Colonial Cuba, Trip to Trinidad
Duration: Half Day
The most outstandingly peculiar city in the whole of Cuba, Trinidad is a site that has been declared a World Heritage by UNESCO and in it you will find amazing remainings of a colonial town that has stood firmly against the test of time.
A day here in Trinidad will give holidaymakers a taste of the traditional Cuba back in the days when it still was a Spanish colony…it is one of the few and rare places in Cuba where practically everything has been well preserved and where its colonial allure and architecture has remained in some places virtually untouched.
Departing from Holguin in the morning you will take a 45 minutes flight towards Trinidad, where a day of charming little places and peculiar sights awaits your discovery. The tour will begin with a visit to the outstanding natural park "El Cubano", an attractive place for nature lovers filled with little wonders to amaze young and old. Standing tall at a height of 250 meters above sea level, this park will offer you the pretty walking trail of Cimarrones de Javira, which tells a story of slavery in the context of an old regional family. From here onwards you will enjoy a fabulous trekking experience, stopping at a farmer's house and later ending the journey at the incomparable Salto de Javira; an impressively beautiful waterfall with a beautiful natural pool in which you will enjoy a pleasant swimming experience.
After this unparalleled encounter with nature the tour will take you to visit the city of Trinidad's greatest attractions. The first stop will be at the Romantic Museum, holding the best 19th century collection of fine arts. The museum's 14 exhibition rooms masterfully recreate a Trinidadian colonial house from the years 1830 to 1860 with exquisite furniture and ornamental arts dating back to the 18th and 19th century. Take your time admiring the diversity of jewels, silverware, porcelain, painting, sculptures and other decorative objects that belonged to the Spanish nobility who once made this mansion their home.
Following on from here you will pay a visit to yet another outstanding museum: The Cantero Palace, one of the most famous colonial houses in the continent holding an amazing collection of archaeological remains of the early indigenous people that inhabited the island, as well as exhibiting many of Trinidad and Cuba's most important moments in history. See exhibitions showing the slave trade and boom of the sugar cane industry, learn about the independence wars between Cuba and Spain and discover many important historical moments with the aid of documents and testimonies of Trinidad's history in the form of works of art and archaeology. Some shopping time will follow at a popular and local handicraft market.
Lastly, your journey will be ending with a trip towards the breathtakingly beautiful Valley of the Sugar Mills; displaying the history of Cuba's sugar trade industry and slavery as you admire the unparalleled beauty of the surroundings. Climb the Manaca Iznaga Tower, which land owners used in order to keep watch over runaway slaves. Let the amazing sights take your breath away once atop this tower and enjoy the best views for scenic picture taking of this astounding valley.
Our Trinidad tour perfectly combines the town's most amazing features, an encounter with nature and history with a delicious lunch included at a popular local restaurant. As can be seen, you can certainly compare and we are sure you won't find a better and more complete way to see and explore the culture rich city of Trinidad than with our tour!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Stay at the delightful Comodoro Bungalows by the sea in Havana followed by the Starfish Varadero in picturesque Varadero.
- The perfect contrasting break - timeless Old Havana and ultimate relaxation in Varadero
- Stay by the sea in Havana and then at an idyllic beachfront location on a streach of virgin beach in Varadero
- All inclusive at starfish varadero features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
Surround yourself with the rich culture and history, glorious beach scenery and magnificent architecture of Cuba during your summer holiday
Combine a moving city escape to Havana with a Caribbean beach retreat to Varadero beach and explore Cuban charisma during summer 2017
- Take advantage of a complimentary shuttle service to the iconic capital of Havana
- Offers a range of luxurious, family-friendly amenities
- Situated on the stunning Varadero beach
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.