Rated 5.0 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Impressive Service from the Holiday Place
I am writing in regard to the recent holiday both Susan Ashton and I booked with you to Cuba and please accept my sincere apologies for the delay, which has been due to a great deal of personal and professional commitments since our return. Thank you very much for arranging our holiday, which we both thoroughly enjoyed and we would like to provide you with some constructive feedback that we hope you will find helpful. The holiday you arranged was a two-centre holiday from Wednesday 5th August to 19th August 2015. Having made a note of the names of those we wished to mention, we have unfortunately lost or misplaced them. However you should from descriptions, be able to identify the staff we would like to particularly mention and would appreciate it if our gratitude can be extended to them. The representative at the morning meeting in Hotel Central Parque on Friday 7th August was during the course of the meeting, most helpful, patient and valuable in gaining the most from our few days stay in Havana. The tour guide for the Old Man and the City tour in the afternoon of Friday 7th August was highly approachable and particularly excellent with her national and local knowledge, explanations and ability to answer questions when asked. The representative in the hotel on Saturday 8th August was lovely and helpful in the efficient booking of a car to tour Havana. We would particularly like to thank you for arranging our ability to stay at the Hotel Parque Central, which we found to be of an excellent standard. The reception staff were very efficient and the location and facilities were excellent for our needs. During our stay at the Melia Cayo-Coco hotel, Hector the representative, was informative and helpful, as were the reception staff and particularly the customer service staff. The hotel was delightful, the location and facilities excellent, but the buffet restaurant was devoid of an air cooling and air flow system, which resulted in a very uncomfortable eating environment and encouraged many irritating flies. It is difficult to apportion causation, but we remained healthy during our Havana stay and yet succumbed to gastrointestinal problems during most of our stay at the Melia Cayo-Coco. The food was well cooked and beautifully presented, with all the dining room and bar staff being excellent and attentive. The snack bar and international restaurant staff were fabulous. The internal and external public areas were immaculate. However, the cleanliness and servicing of the room we stayed was of a much lower standard. The diving centre and staff were exemplary and very helpful. The outgoing flight was excellent in regard to food, service and in-flight entertainment and the same could have been said of the return flight, if we had not had to volunteer to miss a meal on account of the flight being short of well over 100 meals. We would and indeed have, begun recommending the visiting of Cuba with the Holiday Place to others. Thank you to all your staff for all your patience and assistance during the course of arranging
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sun-kissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT