John and Karen
Rated 5.0 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Our Holiday to Cuba
Dear Mr Shah
I am writing on behalf of myself and partner Karen as we felt it is a more traditional and positive ways of expressing our complete and total satisfaction with your Company.
Previously we have always booked our holidays with the more heavily branded Companies and were pleasantly surprised when you offered us a complete package holiday to Cuba, especially when it included a 12 night stay at a "Sandals" hotel.
Unfortunately, in May you advised us that the hotel would no longer be run as a Sandals brand, yet you gave us the assurance there would be no significant change other than the name above the door. At that point Karen was extremely disappointed and upset as it had always been her dream to stay at a Sandals Resort on the basis she had always believed it was the ultimate place to stay with complete ultra luxury. This being the main reason for returning to Cuba.
We left the UK on the 7th September flying to Amsterdam then on to Havana on KLM flights with made the journey a very comfortable experience. Having spent 2 nights in the Iberostar Parque Central Hotel which was absolutely fantastic we transferred to The Royal Hicacos, Varadero. Sadly as the hours went by we became totally disillusioned with the service, staff, environment and especially the food being offered. This certainly was not the luxury and ultra all inclusive package that we expected.
We made the decision to see if it would improve however, after 2 miserable nights Karen said to me when she woke up on the Wednesday morning that she could not bear another 10 nights there and ruin our main holiday. Being honest, I said to her let's just see how the day goes but, when I went for breakfast and found nothing inviting to eat, I agreed and telephoned your Varadero Resort Supervisor Yordi. Yordi was an extremely pleasant and helpful lady who listened and explained the possible options however, she needed authority from Head Office.
Yordi telephoned us back with several options to which we chose the option to transfer to the Paradisus Princesa Del Mar as we had previously stayed at the Paradisus Rio De Oro in Guardalavaca which was a fantastic resort. We checked out of the Royal Hicacos, got a taxi and met her in the lobby. The hotel was more than we expected, we were now in a different world, maybe another planet and the following 10 days became heaven.
Your lovely Supervisor Yordi was absolutely fabulous and a credit to your Company, having hade a phone call at 10.30am to then being in a room in paradise at 12.45pm was a dream come true. Very fortunately on departure we were able to personally thank Yordi for all her help. We cannot thank her enough however, obviously she represents the Company whose ethos is to provide a quality service and employing quality staff. Thank you so much as we are sure you will pass on our comments to Yordi.
There is no doubt which Company we will be going on holiday with next time and when in conversation regarding holidays The Holiday Place will always be on the tip of our tongues. We would highly recommend your Company for first class Customer Service from start to finish.
Once again, many many thanks.
John Hazlehurst and Karen Looker
Cuba Holidays Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT