Saetia Key Helicopter Tour
Duration: Half Day
Feel like a true explorer with this helicopter tour taking you all the way to one of Cuba's most treasured deserted keys! This is unique air adventure will have you hovering above the sparkling clear waters of the Caribbean coastline all the way towards new paradisiacal shores…enjoy the spectacular views that only a trip by helicopter can offer as you fly high above land and sea but close enough to admire the beauty below!
After 25 minutes of panoramic flying you will be reaching the bewitching key of Cayo Saetia, a nature wonderland home to the best of Cuba's flora and fauna. Here you will have time to explore the little island's many wonders. Once a private government game reserve this amazing land has now become an incredible natural park, home to many endemic species of animals, among which you will be able to spot ostriches, peacocks, antelopes, buffaloes, wild boars, zebras, wild bulls and the endangered endemic cane rat. Bird lovers will also be able to indulge in the relaxing activity of bird watching with dozens of bird varieties, especially birds of passage and the unique and emblematic tocororo, a Cuban national symbol as shown in the republic's Coat of Arms.
Spreading over 42 kilometres, Cayo Saetia is a heavy forested area with a unique mix of pristine virginal beaches, open plains and forest with a swamp in the northwest region.
This wondrous place has become a prestigious wildlife preserve also accounting with the most amazing 12 little beaches, among which El Penon, Almendra and Gaviota stand out as the most beautiful and captivating. These beaches are also ideal for incredible snorkelling with an abundance of sea life in the form of an assorted and colourful array of many different kinds of tropical fish. Swim at leisure and take time to admire the wild beauty surrounding you from whichever point you stand in this incredible island. Don't miss the opportunity of doing some snorkelling in these sparkling waters teeming with life and sea creatures dwelling on the nearby coral reef…a beautiful seabed to admire!
In the trip a 4x4 jeep ride will be included for scenic picture-taking of the surrounding wild areas. Moreover, there will be opportunities for wonderful horseback riding across the forests or along the beaches' beautiful coastline.
Fully immerge in this wonderful and fun-filled adventure that will bring you many exciting and thrilling encounters with nature! Cayo Saetia is a truly amazing little island that stands proudly for protecting its environment like no other key in Cuba! They take pride and joy in ensuring every little element and wildlife in the island is kept undisturbed so that many generations can find just as beautiful in the years to come.
So don't think it twice and go for our amazing helicopter tour to this dreamland natural preserve!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Oct
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.