John and Karen
Rated 5.0 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Our Holiday to Cuba
Dear Mr Shah
I am writing on behalf of myself and partner Karen as we felt it is a more traditional and positive ways of expressing our complete and total satisfaction with your Company.
Previously we have always booked our holidays with the more heavily branded Companies and were pleasantly surprised when you offered us a complete package holiday to Cuba, especially when it included a 12 night stay at a "Sandals" hotel.
Unfortunately, in May you advised us that the hotel would no longer be run as a Sandals brand, yet you gave us the assurance there would be no significant change other than the name above the door. At that point Karen was extremely disappointed and upset as it had always been her dream to stay at a Sandals Resort on the basis she had always believed it was the ultimate place to stay with complete ultra luxury. This being the main reason for returning to Cuba.
We left the UK on the 7th September flying to Amsterdam then on to Havana on KLM flights with made the journey a very comfortable experience. Having spent 2 nights in the Iberostar Parque Central Hotel which was absolutely fantastic we transferred to The Royal Hicacos, Varadero. Sadly as the hours went by we became totally disillusioned with the service, staff, environment and especially the food being offered. This certainly was not the luxury and ultra all inclusive package that we expected.
We made the decision to see if it would improve however, after 2 miserable nights Karen said to me when she woke up on the Wednesday morning that she could not bear another 10 nights there and ruin our main holiday. Being honest, I said to her let's just see how the day goes but, when I went for breakfast and found nothing inviting to eat, I agreed and telephoned your Varadero Resort Supervisor Yordi. Yordi was an extremely pleasant and helpful lady who listened and explained the possible options however, she needed authority from Head Office.
Yordi telephoned us back with several options to which we chose the option to transfer to the Paradisus Princesa Del Mar as we had previously stayed at the Paradisus Rio De Oro in Guardalavaca which was a fantastic resort. We checked out of the Royal Hicacos, got a taxi and met her in the lobby. The hotel was more than we expected, we were now in a different world, maybe another planet and the following 10 days became heaven.
Your lovely Supervisor Yordi was absolutely fabulous and a credit to your Company, having hade a phone call at 10.30am to then being in a room in paradise at 12.45pm was a dream come true. Very fortunately on departure we were able to personally thank Yordi for all her help. We cannot thank her enough however, obviously she represents the Company whose ethos is to provide a quality service and employing quality staff. Thank you so much as we are sure you will pass on our comments to Yordi.
There is no doubt which Company we will be going on holiday with next time and when in conversation regarding holidays The Holiday Place will always be on the tip of our tongues. We would highly recommend your Company for first class Customer Service from start to finish.
Once again, many many thanks.
John Hazlehurst and Karen Looker
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT