Scuba Diving Tour
Duration: Half Day
Packages available for certified divers and beginners
Holguin has some truly idyllic sites for amazing scuba diving and on this tour you'll be taken to one of the best places for what could be the most incredible aquatic experience of your life!
Known as Cuba's best marine location for living coral reefs teeming with a wide variety of tropical fish and undisturbed sea life; alongside Guardalavaca's beach area there are a number of exclusive sites that are ideal for diving. It is at the Eagle Ray Diving centre where you will be taken to select your diving destination from a wide range of locations.
For this scuba tour you will be able to pick from an array of no less than 14 different diving sites, of which we've selected the best as the following:
- Casa Coral – with a depth 0f 10 metres this is a coral barrier with blooming fauna mainly made up of small coral fish, a wide diversity of coral species and large gorgonians. Sea fans are the main feature of this incredible site that despite being the least deep and the closest to the surface still manages to surprise divers with the beauty and diversity of the treasures it stores within
- Canto Bonito – the diving site area here is a wall that drops 15 metres down and is teeming with lovely fauna consisting mainly of lobster, octopus, crab and myriads of coral fish, the site itself is located 35 metres under surface level and surprises visitors time and time again with the charming beauty of its small living gems
- La Corona – with a semi-circular formation resembling the shape of a crown (hence its name that translated into English means "The Crown") the fantastic seabed found here is made up of big gorgonians and corals with a wide variety of sponges and an extensive range of medium to large tropical fish of all colours and shapes
- La Cadena – named The Chain in its translation to English, this diving site is in fact a chain with massive links that span the entrance of the Bahamas Channel from East to West. A variety of numerous kinds of different invertebrates have found their habitat here and you will be able to greet them all whilst swimming by their side at a depth of 40 metres
- Pesquero – with a depth of 40 metres under sea level, this place has a living coral bottom with many sponges, gorgonians and all kinds of tropical fish of all sizes and shapes. The site's main attraction however are the numerous colonies of highly valued black coral, an amazing world inviting you take your time and truly admire its beauties at leisure
Beginners may have an introduction through the “Discover” which is a couple of hours of theory and a real dive in the beach. Those with higher expectations may qualify and get an official diving certificate worldwide validated.
As you can see, the Eagle Ray Diving Centre located on the western tip of the beach offers the most fascinating diving sites in the whole of Cuba and gives you the unique chance of doing scuba diving in the old Bahamas Channel. Don't miss the opportunity to take this aquatic excursion and choose from the various underwater sites available, ranging from depths of 5 to 40 metres with some beautiful formations in the form of coral barriers, cosy dales, tall crags, vertical walls and dramatic cliffs, some of which have gaps opening into the abyss…a unique marine wonder to treat all your senses!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
Surround yourself with the rich culture and history, glorious beach scenery and magnificent architecture of Cuba during your summer holiday
Combine a moving city escape to Havana with a Caribbean beach retreat to Varadero beach and explore Cuban charisma during summer 2017
- Take advantage of a complimentary shuttle service to the iconic capital of Havana
- Offers a range of luxurious, family-friendly amenities
- Situated on the stunning Varadero beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.