Rated 4.7 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Our Comments on Cuba Holidays
Dear Holiday Place
We wanted to do more than fill in the rankings, so here are our comments.
First we had a great time and on the whole everything went smoothly and as we’d visited Cuba 11 years ago we were prepared for manana. We we not prepared for just how many tourists there are now!
What couldn’t be helped was an engine problem on the flight out delaying us for four hours. But the reps were there and very efficiently got us away. There was a delay with bags but it was the same at Gatwick on return - you might advise that it takes an hour to go through immigration and reclaim.
I left a cardigan on the bus as it was dark and late but the receptionist at the San Felipe phoned the rep in Havana (Yailet) and when we saw her the following day she said she’d located it and would return it to the hotel, which she did. Many thanks to her.
San Felipe hotel very good – location, rooms, breakfasts and service.
You might offer an upgrade option for transfer between Havana and Trinidad – it’s a long journey anyway but stopping and lunch and hotels to drop off made it nearly a day (whereas Cienfuegos to Varadero was a cab and quick). Maybe also Varadero to Havana.
Iberostar in Trinidad excellent on all counts (and free internet).
The biggest surprise was Cienfuegos – arrived early (it would have been helpful to suggest we left out bathing costumes since our room would not be available) and the reception at the Jagua not too friendly but the receptionist warmed to us and we used the pool.
After Trinidad Iberostar, the Jagua felt really East Europe but the room was clean and the following morning the best breakfast of the holiday. The location was wonderful.
The diamond was the Palacio de Valle in the grounds with a lovely terrace bar and excellent restaurant. The following morning we took a swift $5 taxi to visit the Teatro Tomas Terry.
We’d read some on-line criticism of Iberostar Playa Alameda but we found it fine and the staff friendly and accommodating – no problems at all for my veggie husband. A week was just the right length of time and the pool, beach and entertainment most satisfactory. An interesting mix of people, nationalities (we didn't meet any other Brits) and ages.
We think we made a mistake with Hotel Sevilla - returning to the San Felipe or another smaller hotel might have been better for us. Sevilla was roomy but aged and we had a long dialogue about the fridge (24 hours and time wasted waiting to get it fixed). It just had the feel of a big package tourist hotel. However, the pool was a boon.
We stayed at the Floridita 11 years ago, but the street is so jam packed with tourists now, I don't know whether we'd find it as nice.
We’ve already recomended The Holiday Place to friends and thank you for your planning.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero.
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT