth of Kubla Khan, the legendary Chinese warrior as described in the poem by English poet Samuel Taylor.
This grand 4 storey house was built to resemble the poem's exotic palace and was set in over 180 hectares of land, covering no less than 8km of pristine virgin beaches. The design and layout of the building was carefully and tastefully thought out; the marble was brought in from Italy and Spain whilst sand was imported from the Sahara desert. No minor detail was overlooked when selecting the components of this large residential palace.
To add to its exquisiteness, Latin America's most expensive and largest privately owned organ was also bought for this house and featured in the basement whilst two shafts carried the music to the mirador and the lobby.
This is a unique opportunity to take in the history of this peculiar and outstanding mansion, now nearly a century old but still retaining all of its ancient mystical charm and glory. All the hallmarks of the 1900's opulence are here, from cascading chandeliers to polished marbled floors, you can truly dance around it all.
This is the perfect day trip for tranquil sightseeing and a wonderful dining experience overlooking Varadero's beautiful turquoise beaches. And after dining you can enjoy the music at "Mambo Club" so that you can feel in character with the time period of the house as you enjoy the rhythms of a band playing music from the 50s. A great opportunity to join in the Cuban traditional dancing from a bygone era.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Enjoy the vibrancy of Havana, the heritage of Trinidad and the serene seaside beauty of Varadero
- Enjoy colonial grandeur in Trinidad and soak up the local time-warped atmosphere
- Bask on the glorious Varadero beach at a luxury, adults-only all-inclusive resort
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Parque Central
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Are you searching for a tranquil, yet charismatic retreat from everyday life? Then why not enjoy a twin centre beach...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.