Rated 4.7 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Our Comments on Cuba Holidays
Dear Holiday Place
We wanted to do more than fill in the rankings, so here are our comments.
First we had a great time and on the whole everything went smoothly and as we’d visited Cuba 11 years ago we were prepared for manana. We we not prepared for just how many tourists there are now!
What couldn’t be helped was an engine problem on the flight out delaying us for four hours. But the reps were there and very efficiently got us away. There was a delay with bags but it was the same at Gatwick on return - you might advise that it takes an hour to go through immigration and reclaim.
I left a cardigan on the bus as it was dark and late but the receptionist at the San Felipe phoned the rep in Havana (Yailet) and when we saw her the following day she said she’d located it and would return it to the hotel, which she did. Many thanks to her.
San Felipe hotel very good – location, rooms, breakfasts and service.
You might offer an upgrade option for transfer between Havana and Trinidad – it’s a long journey anyway but stopping and lunch and hotels to drop off made it nearly a day (whereas Cienfuegos to Varadero was a cab and quick). Maybe also Varadero to Havana.
Iberostar in Trinidad excellent on all counts (and free internet).
The biggest surprise was Cienfuegos – arrived early (it would have been helpful to suggest we left out bathing costumes since our room would not be available) and the reception at the Jagua not too friendly but the receptionist warmed to us and we used the pool.
After Trinidad Iberostar, the Jagua felt really East Europe but the room was clean and the following morning the best breakfast of the holiday. The location was wonderful.
The diamond was the Palacio de Valle in the grounds with a lovely terrace bar and excellent restaurant. The following morning we took a swift $5 taxi to visit the Teatro Tomas Terry.
We’d read some on-line criticism of Iberostar Playa Alameda but we found it fine and the staff friendly and accommodating – no problems at all for my veggie husband. A week was just the right length of time and the pool, beach and entertainment most satisfactory. An interesting mix of people, nationalities (we didn't meet any other Brits) and ages.
We think we made a mistake with Hotel Sevilla - returning to the San Felipe or another smaller hotel might have been better for us. Sevilla was roomy but aged and we had a long dialogue about the fridge (24 hours and time wasted waiting to get it fixed). It just had the feel of a big package tourist hotel. However, the pool was a boon.
We stayed at the Floridita 11 years ago, but the street is so jam packed with tourists now, I don't know whether we'd find it as nice.
We’ve already recomended The Holiday Place to friends and thank you for your planning.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Feel the intoxicating Latin vibe in Havana and relax on the sun-kissed sands of Varadero beach.
- Memories Miramar Hotel operates a free of charge shuttle bus to the centre of Havana so guests can enjoy the best of the wonderful City's attractions
- Blau Varadero offers fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day and for the health conscious there are various wellness options
- Added extras for couples include a welcome cocktail, private check-in and complimentary massages
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT