Rated 4.6 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Thank you in advance for sorting out a statement from Cubana Airways, it's very much appreciated. I do understand that flights get delayed from time to time it was just a shame that the flight time had changed from 11.20pm to 2.30am in which case we missed our onward flight. But on the upside, at least we weren't stranded at Gatwick airport, we're lucky enough to have some family in Brighton so we got a train down there for a few days until the next available flight home.
I want to take the opportunity to say how impressed we have been with The Holiday Place, from the wonderful service i received with the booking agent, Susan Benns who was just fantastic in organizing our trip to Cuba and who answered a dozen or so emails!!
The lovely women Yordy, our THP representative who met us at the airport and gave us our welcome letter etc, she also came straight to the hotel the following day after my phone call to sort out a problem with checking in!! (the hotel told us our booking wasn't until the 21st May!! we arrived on the 12th!) and also the other THP rep, San, who was absolutely amazing, a real credit to the company. We had run out of baby milk! so he got us some, no problem, he also recommended a fabulous trip, 'Cuba inside' which we found to be a wonderful insight to the area of Holguin. The tour guide on that trip was great, she was very knowledgable and answered any questions we had, i think everyone on that bus that day had a really good time.
The hotel, Playa Pesquero was incredible, we loved our stay there and we would love to go back one day, the staff were all so friendly and willing to help with anything. My little daughter had the time of her life as did we. The food there was always great, we loved the choice of restaurants and bars.
We also liked the fact that there were showers available for use in the reception area which come in very handy when you have a late flight.
We flew to Havana for the last few days of our holiday and stayed in the Parque Central, which was in a fantastic location. Our THP rep there was Jorge, who did our welcome meeting and gave us all the information we needed for checking in at the airport on our departure. I must say the only problem with the meeting was that it was a 9.30am which was pretty early considering we didn't get in to the hotel til gone midnight the night before! i did notice that half the people that checked in with us that evening were not at the meeting!! But he was always on call if you needed him.
Havana is an amazing city, we enjoyed this part of our trip very much and the hotel itself was fabulous. The day we left, we asked reception if we could stay in our room longer as our departure to the airport wasn't until 10.30pm and the manager on duty said it would be no problem as we had a small child and she let us have the room until 8pm (at no extra charge) which was fantastic, it gave us chance to put our daughter down for a nap in the afternoon and shower in the comfort of our own room.
We have had a fantastic holiday and i can't thank The Holiday Place enough for their 5 star service and your staff in the UK and Cuba are all wonderful.
Many thanks from 3 very satisfied custmers,
Cuba Holidays Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over half...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Spend a few nights at the Memories Miramar Havana Hotel in Havana and experience the Cuban lifestyle first-hand. The...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT