Duration: Full Day
A tour to please all those curious about the city in which they're spending their time during their Cuba holidays and a tour for those seeking more than adventure…in short, this is a tour for those who want to get to know the real Cuba inside out with its most iconic places of great historic value and how they have stood the test of time in the present days.
You'll start by going aboard an old Baldwin steam train from the 1900s that will make its way through sugar cane fields following an ancient railway path. Go on this ride across sugar farmlands in true old fashioned style while seating in one of the train's typical last century passenger cars.
From here onwards, the tour will continue by coach towards a local cigar factory in Holguin City. Once inside you'll be given a fully guided tour throughout the factory so that you can see all the processes of making the best cigars in the world! Watch a veteran that has worked here for 40 years roll out the most expensive cigars…each one he makes is worth a whopping $300! Don't miss the chance to see a true master creating his unique masterpieces! See the tireless flow of work of these happy workers that like roll to the rhythm of music while they drink and even smoke. At the end of the tour you'll have the chance to make your own purchase of freshly made cigar that's just come out of the factory!
For lunch you will be taken to the unique Mayabe Farm, so that you can sample a delicious Creole dish in the most beautiful natural surroundings. This outstanding restaurant is situated in a unique location on the Mayabe Lookout point, positioned atop a magnificent hill overlooking the Mayabe Valley and from which you will enjoy the most breathtaking views.
Your journey will continue via bus taking you towards the province's city centre to show you Holguin's most colourful highlights. Begin with a stroll through the iconic Central Park "Calixto García", named after a liberation army patriot and surrounding which you will find Holguin's most visited places and hotspots. Around the park's symbolic monument you will find plenty of attractions in the form of museums, shops, a theatre, the famous Begonia bar and many other sites of cultural interest. Before the tour ends you can indulge in some shopping at Holguin's best stores, all located in this bustling area of the city's most important urban layout.
As part of this wonderful excursion and to give the day a spectacular finish you will also be taken to Loma de La Cruz (Hill of the Cross) a hill that stands out and can be seen from whichever point you're standing in the city. This is probably the city's most famous and representative sight. A towering 458 steps will take you to the top of this abandoned watchtower where you will find an enormous wooden cross and a spectacular view of the whole city!
Discover the many beauties of the enchanting city of Holguin in a full day tour unlike any other!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
Experience the beauty of colonial Havana from an elegant and quiet hotel, then relax on a fabulous beachfront resort set on Varadero's white sands
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience in Varadero with the sandy beaches, tranquil waters and endless activities offered at this 24 hour All Inclusive resort
- During your stay in Havana take our 2-day cultural tour from just £99 per person which includes City tour of Havana, a Tobacco Plantation, Cigar Factory, sail along the river and see the Haystack Hillock Mountains and much more
- Non-motorised water sports in Varadero included (catamaran, snorkelling, windsurfing)
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.