Mr & Mrs Mooney
Rated 4.5 of 5
Holidays in Costa Rica
Costa Rica Holiday Tour Review
I wanted to write to you to say how delighted we were to book via The Holiday Place.
Our recent Costa Rica tour was very successful, as my husband said "exceeded expectations" (we're pretty relaxed, easy going people so don't get too excited with that!). We were impressed with the personal contact and advice from our initial phone call to you. Hamish had all the answers to our many questions and was helpful in advising me how to end my journey in Madrid. Your prompt reply to my concerns regarding our hotel change to Samara at the end was also reassuring.
The Costa Rican representatives (CRT) were delightful. A very warm, sincere welcome at the airport after 24hrs travelling was appreciated. The transfers and connections were punctual; in Monteverde our morning tour was delayed with bad weather and an urgent fax from CRT was delivered to our room the previous night advising us of the change. All the guides we had were knowledgable and enthusiastic. Definately a 5* company who deserve a pat on the back. I'm not sure if they re-negogiated with Villas Playa Samara after my email but we were bumped up to all-inclusive on arrival. The tripadvisor reviews on the resort were factual: loads of building work in progress, chaotic service, unfinished villas and smelly drains.... That aside, the location was fantastic, the staff were keen to please and the food (when it arrived!) was delicious. The all-inclusive rate made it very acceptable; I'm not sure how keen future clients might be if they had to pay for all meals... you might want to bear this in mind when sending guests there. We truly loved it but as I said, we're easy going and can think outside the box. I would hate you to receive loads of complaints from possible more demanding clients after having a good review from us.
If I had the chance to tweak the tour a little it would be to lose the final day in San Jose. I can understand why you do it - the risk of not getting to the airport, and also to make it less tiring perhaps with a long, onward journey. We organised a private tour for that day, taking in Paos volcano, La Paz waterfall and Grecia, a local town. We didnt want a 7am start with the organised excursions, knowing we had a midnight flight to stay awake for. Another night in La Fortuna, Arenal would have been good - so much to see and do there and not enough time.
Costa Rica is one of the two countries in the world we would love to return to (NZ being the other). If you're organising any other tours there please look at the Punta de Osa peninsular. I'm desperate to go whale watching and this is supposed to be an excellent area - plus a being a biologists paradise. Apparently it is one of the few places you can see hump back whales all year round.
Many thanks once again. We will definately put the Holiday Place as our no.1 search for future holidays.
Costa Rica Holidays Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco-tourist's dream destination
- Experience canopy walkways through a bridge system and marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- Explore San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing
Experience a holiday of a lifetime on this incredible Costa Rica Tour exploring the Caribbean side of the country
- Explore the caribbean side of Costa Rica in all it's glory, The Caribbean side of Costa Rica attracts people who search for a laid-back atmosphere, direct contact with nature and crowd-free beaches
- Enjoy various highlights on this tour including a Tortuguero Town Visit , Tortuguero Canals Boat Tour and The Sloth Sanctuary Half Day Excursion along with much more
- Experience a great tour adventuring around Costa Rica from San Jose to Puerto Viejo, sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...
Located in historic district of San Jose, Radisson San Jose enjoys a close proximity to the famous tourist attractions...
Aloft San Jose is a brand new hotel located in Costa Rica's trendiest neighbourhood. The hotel has fantastic facilities...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT