Rated 4.7 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Our Comments on Cuba Holidays
Dear Holiday Place
We wanted to do more than fill in the rankings, so here are our comments.
First we had a great time and on the whole everything went smoothly and as we’d visited Cuba 11 years ago we were prepared for manana. We we not prepared for just how many tourists there are now!
What couldn’t be helped was an engine problem on the flight out delaying us for four hours. But the reps were there and very efficiently got us away. There was a delay with bags but it was the same at Gatwick on return - you might advise that it takes an hour to go through immigration and reclaim.
I left a cardigan on the bus as it was dark and late but the receptionist at the San Felipe phoned the rep in Havana (Yailet) and when we saw her the following day she said she’d located it and would return it to the hotel, which she did. Many thanks to her.
San Felipe hotel very good – location, rooms, breakfasts and service.
You might offer an upgrade option for transfer between Havana and Trinidad – it’s a long journey anyway but stopping and lunch and hotels to drop off made it nearly a day (whereas Cienfuegos to Varadero was a cab and quick). Maybe also Varadero to Havana.
Iberostar in Trinidad excellent on all counts (and free internet).
The biggest surprise was Cienfuegos – arrived early (it would have been helpful to suggest we left out bathing costumes since our room would not be available) and the reception at the Jagua not too friendly but the receptionist warmed to us and we used the pool.
After Trinidad Iberostar, the Jagua felt really East Europe but the room was clean and the following morning the best breakfast of the holiday. The location was wonderful.
The diamond was the Palacio de Valle in the grounds with a lovely terrace bar and excellent restaurant. The following morning we took a swift $5 taxi to visit the Teatro Tomas Terry.
We’d read some on-line criticism of Iberostar Playa Alameda but we found it fine and the staff friendly and accommodating – no problems at all for my veggie husband. A week was just the right length of time and the pool, beach and entertainment most satisfactory. An interesting mix of people, nationalities (we didn't meet any other Brits) and ages.
We think we made a mistake with Hotel Sevilla - returning to the San Felipe or another smaller hotel might have been better for us. Sevilla was roomy but aged and we had a long dialogue about the fridge (24 hours and time wasted waiting to get it fixed). It just had the feel of a big package tourist hotel. However, the pool was a boon.
We stayed at the Floridita 11 years ago, but the street is so jam packed with tourists now, I don't know whether we'd find it as nice.
We’ve already recomended The Holiday Place to friends and thank you for your planning.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sun-kissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT