Colonial Cuba, Trip to Trinidad
Duration: Half Day
The most outstandingly peculiar city in the whole of Cuba, Trinidad is a site that has been declared a World Heritage by UNESCO and in it you will find amazing remainings of a colonial town that has stood firmly against the test of time.
A day here in Trinidad will give holidaymakers a taste of the traditional Cuba back in the days when it still was a Spanish colony…it is one of the few and rare places in Cuba where practically everything has been well preserved and where its colonial allure and architecture has remained in some places virtually untouched.
Departing from Holguin in the morning you will take a 45 minutes flight towards Trinidad, where a day of charming little places and peculiar sights awaits your discovery. The tour will begin with a visit to the outstanding natural park "El Cubano", an attractive place for nature lovers filled with little wonders to amaze young and old. Standing tall at a height of 250 meters above sea level, this park will offer you the pretty walking trail of Cimarrones de Javira, which tells a story of slavery in the context of an old regional family. From here onwards you will enjoy a fabulous trekking experience, stopping at a farmer's house and later ending the journey at the incomparable Salto de Javira; an impressively beautiful waterfall with a beautiful natural pool in which you will enjoy a pleasant swimming experience.
After this unparalleled encounter with nature the tour will take you to visit the city of Trinidad's greatest attractions. The first stop will be at the Romantic Museum, holding the best 19th century collection of fine arts. The museum's 14 exhibition rooms masterfully recreate a Trinidadian colonial house from the years 1830 to 1860 with exquisite furniture and ornamental arts dating back to the 18th and 19th century. Take your time admiring the diversity of jewels, silverware, porcelain, painting, sculptures and other decorative objects that belonged to the Spanish nobility who once made this mansion their home.
Following on from here you will pay a visit to yet another outstanding museum: The Cantero Palace, one of the most famous colonial houses in the continent holding an amazing collection of archaeological remains of the early indigenous people that inhabited the island, as well as exhibiting many of Trinidad and Cuba's most important moments in history. See exhibitions showing the slave trade and boom of the sugar cane industry, learn about the independence wars between Cuba and Spain and discover many important historical moments with the aid of documents and testimonies of Trinidad's history in the form of works of art and archaeology. Some shopping time will follow at a popular and local handicraft market.
Lastly, your journey will be ending with a trip towards the breathtakingly beautiful Valley of the Sugar Mills; displaying the history of Cuba's sugar trade industry and slavery as you admire the unparalleled beauty of the surroundings. Climb the Manaca Iznaga Tower, which land owners used in order to keep watch over runaway slaves. Let the amazing sights take your breath away once atop this tower and enjoy the best views for scenic picture taking of this astounding valley.
Our Trinidad tour perfectly combines the town's most amazing features, an encounter with nature and history with a delicious lunch included at a popular local restaurant. As can be seen, you can certainly compare and we are sure you won't find a better and more complete way to see and explore the culture rich city of Trinidad than with our tour!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Stay at the delightful Comodoro Bungalows by the sea in Havana followed by the Starfish Varadero in picturesque Varadero.
- The perfect contrasting break - timeless Old Havana and ultimate relaxation in Varadero
- Stay by the sea in Havana and then at an idyllic beachfront location on a streach of virgin beach in Varadero
- All inclusive at starfish varadero features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.