John and Karen
Rated 5.0 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Our Holiday to Cuba
Dear Mr Shah
I am writing on behalf of myself and partner Karen as we felt it is a more traditional and positive ways of expressing our complete and total satisfaction with your Company.
Previously we have always booked our holidays with the more heavily branded Companies and were pleasantly surprised when you offered us a complete package holiday to Cuba, especially when it included a 12 night stay at a "Sandals" hotel.
Unfortunately, in May you advised us that the hotel would no longer be run as a Sandals brand, yet you gave us the assurance there would be no significant change other than the name above the door. At that point Karen was extremely disappointed and upset as it had always been her dream to stay at a Sandals Resort on the basis she had always believed it was the ultimate place to stay with complete ultra luxury. This being the main reason for returning to Cuba.
We left the UK on the 7th September flying to Amsterdam then on to Havana on KLM flights with made the journey a very comfortable experience. Having spent 2 nights in the Iberostar Parque Central Hotel which was absolutely fantastic we transferred to The Royal Hicacos, Varadero. Sadly as the hours went by we became totally disillusioned with the service, staff, environment and especially the food being offered. This certainly was not the luxury and ultra all inclusive package that we expected.
We made the decision to see if it would improve however, after 2 miserable nights Karen said to me when she woke up on the Wednesday morning that she could not bear another 10 nights there and ruin our main holiday. Being honest, I said to her let's just see how the day goes but, when I went for breakfast and found nothing inviting to eat, I agreed and telephoned your Varadero Resort Supervisor Yordi. Yordi was an extremely pleasant and helpful lady who listened and explained the possible options however, she needed authority from Head Office.
Yordi telephoned us back with several options to which we chose the option to transfer to the Paradisus Princesa Del Mar as we had previously stayed at the Paradisus Rio De Oro in Guardalavaca which was a fantastic resort. We checked out of the Royal Hicacos, got a taxi and met her in the lobby. The hotel was more than we expected, we were now in a different world, maybe another planet and the following 10 days became heaven.
Your lovely Supervisor Yordi was absolutely fabulous and a credit to your Company, having hade a phone call at 10.30am to then being in a room in paradise at 12.45pm was a dream come true. Very fortunately on departure we were able to personally thank Yordi for all her help. We cannot thank her enough however, obviously she represents the Company whose ethos is to provide a quality service and employing quality staff. Thank you so much as we are sure you will pass on our comments to Yordi.
There is no doubt which Company we will be going on holiday with next time and when in conversation regarding holidays The Holiday Place will always be on the tip of our tongues. We would highly recommend your Company for first class Customer Service from start to finish.
Once again, many many thanks.
John Hazlehurst and Karen Looker
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT