Colonial Cuba, Trip to Trinidad
Duration: Half Day
The most outstandingly peculiar city in the whole of Cuba, Trinidad is a site that has been declared a World Heritage by UNESCO and in it you will find amazing remainings of a colonial town that has stood firmly against the test of time.
A day here in Trinidad will give holidaymakers a taste of the traditional Cuba back in the days when it still was a Spanish colony…it is one of the few and rare places in Cuba where practically everything has been well preserved and where its colonial allure and architecture has remained in some places virtually untouched.
Departing from Holguin in the morning you will take a 45 minutes flight towards Trinidad, where a day of charming little places and peculiar sights awaits your discovery. The tour will begin with a visit to the outstanding natural park "El Cubano", an attractive place for nature lovers filled with little wonders to amaze young and old. Standing tall at a height of 250 meters above sea level, this park will offer you the pretty walking trail of Cimarrones de Javira, which tells a story of slavery in the context of an old regional family. From here onwards you will enjoy a fabulous trekking experience, stopping at a farmer's house and later ending the journey at the incomparable Salto de Javira; an impressively beautiful waterfall with a beautiful natural pool in which you will enjoy a pleasant swimming experience.
After this unparalleled encounter with nature the tour will take you to visit the city of Trinidad's greatest attractions. The first stop will be at the Romantic Museum, holding the best 19th century collection of fine arts. The museum's 14 exhibition rooms masterfully recreate a Trinidadian colonial house from the years 1830 to 1860 with exquisite furniture and ornamental arts dating back to the 18th and 19th century. Take your time admiring the diversity of jewels, silverware, porcelain, painting, sculptures and other decorative objects that belonged to the Spanish nobility who once made this mansion their home.
Following on from here you will pay a visit to yet another outstanding museum: The Cantero Palace, one of the most famous colonial houses in the continent holding an amazing collection of archaeological remains of the early indigenous people that inhabited the island, as well as exhibiting many of Trinidad and Cuba's most important moments in history. See exhibitions showing the slave trade and boom of the sugar cane industry, learn about the independence wars between Cuba and Spain and discover many important historical moments with the aid of documents and testimonies of Trinidad's history in the form of works of art and archaeology. Some shopping time will follow at a popular and local handicraft market.
Lastly, your journey will be ending with a trip towards the breathtakingly beautiful Valley of the Sugar Mills; displaying the history of Cuba's sugar trade industry and slavery as you admire the unparalleled beauty of the surroundings. Climb the Manaca Iznaga Tower, which land owners used in order to keep watch over runaway slaves. Let the amazing sights take your breath away once atop this tower and enjoy the best views for scenic picture taking of this astounding valley.
Our Trinidad tour perfectly combines the town's most amazing features, an encounter with nature and history with a delicious lunch included at a popular local restaurant. As can be seen, you can certainly compare and we are sure you won't find a better and more complete way to see and explore the culture rich city of Trinidad than with our tour!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Stay at the delightful Comodoro Bungalows by the sea in Havana followed by the Starfish Varadero in picturesque Varadero.
- The perfect contrasting break - timeless Old Havana and ultimate relaxation in Varadero
- Stay by the sea in Havana and then at an idyllic beachfront location on a streach of virgin beach in Varadero
- All inclusive at starfish varadero features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Feel the intoxicating Latin vibe in Havana and relax on the sun-kissed sands of Varadero beach.
- Memories Miramar Hotel operates a free of charge shuttle bus to the centre of Havana so guests can enjoy the best of the wonderful City's attractions
- Blau Varadero offers fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day and for the health conscious there are various wellness options
- Added extras for couples include a welcome cocktail, private check-in and complimentary massages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
Kick off your Cuba holiday with a stay at one of Havana's most elegant hotels where you will enjoy 3 quiet nights safely...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.