Deep Sea Fishing
Duration: 4 Hours
If you are staying in the beautiful beach resort of Guardalavaca on the north coast during your holiday in Cuba, there are plenty of exciting marine activities to embark on. One of the most popular tours for visitors is fishing and the island is renowned for being a world-class deep sea fishing destination. Whether you are an expert fisherman or a novice looking to experience this exciting sport for the first time, you can be sure of both a relaxing and exhilarating adventure at sea.
Located at the entrance of the Gulf of Mexico, between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, Cuba boasts over 3,000 miles of glorious coastline as well as idyllic offshore keys, calm, crystal clear azure waters, beautiful coral reefs and an abundance of marine life. Combined with a year-round, hot sub-tropical climate, it is no wonder that Cuba is such a popular Caribbean destination for sailing, diving and fishing enthusiasts. This four-hour tour will take you sailing on a fully-equipped boat out onto the sparkling turquoise waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
Some of the best deep sea fishing sites can be found off Cuba’s northern coast. Guardalavaca is located in the Holguin's province, which hosts around 50 beaches covering approximately 25 miles (40 km) of coastline. Sit back and enjoy an exhilarating boat ride as you gain spectacular views of the Caribbean scenery from a different perspective. Your friendly and professional captain and crew will give you plenty of useful fishing information and instructions on the way, whilst providing lots of fun and excitement throughout the trip.
Fishing in Cuba is a wonderfully relaxing activity and an integral part of the local people’s lives. It even inspired the famous American novelist Ernest Hemingway to write his classic novel The Old Man and the Sea. Hemingway was a keen hunter and fisherman as well as a writer, and he was awarded several prizes for his game fishing.
The seas surrounding Cuba are teeming with different fish species of all shapes and sizes. The warm waters here form part of the fast moving Gulf Stream, which flows between Florida Keys and Cuba. This large feeding ground hosts a large variety of game fish. If you’re lucky, you could end up reeling in snapper, barracuda, wahoo, marling, bonito, tuna, swordfish, sailfish and many other species, depending on the time of year you visit. What you catch on the day also depends on your skills and patience!
All fishing equipment such as rods, lines, tackle and bait will be provided on the tour, and an open bar with unlimited drinks, snacks and refreshments will also be available on board. Follow in Hemmingway’s footsteps and enjoy the tranquility and adventure of the open sea in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
From the excitement of Havana to the tranquil beauty of Guardalavaca, experience top of the range accommodation, service and nature at its best
- Non-motorized water sports, including wide range of options at your disposal: sailing, kayak, water bikes
- Great choice of restaurants and bars
- Exclusive Singles offer at Paradisus Rio De Oro – No single supplement for Summer 2017 - Limited Availability
- Royal Service option with excellent added values available
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.