Scuba Diving Tour
Duration: Half Day
Packages available for certified divers and beginners
Holguin has some truly idyllic sites for amazing scuba diving and on this tour you'll be taken to one of the best places for what could be the most incredible aquatic experience of your life!
Known as Cuba's best marine location for living coral reefs teeming with a wide variety of tropical fish and undisturbed sea life; alongside Guardalavaca's beach area there are a number of exclusive sites that are ideal for diving. It is at the Eagle Ray Diving centre where you will be taken to select your diving destination from a wide range of locations.
For this scuba tour you will be able to pick from an array of no less than 14 different diving sites, of which we've selected the best as the following:
- Casa Coral – with a depth 0f 10 metres this is a coral barrier with blooming fauna mainly made up of small coral fish, a wide diversity of coral species and large gorgonians. Sea fans are the main feature of this incredible site that despite being the least deep and the closest to the surface still manages to surprise divers with the beauty and diversity of the treasures it stores within
- Canto Bonito – the diving site area here is a wall that drops 15 metres down and is teeming with lovely fauna consisting mainly of lobster, octopus, crab and myriads of coral fish, the site itself is located 35 metres under surface level and surprises visitors time and time again with the charming beauty of its small living gems
- La Corona – with a semi-circular formation resembling the shape of a crown (hence its name that translated into English means "The Crown") the fantastic seabed found here is made up of big gorgonians and corals with a wide variety of sponges and an extensive range of medium to large tropical fish of all colours and shapes
- La Cadena – named The Chain in its translation to English, this diving site is in fact a chain with massive links that span the entrance of the Bahamas Channel from East to West. A variety of numerous kinds of different invertebrates have found their habitat here and you will be able to greet them all whilst swimming by their side at a depth of 40 metres
- Pesquero – with a depth of 40 metres under sea level, this place has a living coral bottom with many sponges, gorgonians and all kinds of tropical fish of all sizes and shapes. The site's main attraction however are the numerous colonies of highly valued black coral, an amazing world inviting you take your time and truly admire its beauties at leisure
Beginners may have an introduction through the “Discover” which is a couple of hours of theory and a real dive in the beach. Those with higher expectations may qualify and get an official diving certificate worldwide validated.
As you can see, the Eagle Ray Diving Centre located on the western tip of the beach offers the most fascinating diving sites in the whole of Cuba and gives you the unique chance of doing scuba diving in the old Bahamas Channel. Don't miss the opportunity to take this aquatic excursion and choose from the various underwater sites available, ranging from depths of 5 to 40 metres with some beautiful formations in the form of coral barriers, cosy dales, tall crags, vertical walls and dramatic cliffs, some of which have gaps opening into the abyss…a unique marine wonder to treat all your senses!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Explore two different sides of Cuba with excellent range of facilities and entertainments
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities including dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Los Cactus
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
Stay at the delightful Comodoro Bungalows by the sea in Havana followed by the Starfish Varadero in picturesque Varadero.
- The perfect contrasting break - timeless Old Havana and ultimate relaxation in Varadero
- Stay by the sea in Havana and then at an idyllic beachfront location on a streach of virgin beach in Varadero
- All inclusive at starfish varadero features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.