Duration: Full Day
For a spectacular day of sailing where you'll be discovering new paradisiacal shores go on this fabulous tour that promises a fun and relaxing day out while on your holiday in Cuba. Experience the thrill of sailing towards a mysterious deserted island of turquoise waters and eternal sunshine with this one-of-a-kind excursion specially made for all those adventurers and explorers out there!
After an hour journey by coach you reach the Marina and sail until you disembark in the island. Here you can conquer the small island of Cayo Saetia, a small tropical wonderland of no less than 12 little beaches and unique heavy forestation that makes up for more than 65% of the island's total area. Of these 12 little turquoise gems, you'll recognise El Penon, Almendra and Gaviota as the most beautiful and breathtaking. Each one of these beaches of unparalleled beauty and endless horizons is made up of fine white sands, crystal clear waters and unique brown rock formations (exclusive to this place) that are found scattered around the shoreline. And this goes without saying that the beauty of its shores and the astounding amount of sea life and living coral reefs found in its seabed also make this an incredible place for amazing diving and snorkelling.
After landing on this little key of treasures and discovery you can hire a jeep to take you around the island in true safari style. Located on Nipe Bay, the largest bay in the whole of Cuba, this tiny island truly is an enticing paradise for visitors thanks to its untouched beaches and richly exotic flora and fauna.
Cayo Saetia, unlike most others Cuban keys has the peculiarity of preserving some rare animal species that have made this the biggest hunting grounds in the country.
Kept by the government as a Natural Reserve, Cayo Saetia is cared for and maintained to preserve its status as a wilderness area, where man's footsteps have hardly trodden. It is this privileged status that has kept the area's original flora and fauna protected up to the present date.
To your amazement and delight you will find in this little island more than you could have possible imagined…from wild boars and buffaloes, to ostriches, peacocks, antelopes, zebras and the endangered cane rats. Other wild species include wild bulls and dozens of species of tropical birds, including the nation's representative… the rare and colourful tocororo.
For this day of discovery and amazement in Cuba's largest nature reserve go on this exciting tour that promises to bring you a day full of surprises. Spend the day at your leisure; indulge in some sun worshipping by the seaside, go swimming or snorkelling and maybe even enjoy a barefoot stroll through the island.
Join us on this Island Paradise Excursion to Cayo Saetia and get ready for a day of pure excitement and adventure!
Horseback riding and jeep safari in the island are optional ($10 pesos extra)
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay at the delightful Comodoro Bungalows by the sea in Havana followed by the Starfish Varadero in picturesque Varadero.
- The perfect contrasting break - timeless Old Havana and ultimate relaxation in Varadero
- Stay by the sea in Havana and then at an idyllic beachfront location on a streach of virgin beach in Varadero
- All inclusive at starfish varadero features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.