Rated 4.9 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Cuba Holidays in Guardalavaca and Havana
To all at 'The Holiday Place'
Firstly I would like to thank you for a 'Welcome Home' just as my holiday blues are setting in!! hehe! Wow! what a holiday! I don't know where to start!!
We booked our holiday in January and we where quiet apprehensive as we had never heard of your company and we normally book flights, transfers and accommodation ourselvess but seen as the price was good and the gentleman 'Mark' we booked with was so professional our minds where at ease (you hear so many horror stories about agents etc) Mark was 1st class, we then booked with him for a further four passengers to join us a week later, two of which where parents and family friends, Tickets, Visas and itinerary came as quoted so off we went...
On arrival the airport in Holgiun the rep diverted us to transfer bus, smooth transfer into resort, check-in fine, escorted to our Villa and luggage brought for us, off to the 24hour bar at midnight and the holiday started! The following day we over slept our welcome meeting, Yordy (Geordie) went out of her way to locate us and give us all the 'do's/dont's and information we needed and what a wonderful person she is!!! Our stay in Club Amigo was pure bliss and very enjoyable. On day 5 I became ill, I had been bitten by mosquito's badly and had a allergic reaction to the bites, the nurse on site directed me to the doctor of which I undertook various injections, received pills and creams, again the service of the medical staff was 1st class. Day 7 I wasn't much better and our other four party members where due to arrive, Yordy called my room to ask how I was feeling and told me our four following party (parents) where due to land in 3 hours 55, but due to weather they may be diverted to Havana (oh no!) luckily the managed to land in holgiun, again another personal great service from Yordy. Day 8 I became VERY ill, the allergy to the mosquito's had spiralled out of control and after a LOT of rum I needed a doctor to my room, My face swelled (even though Id been bitten on ankles and legs) my tongue swelled and I was finding it hard to talk, doctor came, gave me injection and told me again to visit doctor in morning, more injections and steroids and a few hours sleep and I was up and about, all this time Yordy checked up on me.. What a brilliant rep. So illness over in a day and the RUM continued :-)
Resort VERY clean, Pools VERY clean, Food excellent and a brilliant service from 'The Holiday Place' Great 10nights!!! Cant fault it apart from one arrogant receptionist whom made us pay for towels, when ours had been taken.. 10/10
Day 10 flight holigun - Havana, smooth transfer (commodore)
Checked in smooth, service to our bungalow perfect, The bungalow itself wasn't as clean and perfect as the Villa in Guardalavca, showers where shabby and the room was full of mosquito's (which by this time I was haunted by them) The maid in Guardalavca sprayed our rooms but in this resort they just shrugged and said 'they in every room' granted mosquito's are going to be there but the rooms where full of them, The pools where dirty and numerous guests where complaining about the pools never the less the service in the restaurants and the food in them was again 1st class, we didn't grumble and put it down to Havana being Havana!
Day 12 Flight delay 5 hours, rep was super she advised us all and nothing was really too much of a problem - only 5 more hours in resort soaking up the sun with a free meal and drink, who's to grumble at that?? Day13 FLIGHT CANCELLED! oh no! now fly home the following day with Virgin (oh well another day in the sun, after a panic about home arrangements and connecting flights for parents) albeit another day on holiday more RUM and free dinner and late check out (brilliant service from 'the holiday place' again by keeping us in resort instead of other holiday company's keeping you stuck in a hot airport, lying round for a day! Thank You!!!!
There was a few problems in airport we a few passengers not being on the passenger list (one of which me) Holiday Place airport rep a bit stressed but soon had it sorted with Cubana and Virgin, flight home great with virgin!
I want to thank everyone at 'The Holiday Place' from booking to arrival back home they made our holiday the best!! Already some friends have booked with you and we WILL certainly be booking again with yourselves. Having worked myself in aviation and airports I have never experience such a friendly professional company whom customer service is first class!
A massive thank you to everyone!!
Janet Brunton and Gavin Mccain
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero.
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT