Rated 4.6 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Thank you in advance for sorting out a statement from Cubana Airways, it's very much appreciated. I do understand that flights get delayed from time to time it was just a shame that the flight time had changed from 11.20pm to 2.30am in which case we missed our onward flight. But on the upside, at least we weren't stranded at Gatwick airport, we're lucky enough to have some family in Brighton so we got a train down there for a few days until the next available flight home.
I want to take the opportunity to say how impressed we have been with The Holiday Place, from the wonderful service i received with the booking agent, Susan Benns who was just fantastic in organizing our trip to Cuba and who answered a dozen or so emails!!
The lovely women Yordy, our THP representative who met us at the airport and gave us our welcome letter etc, she also came straight to the hotel the following day after my phone call to sort out a problem with checking in!! (the hotel told us our booking wasn't until the 21st May!! we arrived on the 12th!) and also the other THP rep, San, who was absolutely amazing, a real credit to the company. We had run out of baby milk! so he got us some, no problem, he also recommended a fabulous trip, 'Cuba inside' which we found to be a wonderful insight to the area of Holguin. The tour guide on that trip was great, she was very knowledgable and answered any questions we had, i think everyone on that bus that day had a really good time.
The hotel, Playa Pesquero was incredible, we loved our stay there and we would love to go back one day, the staff were all so friendly and willing to help with anything. My little daughter had the time of her life as did we. The food there was always great, we loved the choice of restaurants and bars.
We also liked the fact that there were showers available for use in the reception area which come in very handy when you have a late flight.
We flew to Havana for the last few days of our holiday and stayed in the Parque Central, which was in a fantastic location. Our THP rep there was Jorge, who did our welcome meeting and gave us all the information we needed for checking in at the airport on our departure. I must say the only problem with the meeting was that it was a 9.30am which was pretty early considering we didn't get in to the hotel til gone midnight the night before! i did notice that half the people that checked in with us that evening were not at the meeting!! But he was always on call if you needed him.
Havana is an amazing city, we enjoyed this part of our trip very much and the hotel itself was fabulous. The day we left, we asked reception if we could stay in our room longer as our departure to the airport wasn't until 10.30pm and the manager on duty said it would be no problem as we had a small child and she let us have the room until 8pm (at no extra charge) which was fantastic, it gave us chance to put our daughter down for a nap in the afternoon and shower in the comfort of our own room.
We have had a fantastic holiday and i can't thank The Holiday Place enough for their 5 star service and your staff in the UK and Cuba are all wonderful.
Many thanks from 3 very satisfied custmers,
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT