John and Karen
Rated 5.0 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Our Holiday to Cuba
Dear Mr Shah
I am writing on behalf of myself and partner Karen as we felt it is a more traditional and positive ways of expressing our complete and total satisfaction with your Company.
Previously we have always booked our holidays with the more heavily branded Companies and were pleasantly surprised when you offered us a complete package holiday to Cuba, especially when it included a 12 night stay at a "Sandals" hotel.
Unfortunately, in May you advised us that the hotel would no longer be run as a Sandals brand, yet you gave us the assurance there would be no significant change other than the name above the door. At that point Karen was extremely disappointed and upset as it had always been her dream to stay at a Sandals Resort on the basis she had always believed it was the ultimate place to stay with complete ultra luxury. This being the main reason for returning to Cuba.
We left the UK on the 7th September flying to Amsterdam then on to Havana on KLM flights with made the journey a very comfortable experience. Having spent 2 nights in the Iberostar Parque Central Hotel which was absolutely fantastic we transferred to The Royal Hicacos, Varadero. Sadly as the hours went by we became totally disillusioned with the service, staff, environment and especially the food being offered. This certainly was not the luxury and ultra all inclusive package that we expected.
We made the decision to see if it would improve however, after 2 miserable nights Karen said to me when she woke up on the Wednesday morning that she could not bear another 10 nights there and ruin our main holiday. Being honest, I said to her let's just see how the day goes but, when I went for breakfast and found nothing inviting to eat, I agreed and telephoned your Varadero Resort Supervisor Yordi. Yordi was an extremely pleasant and helpful lady who listened and explained the possible options however, she needed authority from Head Office.
Yordi telephoned us back with several options to which we chose the option to transfer to the Paradisus Princesa Del Mar as we had previously stayed at the Paradisus Rio De Oro in Guardalavaca which was a fantastic resort. We checked out of the Royal Hicacos, got a taxi and met her in the lobby. The hotel was more than we expected, we were now in a different world, maybe another planet and the following 10 days became heaven.
Your lovely Supervisor Yordi was absolutely fabulous and a credit to your Company, having hade a phone call at 10.30am to then being in a room in paradise at 12.45pm was a dream come true. Very fortunately on departure we were able to personally thank Yordi for all her help. We cannot thank her enough however, obviously she represents the Company whose ethos is to provide a quality service and employing quality staff. Thank you so much as we are sure you will pass on our comments to Yordi.
There is no doubt which Company we will be going on holiday with next time and when in conversation regarding holidays The Holiday Place will always be on the tip of our tongues. We would highly recommend your Company for first class Customer Service from start to finish.
Once again, many many thanks.
John Hazlehurst and Karen Looker
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT