Rated 4.9 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Cuba Holidays in Guardalavaca and Havana
To all at 'The Holiday Place'
Firstly I would like to thank you for a 'Welcome Home' just as my holiday blues are setting in!! hehe! Wow! what a holiday! I don't know where to start!!
We booked our holiday in January and we where quiet apprehensive as we had never heard of your company and we normally book flights, transfers and accommodation ourselvess but seen as the price was good and the gentleman 'Mark' we booked with was so professional our minds where at ease (you hear so many horror stories about agents etc) Mark was 1st class, we then booked with him for a further four passengers to join us a week later, two of which where parents and family friends, Tickets, Visas and itinerary came as quoted so off we went...
On arrival the airport in Holgiun the rep diverted us to transfer bus, smooth transfer into resort, check-in fine, escorted to our Villa and luggage brought for us, off to the 24hour bar at midnight and the holiday started! The following day we over slept our welcome meeting, Yordy (Geordie) went out of her way to locate us and give us all the 'do's/dont's and information we needed and what a wonderful person she is!!! Our stay in Club Amigo was pure bliss and very enjoyable. On day 5 I became ill, I had been bitten by mosquito's badly and had a allergic reaction to the bites, the nurse on site directed me to the doctor of which I undertook various injections, received pills and creams, again the service of the medical staff was 1st class. Day 7 I wasn't much better and our other four party members where due to arrive, Yordy called my room to ask how I was feeling and told me our four following party (parents) where due to land in 3 hours 55, but due to weather they may be diverted to Havana (oh no!) luckily the managed to land in holgiun, again another personal great service from Yordy. Day 8 I became VERY ill, the allergy to the mosquito's had spiralled out of control and after a LOT of rum I needed a doctor to my room, My face swelled (even though Id been bitten on ankles and legs) my tongue swelled and I was finding it hard to talk, doctor came, gave me injection and told me again to visit doctor in morning, more injections and steroids and a few hours sleep and I was up and about, all this time Yordy checked up on me.. What a brilliant rep. So illness over in a day and the RUM continued :-)
Resort VERY clean, Pools VERY clean, Food excellent and a brilliant service from 'The Holiday Place' Great 10nights!!! Cant fault it apart from one arrogant receptionist whom made us pay for towels, when ours had been taken.. 10/10
Day 10 flight holigun - Havana, smooth transfer (commodore)
Checked in smooth, service to our bungalow perfect, The bungalow itself wasn't as clean and perfect as the Villa in Guardalavca, showers where shabby and the room was full of mosquito's (which by this time I was haunted by them) The maid in Guardalavca sprayed our rooms but in this resort they just shrugged and said 'they in every room' granted mosquito's are going to be there but the rooms where full of them, The pools where dirty and numerous guests where complaining about the pools never the less the service in the restaurants and the food in them was again 1st class, we didn't grumble and put it down to Havana being Havana!
Day 12 Flight delay 5 hours, rep was super she advised us all and nothing was really too much of a problem - only 5 more hours in resort soaking up the sun with a free meal and drink, who's to grumble at that?? Day13 FLIGHT CANCELLED! oh no! now fly home the following day with Virgin (oh well another day in the sun, after a panic about home arrangements and connecting flights for parents) albeit another day on holiday more RUM and free dinner and late check out (brilliant service from 'the holiday place' again by keeping us in resort instead of other holiday company's keeping you stuck in a hot airport, lying round for a day! Thank You!!!!
There was a few problems in airport we a few passengers not being on the passenger list (one of which me) Holiday Place airport rep a bit stressed but soon had it sorted with Cubana and Virgin, flight home great with virgin!
I want to thank everyone at 'The Holiday Place' from booking to arrival back home they made our holiday the best!! Already some friends have booked with you and we WILL certainly be booking again with yourselves. Having worked myself in aviation and airports I have never experience such a friendly professional company whom customer service is first class!
A massive thank you to everyone!!
Janet Brunton and Gavin Mccain
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Seize this opportunity to explore Cuba's mystical and ancient capital from top to bottom, savouring its enduring...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT