Colonial Cuba, Trip to Trinidad
Duration: Half Day
The most outstandingly peculiar city in the whole of Cuba, Trinidad is a site that has been declared a World Heritage by UNESCO and in it you will find amazing remainings of a colonial town that has stood firmly against the test of time.
A day here in Trinidad will give holidaymakers a taste of the traditional Cuba back in the days when it still was a Spanish colony…it is one of the few and rare places in Cuba where practically everything has been well preserved and where its colonial allure and architecture has remained in some places virtually untouched.
Departing from Holguin in the morning you will take a 45 minutes flight towards Trinidad, where a day of charming little places and peculiar sights awaits your discovery. The tour will begin with a visit to the outstanding natural park "El Cubano", an attractive place for nature lovers filled with little wonders to amaze young and old. Standing tall at a height of 250 meters above sea level, this park will offer you the pretty walking trail of Cimarrones de Javira, which tells a story of slavery in the context of an old regional family. From here onwards you will enjoy a fabulous trekking experience, stopping at a farmer's house and later ending the journey at the incomparable Salto de Javira; an impressively beautiful waterfall with a beautiful natural pool in which you will enjoy a pleasant swimming experience.
After this unparalleled encounter with nature the tour will take you to visit the city of Trinidad's greatest attractions. The first stop will be at the Romantic Museum, holding the best 19th century collection of fine arts. The museum's 14 exhibition rooms masterfully recreate a Trinidadian colonial house from the years 1830 to 1860 with exquisite furniture and ornamental arts dating back to the 18th and 19th century. Take your time admiring the diversity of jewels, silverware, porcelain, painting, sculptures and other decorative objects that belonged to the Spanish nobility who once made this mansion their home.
Following on from here you will pay a visit to yet another outstanding museum: The Cantero Palace, one of the most famous colonial houses in the continent holding an amazing collection of archaeological remains of the early indigenous people that inhabited the island, as well as exhibiting many of Trinidad and Cuba's most important moments in history. See exhibitions showing the slave trade and boom of the sugar cane industry, learn about the independence wars between Cuba and Spain and discover many important historical moments with the aid of documents and testimonies of Trinidad's history in the form of works of art and archaeology. Some shopping time will follow at a popular and local handicraft market.
Lastly, your journey will be ending with a trip towards the breathtakingly beautiful Valley of the Sugar Mills; displaying the history of Cuba's sugar trade industry and slavery as you admire the unparalleled beauty of the surroundings. Climb the Manaca Iznaga Tower, which land owners used in order to keep watch over runaway slaves. Let the amazing sights take your breath away once atop this tower and enjoy the best views for scenic picture taking of this astounding valley.
Our Trinidad tour perfectly combines the town's most amazing features, an encounter with nature and history with a delicious lunch included at a popular local restaurant. As can be seen, you can certainly compare and we are sure you won't find a better and more complete way to see and explore the culture rich city of Trinidad than with our tour!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Are you searching for a tranquil, yet charismatic retreat from everyday life? Then why not enjoy a twin centre beach...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.