Rated 4.6 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Holiday in Cuba Guardalavaca and Havana
Hi and THANK YOU!!
I had a wonderful holiday and having filled in your feedback, would also like to give you more information.
I would like to make a special mention of your representative Yordy in Guardalavaca, who was really fantastic.
I have now travelled quite a few times with your company and recommended you to friends who have also had very good travel experiences so thank you again.
This trip, your agents in the UK really did a great job in getting my package to match with that of my friend in Canada so that we could meet up after quite a few years. Of course no one can predict what will happen in Cuba and on arrival, I was upgraded to Brisas Villas, which was fantastic but my friend was not and stayed in Atlantico. It took a couple of days to sort out (The wonderful Yordy again!) and I moved to Atlantico to join her. Her company 'Tours Mont Royal' from Canada were most unhelpful, they wanted to charge her 500 canadian dollars to move to Brisas. Although the hotels are side by side and it was possible to go to Brisas for a meal from Atlantico on my previous trips, this time the staff were not so helpful and we couldn't have meals together if we stayed in separate hotels so my move was the easier option and I still had a great time. Yordy got me a sea view room and even helped my friend on several occasions. We were able to take a great trip to Santiago for 2 days and the Melia in Santiago was really nice. The trip was excellent value and we had a wonderful and very informative 2 days.
Chris, the tour guide was a mine of information and also extremely helpful. The boat trip round the bay, lovely lunch and interesting tour of the Morro and the Cemetary were all great. Dancing in the Casa de la Trova was my highlight - but I love dancing!
Yordy managed to change my internal flight to Havana to the morning flight - I needed more dancing! However, my arrival at Nacional was somewhat disappointing. There was only one lady checking people in and after well over an hour of queueing (by then 1pm and my pick up was 5.30am in Guardalavaca) I was told that I could not have my room until 4pm. So I sat outside with a soft drink and all my bags and then at 3.30 joined the queue for almost another hour and finally got to my room around 5pm.
I had a nice room and the hotel is beautiful and very grand with so much history, but I found it very impersonal, very busy and the staff less friendly and helpful than in other hotels I have stayed in.
Despite this, I loved my time in Havana, as always, I managed to dance lots and I look forward to my next trip!!
Thank you again for a great holiday
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 4th May 2017
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero.
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 4th May 2017
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Enjoy a bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival and an evening turndown service in Havana at the Melia Havana
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT