Rated 4.6 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Thank you in advance for sorting out a statement from Cubana Airways, it's very much appreciated. I do understand that flights get delayed from time to time it was just a shame that the flight time had changed from 11.20pm to 2.30am in which case we missed our onward flight. But on the upside, at least we weren't stranded at Gatwick airport, we're lucky enough to have some family in Brighton so we got a train down there for a few days until the next available flight home.
I want to take the opportunity to say how impressed we have been with The Holiday Place, from the wonderful service i received with the booking agent, Susan Benns who was just fantastic in organizing our trip to Cuba and who answered a dozen or so emails!!
The lovely women Yordy, our THP representative who met us at the airport and gave us our welcome letter etc, she also came straight to the hotel the following day after my phone call to sort out a problem with checking in!! (the hotel told us our booking wasn't until the 21st May!! we arrived on the 12th!) and also the other THP rep, San, who was absolutely amazing, a real credit to the company. We had run out of baby milk! so he got us some, no problem, he also recommended a fabulous trip, 'Cuba inside' which we found to be a wonderful insight to the area of Holguin. The tour guide on that trip was great, she was very knowledgable and answered any questions we had, i think everyone on that bus that day had a really good time.
The hotel, Playa Pesquero was incredible, we loved our stay there and we would love to go back one day, the staff were all so friendly and willing to help with anything. My little daughter had the time of her life as did we. The food there was always great, we loved the choice of restaurants and bars.
We also liked the fact that there were showers available for use in the reception area which come in very handy when you have a late flight.
We flew to Havana for the last few days of our holiday and stayed in the Parque Central, which was in a fantastic location. Our THP rep there was Jorge, who did our welcome meeting and gave us all the information we needed for checking in at the airport on our departure. I must say the only problem with the meeting was that it was a 9.30am which was pretty early considering we didn't get in to the hotel til gone midnight the night before! i did notice that half the people that checked in with us that evening were not at the meeting!! But he was always on call if you needed him.
Havana is an amazing city, we enjoyed this part of our trip very much and the hotel itself was fabulous. The day we left, we asked reception if we could stay in our room longer as our departure to the airport wasn't until 10.30pm and the manager on duty said it would be no problem as we had a small child and she let us have the room until 8pm (at no extra charge) which was fantastic, it gave us chance to put our daughter down for a nap in the afternoon and shower in the comfort of our own room.
We have had a fantastic holiday and i can't thank The Holiday Place enough for their 5 star service and your staff in the UK and Cuba are all wonderful.
Many thanks from 3 very satisfied custmers,
Cuba Holidays Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel
- Enjoy a free upgrade to the ocean view at Melia Habana
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT