Sub and See Combo Tour - Barbados Natural Beauty
Duration: Half Day
Discovering the natural beauty both above and below the Caribbean Sea is a must during your holiday in Barbados, and there are many different ways to do so. This unique tour will introduce you to the treasures of the ocean on a real submarine before you board a bus and venture across the island to visit pristine beaches, historic churches, rural villages and old plantation ruins, enjoying spectacular scenery on the way.
Diving and snorkeling may be the most obvious choices when it comes to exploring Barbados’ majestic undersea world, but if you are looking for something a bit different, the award-winning Atlantis submarine tour comes highly recommended by locals and tourists. This unforgettable undersea voyage will take you down to depths of 150 feet in air conditioned comfort to observe spectacular seascapes, vibrant coral reefs and a stunning array of tropical marine life. Peer through the large port holes and you will see hundreds of brightly-coloured exotic fish swimming past you, as well as sea turtles, rays, octopus and many more exciting sea creatures. The whole family will be captivated and you don’t even have to get wet!
Back on dry land you will jump on board a bus and travel from Spring Garden Highway, past beautiful white sandy beaches on the Platinum coast (west coast), the luxurious Sandy Lane Estate and several historic churches before reaching Speightstown in the northern parish of St Peter. This quaint old town has a long and colourful history dating back to the early 17th century when it became the first major seaport and commercial centre of Barbados.
We then travel inland towards the ruins of Farley Hill National Park, which was once regarded as one of the grandest plantation houses in the Caribbean. Dating back to 1818, this regal Georgian mansion boasted many beautiful rooms, but the structure was sadly destroyed by fire in 1965. The imposing ruins are nestled in a forest of mahogany trees, high up on a hill overlooking the rugged Atlantic coast. Surrounded by gardens, lawns and towering palms, this idyllic spot is a popular place for picnics, weddings and music festivals.
Enjoy the spectacular views before we continue onwards to St George, one of only two land-locked parishes on the island. Although there are no beaches, you can still enjoy wonderful views of both the south and west coasts. This picturesque parish is made up of lush valleys and sugar cane fields, which slope gently down towards the sea, and it has a quaint country feel with its modest chattel houses, rum shops and tranquil suburban villages. There are also several historic sights to see here, including Gun Hill Signal Station and Drax Hall, the oldest remaining Jacobean property in the Western Hemisphere.
This is a great opportunity to get off the beaten track and see Barbados’ rural natural beauty before we return to Bridgetown Port.
Barbados Holidays Browse all
The charm of Barbados with the Serenity of Grenada with this twin-centre package to Bougainvillea Barbados and Coyaba Beach Resort
- Upgrade your meal plans at both options for extra value
- Great Value package at Two highly rated properties
- Staying at Bougainvillea Barbados you are minutes from the popular St Lawrence Gap and Oistins
- At Coyaba Beach Resort you are footsteps from Grenada's signature Grande Anse Beach
Experience the best of the infamously beautiful beaches of the Caribbean with your stay in Barbados and Grenada
Enjoy your time in the Caribbean with a stay at two incredible Radisson resorts – sure to please even the most discerning of travellers
- Radisson Grenada Beach Resort is home to the island’s only free form swimming pool, complete with waterfalls
- Guests are able to dine in true style at the Radisson Aquatica Resort with themed dinner nights and beautiful beach backdrops
- Discover the best of Caribbean cultures during these holidays with central locations and a complimentary shuttle bus to Bridgetown at the Radisson Aquatica Resort
Escape to the sunny shore of the Caribbean with a holiday in gorgeous Grenada and beautiful Barbados
Enjoy the boutique charm of True Blue Bay Boutique, Grenada, before heading to the Rostrevor Hotel
- Rostrevor is a great hotel with a prime beachfront location in St. Lawrence Gap, bustling with things for you to do on your holidays
- Make the most of free beach transfers and free activities during your stay at True Blue Bay
- Enjoy free Wi-Fi at both the Rostrevor Hotel and True Blue Bay
Combine Pineapple Beach Club, Antigua and The Club Barbados to truly experience the best of the Caribbean
- The Club Barbados Resort and Spa offers an abundance of activites, a friendly social atmosphere and an excellent base for Barbados
- Pineapple beach offers stunning Beachfront views on 30 acres
- Combined Laid Back, Adults Only, All Inclusive Resorts with plenty of activites to do and nearby attractions to enjoy
Experience the charm of two Islands with a stay in Barbados and Antigua
Relax and unwind at the wonderful Hodges Bay Resort by Elegant Hotels in Antigua and Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels in Barbados
- Swim through a waterfall during your stay at Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels and reward yourself with a refreshing drink at The Cave bar after your swim
- Make the most of an extensive range of facilities at Hodges Bay by Elegant Hotels, including a deluxe spa, water sports, 3 pools, tropical gardens, and much more
- Discover a number of Caribbean charms including Barbados' famous west coast and Antigua's calm waters and coral reefs
Like many other Antigua hotels, the Rex Halcyon Cove Hotel is situated right on a stunning stretch of pristine beach, so...
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Informal and fun, Pineapple Beach Club is an Adults Only All Inclusive relaxing holiday destination. This hotel...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
You can enjoy all the aspects of the charming island of Barbados, at the elegant Worthing Court located near all the...
Come and soak up the sun with two great value hotels that offer something for families and couples. Starting with...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Set in 37 acres of landscaped tropical gardens, the Hawksbill by Rex Resorts is a special little Caribbean hideaway that...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Barbados
Barbados NewsBrowse all Barbados News
As a Barbadian, born and raised, it’s not the first time Rihanna speaks candidly about her native Caribbean island. This time, the chart-topping singer has spoken to Conde Nast Traveller to reveal her favourite places in Barbados, from her hometown to the best seafood, the liveliest nightlife, top bars and the biggest street party of the year.
Now in its second year, the celebration of Dive Fest Barbados 2018 seeks to raise awareness about the protection of the Caribbean island's reefs. The upcoming event to be celebrated next month wants to sing the praises of Barbados' excellent diving sites whilst at the same time highlighting the challenges it faces in order to preserve a healthy fish and coral population.
The Elegant Hotels Group has announced the opening of Treasure Beach, following a $10.5 million renovation project. The luxury hotel is located on the west coast of Barbados and offers an adults-only experience with 35 one-bedroom suites, and facilities including a swimming pool and Tapestry, the onsite restaurant. The property is the seventh hotel to join the company’s collection.