Rated 4.6 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Holiday in Cuba Guardalavaca and Havana
Hi and THANK YOU!!
I had a wonderful holiday and having filled in your feedback, would also like to give you more information.
I would like to make a special mention of your representative Yordy in Guardalavaca, who was really fantastic.
I have now travelled quite a few times with your company and recommended you to friends who have also had very good travel experiences so thank you again.
This trip, your agents in the UK really did a great job in getting my package to match with that of my friend in Canada so that we could meet up after quite a few years. Of course no one can predict what will happen in Cuba and on arrival, I was upgraded to Brisas Villas, which was fantastic but my friend was not and stayed in Atlantico. It took a couple of days to sort out (The wonderful Yordy again!) and I moved to Atlantico to join her. Her company 'Tours Mont Royal' from Canada were most unhelpful, they wanted to charge her 500 canadian dollars to move to Brisas. Although the hotels are side by side and it was possible to go to Brisas for a meal from Atlantico on my previous trips, this time the staff were not so helpful and we couldn't have meals together if we stayed in separate hotels so my move was the easier option and I still had a great time. Yordy got me a sea view room and even helped my friend on several occasions. We were able to take a great trip to Santiago for 2 days and the Melia in Santiago was really nice. The trip was excellent value and we had a wonderful and very informative 2 days.
Chris, the tour guide was a mine of information and also extremely helpful. The boat trip round the bay, lovely lunch and interesting tour of the Morro and the Cemetary were all great. Dancing in the Casa de la Trova was my highlight - but I love dancing!
Yordy managed to change my internal flight to Havana to the morning flight - I needed more dancing! However, my arrival at Nacional was somewhat disappointing. There was only one lady checking people in and after well over an hour of queueing (by then 1pm and my pick up was 5.30am in Guardalavaca) I was told that I could not have my room until 4pm. So I sat outside with a soft drink and all my bags and then at 3.30 joined the queue for almost another hour and finally got to my room around 5pm.
I had a nice room and the hotel is beautiful and very grand with so much history, but I found it very impersonal, very busy and the staff less friendly and helpful than in other hotels I have stayed in.
Despite this, I loved my time in Havana, as always, I managed to dance lots and I look forward to my next trip!!
Thank you again for a great holiday
Cuba Holidays Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT