Rated 5.0 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Impressive Service from the Holiday Place
I am writing in regard to the recent holiday both Susan Ashton and I booked with you to Cuba and please accept my sincere apologies for the delay, which has been due to a great deal of personal and professional commitments since our return. Thank you very much for arranging our holiday, which we both thoroughly enjoyed and we would like to provide you with some constructive feedback that we hope you will find helpful. The holiday you arranged was a two-centre holiday from Wednesday 5th August to 19th August 2015. Having made a note of the names of those we wished to mention, we have unfortunately lost or misplaced them. However you should from descriptions, be able to identify the staff we would like to particularly mention and would appreciate it if our gratitude can be extended to them. The representative at the morning meeting in Hotel Central Parque on Friday 7th August was during the course of the meeting, most helpful, patient and valuable in gaining the most from our few days stay in Havana. The tour guide for the Old Man and the City tour in the afternoon of Friday 7th August was highly approachable and particularly excellent with her national and local knowledge, explanations and ability to answer questions when asked. The representative in the hotel on Saturday 8th August was lovely and helpful in the efficient booking of a car to tour Havana. We would particularly like to thank you for arranging our ability to stay at the Hotel Parque Central, which we found to be of an excellent standard. The reception staff were very efficient and the location and facilities were excellent for our needs. During our stay at the Melia Cayo-Coco hotel, Hector the representative, was informative and helpful, as were the reception staff and particularly the customer service staff. The hotel was delightful, the location and facilities excellent, but the buffet restaurant was devoid of an air cooling and air flow system, which resulted in a very uncomfortable eating environment and encouraged many irritating flies. It is difficult to apportion causation, but we remained healthy during our Havana stay and yet succumbed to gastrointestinal problems during most of our stay at the Melia Cayo-Coco. The food was well cooked and beautifully presented, with all the dining room and bar staff being excellent and attentive. The snack bar and international restaurant staff were fabulous. The internal and external public areas were immaculate. However, the cleanliness and servicing of the room we stayed was of a much lower standard. The diving centre and staff were exemplary and very helpful. The outgoing flight was excellent in regard to food, service and in-flight entertainment and the same could have been said of the return flight, if we had not had to volunteer to miss a meal on account of the flight being short of well over 100 meals. We would and indeed have, begun recommending the visiting of Cuba with the Holiday Place to others. Thank you to all your staff for all your patience and assistance during the course of arranging
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Discover the crystal clear waters of Varadero and slip into total relaxation this summer
- Enjoy a grilled feast with a restaurant on the beach
- Within close proximity to such famous attractions as the Ecological Reserve at Varahicacos
- Close to one of the best windsurfing and kitesurfing spots in Cuba
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
With great watersports galore, your next summer holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT