Saetia Key Helicopter Tour
Duration: Half Day
Feel like a true explorer with this helicopter tour taking you all the way to one of Cuba's most treasured deserted keys! This is unique air adventure will have you hovering above the sparkling clear waters of the Caribbean coastline all the way towards new paradisiacal shores…enjoy the spectacular views that only a trip by helicopter can offer as you fly high above land and sea but close enough to admire the beauty below!
After 25 minutes of panoramic flying you will be reaching the bewitching key of Cayo Saetia, a nature wonderland home to the best of Cuba's flora and fauna. Here you will have time to explore the little island's many wonders. Once a private government game reserve this amazing land has now become an incredible natural park, home to many endemic species of animals, among which you will be able to spot ostriches, peacocks, antelopes, buffaloes, wild boars, zebras, wild bulls and the endangered endemic cane rat. Bird lovers will also be able to indulge in the relaxing activity of bird watching with dozens of bird varieties, especially birds of passage and the unique and emblematic tocororo, a Cuban national symbol as shown in the republic's Coat of Arms.
Spreading over 42 kilometres, Cayo Saetia is a heavy forested area with a unique mix of pristine virginal beaches, open plains and forest with a swamp in the northwest region.
This wondrous place has become a prestigious wildlife preserve also accounting with the most amazing 12 little beaches, among which El Penon, Almendra and Gaviota stand out as the most beautiful and captivating. These beaches are also ideal for incredible snorkelling with an abundance of sea life in the form of an assorted and colourful array of many different kinds of tropical fish. Swim at leisure and take time to admire the wild beauty surrounding you from whichever point you stand in this incredible island. Don't miss the opportunity of doing some snorkelling in these sparkling waters teeming with life and sea creatures dwelling on the nearby coral reef…a beautiful seabed to admire!
In the trip a 4x4 jeep ride will be included for scenic picture-taking of the surrounding wild areas. Moreover, there will be opportunities for wonderful horseback riding across the forests or along the beaches' beautiful coastline.
Fully immerge in this wonderful and fun-filled adventure that will bring you many exciting and thrilling encounters with nature! Cayo Saetia is a truly amazing little island that stands proudly for protecting its environment like no other key in Cuba! They take pride and joy in ensuring every little element and wildlife in the island is kept undisturbed so that many generations can find just as beautiful in the years to come.
So don't think it twice and go for our amazing helicopter tour to this dreamland natural preserve!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- The first 30 bookings for travel in September or October will also get free upgrades to Sea View rooms in both hotels
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Enjoy a holiday to Cuba and discover the historical city of Havana, as well as the stunning beach scenery of Varadero....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Combine discovering the colonial architecture, history and rich culture of Havana with basking upon Caribbean beaches...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.