Scuba Diving Tour
Duration: Half Day
Packages available for certified divers and beginners
Holguin has some truly idyllic sites for amazing scuba diving and on this tour you'll be taken to one of the best places for what could be the most incredible aquatic experience of your life!
Known as Cuba's best marine location for living coral reefs teeming with a wide variety of tropical fish and undisturbed sea life; alongside Guardalavaca's beach area there are a number of exclusive sites that are ideal for diving. It is at the Eagle Ray Diving centre where you will be taken to select your diving destination from a wide range of locations.
For this scuba tour you will be able to pick from an array of no less than 14 different diving sites, of which we've selected the best as the following:
- Casa Coral – with a depth 0f 10 metres this is a coral barrier with blooming fauna mainly made up of small coral fish, a wide diversity of coral species and large gorgonians. Sea fans are the main feature of this incredible site that despite being the least deep and the closest to the surface still manages to surprise divers with the beauty and diversity of the treasures it stores within
- Canto Bonito – the diving site area here is a wall that drops 15 metres down and is teeming with lovely fauna consisting mainly of lobster, octopus, crab and myriads of coral fish, the site itself is located 35 metres under surface level and surprises visitors time and time again with the charming beauty of its small living gems
- La Corona – with a semi-circular formation resembling the shape of a crown (hence its name that translated into English means "The Crown") the fantastic seabed found here is made up of big gorgonians and corals with a wide variety of sponges and an extensive range of medium to large tropical fish of all colours and shapes
- La Cadena – named The Chain in its translation to English, this diving site is in fact a chain with massive links that span the entrance of the Bahamas Channel from East to West. A variety of numerous kinds of different invertebrates have found their habitat here and you will be able to greet them all whilst swimming by their side at a depth of 40 metres
- Pesquero – with a depth of 40 metres under sea level, this place has a living coral bottom with many sponges, gorgonians and all kinds of tropical fish of all sizes and shapes. The site's main attraction however are the numerous colonies of highly valued black coral, an amazing world inviting you take your time and truly admire its beauties at leisure
Beginners may have an introduction through the “Discover” which is a couple of hours of theory and a real dive in the beach. Those with higher expectations may qualify and get an official diving certificate worldwide validated.
As you can see, the Eagle Ray Diving Centre located on the western tip of the beach offers the most fascinating diving sites in the whole of Cuba and gives you the unique chance of doing scuba diving in the old Bahamas Channel. Don't miss the opportunity to take this aquatic excursion and choose from the various underwater sites available, ranging from depths of 5 to 40 metres with some beautiful formations in the form of coral barriers, cosy dales, tall crags, vertical walls and dramatic cliffs, some of which have gaps opening into the abyss…a unique marine wonder to treat all your senses!
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Enjoy a luxurious Cuban twin centre holiday in Vibrant Havana and Relaxing Varadero with a fascinating City tour included
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
Spend this Christmas soaking up the real Cuban vibe in Havana and relax in Varadero at a 24hr All-Inc Adults-Only Resort
Relax and enjoy this modern adults only resort during Christmas
- Benefit from the rooftop pool or relax and spoil yourself at the beauty salon at Nh Capri Hotel in Havana
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities ranging from scuba diving lessons to dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Breezes Varadero
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
The Melia Habana Hotel is located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea. This building has a...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
If you are looking for a quiet city, sea fronted location, with the possibility of combining a relaxing holiday with...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...
Stay at the charming hotel Comodoro for the first few nights of your holiday and enjoy the atmosphere of a modern hotel...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.
Pop superstar Madonna celebrated her 58th birthday with a mini-break in Cuba last week. The singer stayed at the Hotel Saratoga in Havana with a group of friends and family and was photographed having dinner and cocktails at La Guarida restaurant. Taking to the streets of the city with her half-Cuban daughter Lourdes Leon, Madonna shared photos of her trip on Twitter.