Trading with the Past - Ideal Tour For Couples
Duration: 5 Hours
On this day trip you will be taken to marvel at Varadero's most luxurious property, set in spacious grounds right by the beach.
You will be picked up from your hotel in a classical vintage car and taken for dinner at the opulent Xanadu mansion, an incredible piece of architecture built in 1926 by the French American multimillionaire Du Pont. For a romantic dining experience, there's no better setting than this magical place, inspired by the myth of Kubla Khan, the legendary Chinese warrior as described in the poem by English poet Samuel Taylor.
This grand 4 storey house was built to resemble the poem's exotic palace and was set in over 180 hectares of land, covering no less than 8km of pristine virgin beaches. The design and layout of the building was carefully and tastefully thought out; the marble was brought in from Italy and Spain whilst sand was imported from the Sahara desert. No minor detail was overlooked when selecting the components of this large residential palace.
To add to its exquisiteness, Latin America's most expensive and largest privately owned organ was also bought for this house and featured in the basement whilst two shafts carried the music to the mirador and the lobby.
This is a unique opportunity to take in the history of this peculiar and outstanding mansion, now nearly a century old but still retaining all of its ancient mystical charm and glory. All the hallmarks of the 1900's opulence are here, from cascading chandeliers to polished marbled floors, you can truly dance around it all.
This is the perfect day trip for tranquil sightseeing and a wonderful dining experience overlooking Varadero's beautiful turquoise beaches. And after dining you can enjoy the music at "Mambo Club" so that you can feel in character with the time period of the house as you enjoy the rhythms of a band playing music from the 50s. A great opportunity to join in the Cuban traditional dancing from a bygone era.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Before unwinding on a prestine beach, discover the history and culture of Havana durring summer 2017
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Non-motorized water sports, including wide range of options at your disposal: sailing, kayak, water bikes
- Great choice of restaurants and bars
- Benifit from the Diamond Club® experience
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
Spend this Christmas soaking up the real Cuban vibe in Havana and relax in Varadero at a 24hr All-Inc Adults-Only Resort
Relax and enjoy this modern adults only resort during Christmas
- Benefit from the rooftop pool or relax and spoil yourself at the beauty salon at Nh Capri Hotel in Havana
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities ranging from scuba diving lessons to dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Breezes Varadero
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
The Melia Habana Hotel is located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea. This building has a...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
If you are looking for a quiet city, sea fronted location, with the possibility of combining a relaxing holiday with...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...
Stay at the charming hotel Comodoro for the first few nights of your holiday and enjoy the atmosphere of a modern hotel...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.
Pop superstar Madonna celebrated her 58th birthday with a mini-break in Cuba last week. The singer stayed at the Hotel Saratoga in Havana with a group of friends and family and was photographed having dinner and cocktails at La Guarida restaurant. Taking to the streets of the city with her half-Cuban daughter Lourdes Leon, Madonna shared photos of her trip on Twitter.