A small town located in the parish of Saint James, Holetown lies sheltered on the island's west coast boasting a beautiful white sand beach ideal for scuba diving and water skiing.
Holetown was the historical site where the English made a permanent landingfor the first time in Barbados back in 1625. The name Holetown comes from the stream, The Hole, which provided settlers with a safe landing place and until 1629 this was the island's only town. It celebrates the founding of the first five plantations in Barbados: the first major forticiation, the first place of Justice and the first Governor's House. Great for historical sightseeing during a Barbados holiday, travellers can visit the island's oldest church at the St. James Parish Church which was here erected in 1628.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT