Duration: Full Day
A tour to please all those curious about the city in which they're spending their time during their Cuba holidays and a tour for those seeking more than adventure…in short, this is a tour for those who want to get to know the real Cuba inside out with its most iconic places of great historic value and how they have stood the test of time in the present days.
You'll start by going aboard an old Baldwin steam train from the 1900s that will make its way through sugar cane fields following an ancient railway path. Go on this ride across sugar farmlands in true old fashioned style while seating in one of the train's typical last century passenger cars.
From here onwards, the tour will continue by coach towards a local cigar factory in Holguin City. Once inside you'll be given a fully guided tour throughout the factory so that you can see all the processes of making the best cigars in the world! Watch a veteran that has worked here for 40 years roll out the most expensive cigars…each one he makes is worth a whopping $300! Don't miss the chance to see a true master creating his unique masterpieces! See the tireless flow of work of these happy workers that like roll to the rhythm of music while they drink and even smoke. At the end of the tour you'll have the chance to make your own purchase of freshly made cigar that's just come out of the factory!
For lunch you will be taken to the unique Mayabe Farm, so that you can sample a delicious Creole dish in the most beautiful natural surroundings. This outstanding restaurant is situated in a unique location on the Mayabe Lookout point, positioned atop a magnificent hill overlooking the Mayabe Valley and from which you will enjoy the most breathtaking views.
Your journey will continue via bus taking you towards the province's city centre to show you Holguin's most colourful highlights. Begin with a stroll through the iconic Central Park "Calixto García", named after a liberation army patriot and surrounding which you will find Holguin's most visited places and hotspots. Around the park's symbolic monument you will find plenty of attractions in the form of museums, shops, a theatre, the famous Begonia bar and many other sites of cultural interest. Before the tour ends you can indulge in some shopping at Holguin's best stores, all located in this bustling area of the city's most important urban layout.
As part of this wonderful excursion and to give the day a spectacular finish you will also be taken to Loma de La Cruz (Hill of the Cross) a hill that stands out and can be seen from whichever point you're standing in the city. This is probably the city's most famous and representative sight. A towering 458 steps will take you to the top of this abandoned watchtower where you will find an enormous wooden cross and a spectacular view of the whole city!
Discover the many beauties of the enchanting city of Holguin in a full day tour unlike any other!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Stay at the delightful Comodoro Bungalows by the sea in Havana followed by the Starfish Varadero in picturesque Varadero.
- The perfect contrasting break - timeless Old Havana and ultimate relaxation in Varadero
- Stay by the sea in Havana and then at an idyllic beachfront location on a streach of virgin beach in Varadero
- All inclusive at starfish varadero features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
Surround yourself with the rich culture and history, glorious beach scenery and magnificent architecture of Cuba during your summer holiday
Combine a moving city escape to Havana with a Caribbean beach retreat to Varadero beach and explore Cuban charisma during summer 2017
- Take advantage of a complimentary shuttle service to the iconic capital of Havana
- Offers a range of luxurious, family-friendly amenities
- Situated on the stunning Varadero beach
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.