Trading with the Past - Ideal Tour For Couples
Duration: 5 Hours
On this day trip you will be taken to marvel at Varadero's most luxurious property, set in spacious grounds right by the beach.
You will be picked up from your hotel in a classical vintage car and taken for dinner at the opulent Xanadu mansion, an incredible piece of architecture built in 1926 by the French American multimillionaire Du Pont. For a romantic dining experience, there's no better setting than this magical place, inspired by the myth of Kubla Khan, the legendary Chinese warrior as described in the poem by English poet Samuel Taylor.
This grand 4 storey house was built to resemble the poem's exotic palace and was set in over 180 hectares of land, covering no less than 8km of pristine virgin beaches. The design and layout of the building was carefully and tastefully thought out; the marble was brought in from Italy and Spain whilst sand was imported from the Sahara desert. No minor detail was overlooked when selecting the components of this large residential palace.
To add to its exquisiteness, Latin America's most expensive and largest privately owned organ was also bought for this house and featured in the basement whilst two shafts carried the music to the mirador and the lobby.
This is a unique opportunity to take in the history of this peculiar and outstanding mansion, now nearly a century old but still retaining all of its ancient mystical charm and glory. All the hallmarks of the 1900's opulence are here, from cascading chandeliers to polished marbled floors, you can truly dance around it all.
This is the perfect day trip for tranquil sightseeing and a wonderful dining experience overlooking Varadero's beautiful turquoise beaches. And after dining you can enjoy the music at "Mambo Club" so that you can feel in character with the time period of the house as you enjoy the rhythms of a band playing music from the 50s. A great opportunity to join in the Cuban traditional dancing from a bygone era.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Experience the beauty of colonial Havana from an elegant and quiet hotel, then relax on a fabulous beachfront resort set on Varadero's white sands
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience in Varadero with the sandy beaches, tranquil waters and endless activities offered at this 24 hour All Inclusive resort
- During your stay in Havana take our 2-day cultural tour from just £99 per person which includes City tour of Havana, a Tobacco Plantation, Cigar Factory, sail along the river and see the Haystack Hillock Mountains and much more
- Non-motorised water sports in Varadero included (catamaran, snorkelling, windsurfing)
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Enjoy a tranquil stay at this exclusive adults only resort surrounded by exotic forests and beautiful beaches
- Exclusive Singles offer – No single supplement for Summer 2017 - Limited Availability
- The award winning resort occupies one of the most stunning locations in the Holguin Province and is surrounded by exotic forests and several beautiful beaches
- This exclusive adults-only hotel offers seclusion and tranquillity suitable for a couples escape or a romantic honeymoon
- Paradisus Rio De Oro offers an excellent selection of restaurants and superb facilities, so guests can do as much or a little as they choose
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.