Rated 4.7 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Our Comments on Cuba Holidays
Dear Holiday Place
We wanted to do more than fill in the rankings, so here are our comments.
First we had a great time and on the whole everything went smoothly and as we’d visited Cuba 11 years ago we were prepared for manana. We we not prepared for just how many tourists there are now!
What couldn’t be helped was an engine problem on the flight out delaying us for four hours. But the reps were there and very efficiently got us away. There was a delay with bags but it was the same at Gatwick on return - you might advise that it takes an hour to go through immigration and reclaim.
I left a cardigan on the bus as it was dark and late but the receptionist at the San Felipe phoned the rep in Havana (Yailet) and when we saw her the following day she said she’d located it and would return it to the hotel, which she did. Many thanks to her.
San Felipe hotel very good – location, rooms, breakfasts and service.
You might offer an upgrade option for transfer between Havana and Trinidad – it’s a long journey anyway but stopping and lunch and hotels to drop off made it nearly a day (whereas Cienfuegos to Varadero was a cab and quick). Maybe also Varadero to Havana.
Iberostar in Trinidad excellent on all counts (and free internet).
The biggest surprise was Cienfuegos – arrived early (it would have been helpful to suggest we left out bathing costumes since our room would not be available) and the reception at the Jagua not too friendly but the receptionist warmed to us and we used the pool.
After Trinidad Iberostar, the Jagua felt really East Europe but the room was clean and the following morning the best breakfast of the holiday. The location was wonderful.
The diamond was the Palacio de Valle in the grounds with a lovely terrace bar and excellent restaurant. The following morning we took a swift $5 taxi to visit the Teatro Tomas Terry.
We’d read some on-line criticism of Iberostar Playa Alameda but we found it fine and the staff friendly and accommodating – no problems at all for my veggie husband. A week was just the right length of time and the pool, beach and entertainment most satisfactory. An interesting mix of people, nationalities (we didn't meet any other Brits) and ages.
We think we made a mistake with Hotel Sevilla - returning to the San Felipe or another smaller hotel might have been better for us. Sevilla was roomy but aged and we had a long dialogue about the fridge (24 hours and time wasted waiting to get it fixed). It just had the feel of a big package tourist hotel. However, the pool was a boon.
We stayed at the Floridita 11 years ago, but the street is so jam packed with tourists now, I don't know whether we'd find it as nice.
We’ve already recomended The Holiday Place to friends and thank you for your planning.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT