Deep Sea Fishing
Duration: 4 Hours
If you are staying in the beautiful beach resort of Guardalavaca on the north coast during your holiday in Cuba, there are plenty of exciting marine activities to embark on. One of the most popular tours for visitors is fishing and the island is renowned for being a world-class deep sea fishing destination. Whether you are an expert fisherman or a novice looking to experience this exciting sport for the first time, you can be sure of both a relaxing and exhilarating adventure at sea.
Located at the entrance of the Gulf of Mexico, between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, Cuba boasts over 3,000 miles of glorious coastline as well as idyllic offshore keys, calm, crystal clear azure waters, beautiful coral reefs and an abundance of marine life. Combined with a year-round, hot sub-tropical climate, it is no wonder that Cuba is such a popular Caribbean destination for sailing, diving and fishing enthusiasts. This four-hour tour will take you sailing on a fully-equipped boat out onto the sparkling turquoise waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
Some of the best deep sea fishing sites can be found off Cuba’s northern coast. Guardalavaca is located in the Holguin's province, which hosts around 50 beaches covering approximately 25 miles (40 km) of coastline. Sit back and enjoy an exhilarating boat ride as you gain spectacular views of the Caribbean scenery from a different perspective. Your friendly and professional captain and crew will give you plenty of useful fishing information and instructions on the way, whilst providing lots of fun and excitement throughout the trip.
Fishing in Cuba is a wonderfully relaxing activity and an integral part of the local people’s lives. It even inspired the famous American novelist Ernest Hemingway to write his classic novel The Old Man and the Sea. Hemingway was a keen hunter and fisherman as well as a writer, and he was awarded several prizes for his game fishing.
The seas surrounding Cuba are teeming with different fish species of all shapes and sizes. The warm waters here form part of the fast moving Gulf Stream, which flows between Florida Keys and Cuba. This large feeding ground hosts a large variety of game fish. If you’re lucky, you could end up reeling in snapper, barracuda, wahoo, marling, bonito, tuna, swordfish, sailfish and many other species, depending on the time of year you visit. What you catch on the day also depends on your skills and patience!
All fishing equipment such as rods, lines, tackle and bait will be provided on the tour, and an open bar with unlimited drinks, snacks and refreshments will also be available on board. Follow in Hemmingway’s footsteps and enjoy the tranquility and adventure of the open sea in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Memories Miramar Hotel is located in the elegant area of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views. This spacious hotel...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.