Scuba Diving Tour
Duration: Half Day
Packages available for certified divers and beginners
Holguin has some truly idyllic sites for amazing scuba diving and on this tour you'll be taken to one of the best places for what could be the most incredible aquatic experience of your life!
Known as Cuba's best marine location for living coral reefs teeming with a wide variety of tropical fish and undisturbed sea life; alongside Guardalavaca's beach area there are a number of exclusive sites that are ideal for diving. It is at the Eagle Ray Diving centre where you will be taken to select your diving destination from a wide range of locations.
For this scuba tour you will be able to pick from an array of no less than 14 different diving sites, of which we've selected the best as the following:
- Casa Coral – with a depth 0f 10 metres this is a coral barrier with blooming fauna mainly made up of small coral fish, a wide diversity of coral species and large gorgonians. Sea fans are the main feature of this incredible site that despite being the least deep and the closest to the surface still manages to surprise divers with the beauty and diversity of the treasures it stores within
- Canto Bonito – the diving site area here is a wall that drops 15 metres down and is teeming with lovely fauna consisting mainly of lobster, octopus, crab and myriads of coral fish, the site itself is located 35 metres under surface level and surprises visitors time and time again with the charming beauty of its small living gems
- La Corona – with a semi-circular formation resembling the shape of a crown (hence its name that translated into English means "The Crown") the fantastic seabed found here is made up of big gorgonians and corals with a wide variety of sponges and an extensive range of medium to large tropical fish of all colours and shapes
- La Cadena – named The Chain in its translation to English, this diving site is in fact a chain with massive links that span the entrance of the Bahamas Channel from East to West. A variety of numerous kinds of different invertebrates have found their habitat here and you will be able to greet them all whilst swimming by their side at a depth of 40 metres
- Pesquero – with a depth of 40 metres under sea level, this place has a living coral bottom with many sponges, gorgonians and all kinds of tropical fish of all sizes and shapes. The site's main attraction however are the numerous colonies of highly valued black coral, an amazing world inviting you take your time and truly admire its beauties at leisure
Beginners may have an introduction through the “Discover” which is a couple of hours of theory and a real dive in the beach. Those with higher expectations may qualify and get an official diving certificate worldwide validated.
As you can see, the Eagle Ray Diving Centre located on the western tip of the beach offers the most fascinating diving sites in the whole of Cuba and gives you the unique chance of doing scuba diving in the old Bahamas Channel. Don't miss the opportunity to take this aquatic excursion and choose from the various underwater sites available, ranging from depths of 5 to 40 metres with some beautiful formations in the form of coral barriers, cosy dales, tall crags, vertical walls and dramatic cliffs, some of which have gaps opening into the abyss…a unique marine wonder to treat all your senses!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
Take your family to Old Havana and to enjoy everything that is unique about this extraordinary city, then head off to Varadero for a fun filled beach holiday
- Parque Central, is in a great location for exploration of the vast number of UNESCO heritage sites in Havana.
- Parque Central is rated #1 Havana hotel by Trip Advisor users.
- The Iberostar Laguna Azul in Varadero offer families some great facilities including a spacious room layout and amazing childrens club
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over half...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
If you are looking for a quiet city, sea fronted location, with the possibility of combining a relaxing holiday with...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
It’s an end of an era for one cruise line which made history in Cuba. Fathom was the first cruise line to offer regular sailings between the U.S and Cuba following relaxed travel restrictions, but the cruise line made its final call on the Caribbean island last week after owners Carnival Corporation decided not to renew the licence. The move comes just as the U.S-Cuba travel industry awaits its fate, after it was announced that U.S President Trump would reveal new changes.
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.