Scuba Diving Tour
Duration: Half Day
Packages available for certified divers and beginners
Holguin has some truly idyllic sites for amazing scuba diving and on this tour you'll be taken to one of the best places for what could be the most incredible aquatic experience of your life!
Known as Cuba's best marine location for living coral reefs teeming with a wide variety of tropical fish and undisturbed sea life; alongside Guardalavaca's beach area there are a number of exclusive sites that are ideal for diving. It is at the Eagle Ray Diving centre where you will be taken to select your diving destination from a wide range of locations.
For this scuba tour you will be able to pick from an array of no less than 14 different diving sites, of which we've selected the best as the following:
- Casa Coral – with a depth 0f 10 metres this is a coral barrier with blooming fauna mainly made up of small coral fish, a wide diversity of coral species and large gorgonians. Sea fans are the main feature of this incredible site that despite being the least deep and the closest to the surface still manages to surprise divers with the beauty and diversity of the treasures it stores within
- Canto Bonito – the diving site area here is a wall that drops 15 metres down and is teeming with lovely fauna consisting mainly of lobster, octopus, crab and myriads of coral fish, the site itself is located 35 metres under surface level and surprises visitors time and time again with the charming beauty of its small living gems
- La Corona – with a semi-circular formation resembling the shape of a crown (hence its name that translated into English means "The Crown") the fantastic seabed found here is made up of big gorgonians and corals with a wide variety of sponges and an extensive range of medium to large tropical fish of all colours and shapes
- La Cadena – named The Chain in its translation to English, this diving site is in fact a chain with massive links that span the entrance of the Bahamas Channel from East to West. A variety of numerous kinds of different invertebrates have found their habitat here and you will be able to greet them all whilst swimming by their side at a depth of 40 metres
- Pesquero – with a depth of 40 metres under sea level, this place has a living coral bottom with many sponges, gorgonians and all kinds of tropical fish of all sizes and shapes. The site's main attraction however are the numerous colonies of highly valued black coral, an amazing world inviting you take your time and truly admire its beauties at leisure
Beginners may have an introduction through the “Discover” which is a couple of hours of theory and a real dive in the beach. Those with higher expectations may qualify and get an official diving certificate worldwide validated.
As you can see, the Eagle Ray Diving Centre located on the western tip of the beach offers the most fascinating diving sites in the whole of Cuba and gives you the unique chance of doing scuba diving in the old Bahamas Channel. Don't miss the opportunity to take this aquatic excursion and choose from the various underwater sites available, ranging from depths of 5 to 40 metres with some beautiful formations in the form of coral barriers, cosy dales, tall crags, vertical walls and dramatic cliffs, some of which have gaps opening into the abyss…a unique marine wonder to treat all your senses!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.