Duration: Half Day
An exhilarating way to see the island. The thrill of a helicopter ride and an island tour in one!
Barbados is a beautiful and fascinating island of stark contrasts. Located in the tropics between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, the landscape on the East coast is strikingly different to that of the West coast, and both sides are definitely worth exploring. This Bajan helicopter tour is an exhilarating way to see the beauty of the island from the air, giving you a bird’s-eye perspective of the unique island geography.
Barbados is the most easterly of all the islands in the Caribbean. Unlike some of its neighbouring islands, such as St Lucia and St Vincent, Barbados is non-volcanic. The land is therefore predominantly made up of limestone coral, formed by the subduction of the South American plate colliding with the Caribbean plate. Because Barbados was previously two land masses, which have merged together over the years, the result is an island that is geologically unique, offering wonderfully diverse landscapes that range from lowlands and sloping plains and pastures to rolling hills, beautiful wooded gullies, tropical forest, mountainous ravines and pristine white sandy beaches. Primarily flat, the land slopes towards the centre of the island, where it rises gently to a central highland region − the highest point being Mount Hillaby in St Thomas, rising 1,100 feet above sea level.
Get your camera ready as highly trained, experienced pilots point out areas of interest as you fly over the lush Barbados countryside, over sugar cane fields, luxurious private residences, sugar mills, tropical rainforest, botanical gardens, miles of white sandy beaches and the Atlantic and Caribbean coasts, which are both strikingly different.
Let the beauty of the island unfold itself as you watch in awe from the sky, flying over the rugged, dramatic and less developed East Coast with its rocky shores, cliffs, unusual rock formations, rough seas and constant strong winds. Fly across the pounding white surf, viewing spectacular blow holes and sea caves on the way. In contrast, the West coast is equally beautiful with its clear, calm turquoise waters, powdery white-sand beaches, vibrant coral reefs and an abundance of tropical marine life, which are prefect for scuba diving and snorkeling.
This exhilarating, action-packed trip will show you sights that other tours cannot offer. Scout the island and take this opportunity to pick out the best spots to visit by car or boat during your holiday in Barbados.
Barbados Holidays Browse all
This hand picked twin centre perfectly combines two deluxe hotels in two amazing locaitons for an unmissable holiday
- Grenadian by Rex Resorts has a unique location on 2 broad sandy beaches. one relaxing beach and the other a watersports paradise
- The friendly Worthing Court has a wonderful location beautifully nestled on Barbados' pristine south coast
- Barbados and Grenada are two of the most amazing islands in Caribbean and you will be spending your time split between the destinations for a truly great holiday
The charm of Barbados with the Serenity of Grenada with this twin-centre package to Bougainvillea Barbados and Coyaba Beach Resort
- Upgrade your meal plans at both options for extra value
- Great Value package at Two highly rated properties
- Staying at Bougainvillea Barbados you are minutes from the popular St Lawrence Gap and Oistins
- At Coyaba Beach Resort you are footsteps from Grenada's signature Grande Anse Beach
Experience the best of the infamously beautiful beaches of the Caribbean with your stay in Barbados and Grenada
Enjoy your time in the Caribbean with a stay at two incredible Radisson resorts – sure to please even the most discerning of travellers
- Radisson Grenada Beach Resort is home to the island’s only free form swimming pool, complete with waterfalls
- Guests are able to dine in true style at the Radisson Aquatica Resort with themed dinner nights and beautiful beach backdrops
- Discover the best of Caribbean cultures during these holidays with central locations and a complimentary shuttle bus to Bridgetown at the Radisson Aquatica Resort
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two hotels, Island Inn Hotel and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Island Inn is located in the South Coast of Barbados near to many entertainment, restaurants, bars and Pebble Beach
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Enjoy All Inclusive perks at both hotels in Barbados and St Lucia
Escape to the sunny shore of the Caribbean with a holiday in gorgeous Grenada and beautiful Barbados
Enjoy the boutique charm of True Blue Bay Boutique, Grenada, before heading to the Rostrevor Hotel
- Rostrevor is a great hotel with a prime beachfront location in St. Lawrence Gap, bustling with things for you to do on your holidays
- Make the most of free beach transfers and free activities during your stay at True Blue Bay
- Enjoy free Wi-Fi at both the Rostrevor Hotel and True Blue Bay
Combine Pineapple Beach Club, Antigua and The Club Barbados to truly experience the best of the Caribbean
- The Club Barbados Resort and Spa offers an abundance of activites, a friendly social atmosphere and an excellent base for Barbados
- Pineapple beach offers stunning Beachfront views on 30 acres
- Combined Laid Back, Adults Only, All Inclusive Resorts with plenty of activites to do and nearby attractions to enjoy
Like many other Antigua hotels, the Rex Halcyon Cove Hotel is situated right on a stunning stretch of pristine beach, so...
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Informal and fun, Pineapple Beach Club is an Adults Only All Inclusive relaxing holiday destination. This hotel...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
You can enjoy all the aspects of the charming island of Barbados, at the elegant Worthing Court located near all the...
Come and soak up the sun with two great value hotels that offer something for families and couples. Starting with...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Set in 37 acres of landscaped tropical gardens, the Hawksbill by Rex Resorts is a special little Caribbean hideaway that...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Barbados
Barbados NewsBrowse all Barbados News
As a Barbadian, born and raised, it’s not the first time Rihanna speaks candidly about her native Caribbean island. This time, the chart-topping singer has spoken to Conde Nast Traveller to reveal her favourite places in Barbados, from her hometown to the best seafood, the liveliest nightlife, top bars and the biggest street party of the year.
Now in its second year, the celebration of Dive Fest Barbados 2018 seeks to raise awareness about the protection of the Caribbean island's reefs. The upcoming event to be celebrated next month wants to sing the praises of Barbados' excellent diving sites whilst at the same time highlighting the challenges it faces in order to preserve a healthy fish and coral population.
The Elegant Hotels Group has announced the opening of Treasure Beach, following a $10.5 million renovation project. The luxury hotel is located on the west coast of Barbados and offers an adults-only experience with 35 one-bedroom suites, and facilities including a swimming pool and Tapestry, the onsite restaurant. The property is the seventh hotel to join the company’s collection.