Trading with the Past - Ideal Tour For Couples
Duration: 5 Hours
On this day trip you will be taken to marvel at Varadero's most luxurious property, set in spacious grounds right by the beach.
You will be picked up from your hotel in a classical vintage car and taken for dinner at the opulent Xanadu mansion, an incredible piece of architecture built in 1926 by the French American multimillionaire Du Pont. For a romantic dining experience, there's no better setting than this magical place, inspired by the myth of Kubla Khan, the legendary Chinese warrior as described in the poem by English poet Samuel Taylor.
This grand 4 storey house was built to resemble the poem's exotic palace and was set in over 180 hectares of land, covering no less than 8km of pristine virgin beaches. The design and layout of the building was carefully and tastefully thought out; the marble was brought in from Italy and Spain whilst sand was imported from the Sahara desert. No minor detail was overlooked when selecting the components of this large residential palace.
To add to its exquisiteness, Latin America's most expensive and largest privately owned organ was also bought for this house and featured in the basement whilst two shafts carried the music to the mirador and the lobby.
This is a unique opportunity to take in the history of this peculiar and outstanding mansion, now nearly a century old but still retaining all of its ancient mystical charm and glory. All the hallmarks of the 1900's opulence are here, from cascading chandeliers to polished marbled floors, you can truly dance around it all.
This is the perfect day trip for tranquil sightseeing and a wonderful dining experience overlooking Varadero's beautiful turquoise beaches. And after dining you can enjoy the music at "Mambo Club" so that you can feel in character with the time period of the house as you enjoy the rhythms of a band playing music from the 50s. A great opportunity to join in the Cuban traditional dancing from a bygone era.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Spend this Christmas soaking up the real Cuban vibe in Havana and relax in Varadero at a 24hr All-Inc Adults-Only Resort
Relax and enjoy this modern adults only resort during Christmas
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
- Explore Cuba in a stylish 1950's American car with a complimentary vintage car tour, passing through the Miramar district, before seeing the amazing sites of Cuba such as the Revolution Square, University of Cuba and the iconic Hotel Nacional de Cuba!
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities ranging from scuba diving lessons to dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Los Cactus
- Celebrate with a Caribbean holiday of a lifetime and see in 2017 with the festive Gala dinners included in this offer!
- Benefit from the rooftop pool or relax and spoil yourself at the beauty salon at Nh Capri Hotel in Havana
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.