Deep Sea Fishing
Duration: 4 Hours
If you are staying in the beautiful beach resort of Guardalavaca on the north coast during your holiday in Cuba, there are plenty of exciting marine activities to embark on. One of the most popular tours for visitors is fishing and the island is renowned for being a world-class deep sea fishing destination. Whether you are an expert fisherman or a novice looking to experience this exciting sport for the first time, you can be sure of both a relaxing and exhilarating adventure at sea.
Located at the entrance of the Gulf of Mexico, between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, Cuba boasts over 3,000 miles of glorious coastline as well as idyllic offshore keys, calm, crystal clear azure waters, beautiful coral reefs and an abundance of marine life. Combined with a year-round, hot sub-tropical climate, it is no wonder that Cuba is such a popular Caribbean destination for sailing, diving and fishing enthusiasts. This four-hour tour will take you sailing on a fully-equipped boat out onto the sparkling turquoise waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
Some of the best deep sea fishing sites can be found off Cuba’s northern coast. Guardalavaca is located in the Holguin's province, which hosts around 50 beaches covering approximately 25 miles (40 km) of coastline. Sit back and enjoy an exhilarating boat ride as you gain spectacular views of the Caribbean scenery from a different perspective. Your friendly and professional captain and crew will give you plenty of useful fishing information and instructions on the way, whilst providing lots of fun and excitement throughout the trip.
Fishing in Cuba is a wonderfully relaxing activity and an integral part of the local people’s lives. It even inspired the famous American novelist Ernest Hemingway to write his classic novel The Old Man and the Sea. Hemingway was a keen hunter and fisherman as well as a writer, and he was awarded several prizes for his game fishing.
The seas surrounding Cuba are teeming with different fish species of all shapes and sizes. The warm waters here form part of the fast moving Gulf Stream, which flows between Florida Keys and Cuba. This large feeding ground hosts a large variety of game fish. If you’re lucky, you could end up reeling in snapper, barracuda, wahoo, marling, bonito, tuna, swordfish, sailfish and many other species, depending on the time of year you visit. What you catch on the day also depends on your skills and patience!
All fishing equipment such as rods, lines, tackle and bait will be provided on the tour, and an open bar with unlimited drinks, snacks and refreshments will also be available on board. Follow in Hemmingway’s footsteps and enjoy the tranquility and adventure of the open sea in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th June 2017
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th June 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.