Rated 4.1 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
Holiday to Egypt
I must write to express the gratitude of our party on our recent trip to Egypt.
You may remember that we had originally booked to attend our son's wedding in Alexandria on 7th April, but were badly let down when Cosmos advised, after receipt of full payment and confirmation of booking, that they could not meet our requirements - which is where you came to the rescue.
We were met at Cairo airport (immediately after stepping off the plane) by your agents (Excel Travel / The Holiday place). Visa's and transit through immigration was effortless with the agents taking control of everything. We were escorted to a waiting mini-bus and taken to our first hotel whereby the agent (Ahmed Gabr) arranged check-in at the Movenpick Media City hotel and arranged to meet us in a few days for our onward journey to Alexandria. This hotel was clean and service attentive, however, to our cost we discovered that the hotel provided taxi's were an experience to say the least. After several hours of our driver being "lost" in Cairo amid the manic traffic and taking us to the wrong locations, only a phone call to Ahmed (Excel) resoved the situation to our satisfaction - well nearly!!. On return, the hotel was unconcerned over the incident although Ahmed was most apologetic (even though this was not at any point any of his doing). Ahmed recommended that we contact him (Excel) for any future trips, or indeed any requirements we had - this we did without further incident - thanks again Ahmed. Drinks were expensive at the Movenpick as you are a captive audience - nothing close by to walk to so no competition - £19.00 Sterling for six cans of Pepsi!!! - food OK, but not great.
Our journey to Alexandria (four hours with stops) was both comfortable and safe. We were again collected by the Excel agents. Our mini-bus driver and our guide (Ahmed Shahin) were both friendly a pleasure to travel with, indicating points of interest and local culture / customs along the way. Again our check-in at the Sheraton Montazah hotel was taken care of by Ahmed Shahin and again the rooms provided were very good. Again, we were contacted by phone shortly after arrival in Alexandria by Excel Travel (Ahmed Gabr) to confirm everything was OK and to our satisfaction. Food was better at this hotel and the location was good for things to see on foot. Prices were also more reasonable with shops nearby.
The agents again arrived for our return journey to Cairo where we were transported safely to the Hilton Pyramids Hotel Golf resort. Again check-in was completed for us, followed by a phone call a little later to confirm all was again OK. This hotel was excellent. I don't know why, but wew were given the Safari Suite (on two floors) plus another room. Attention to detail was faultless, the food was superb and to our surprise prices were very reasonable. Our only regret at this location was that we had not stayed here for the first three nights as this hotel is only a few miles from the Movenpick we stayed at initially, but with far more facilities and luxuries / amenities.
Finally, we were collected and returned to the airport whereby we were escorted though security, check-in, immigration and to the gate by staff from Excel Travel. Please onpass our sincere thanks to all concerned in making our visit to Egypt a pleasure and trouble free experience.
We will have no hesitation in making the Holiday Place our first call for future trips - of whatever nature or destination based on this experience and will be recommending your Company to family, friends and work colleagues for their holiday requirements..
Thanks again from all our party.
Pete and Rena Faulkner
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports
Located in the heart of Luxor's tourist district, there is plenty to see and do.
- Luxor Temple, Luxor Museum, Karnak Temple and the Valley of the Kings are easily accessible from the hotel
- A wonderful outdoor pool, where guests can cool off, relax and enjoy the spectacular views of the magnificent Nile. A health club with massage, sauna and fitness room
- A magnificent position right on the banks of the River Nile
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
The most popular choice for divers, snorkellers and water sports enthusiasts, this is a resort that has it all.
- Relax and spoil yourself at the health club with gym, steam room and sauna
- Benefit from the Kids' Club with daily activities, an entertainment centre and their own playground
- Ideal location beside a private beach just 15 minutes from Hurghada airport and 20 kilometres from the centre of Hurghada
Great resort for the Family with endless fun at the Movenpick Kids Club during the day and night
- 18-holes golf course is just 1km away
- Discover El Gouna town with a daily shuttle bus - optional Â£20 per person
- Enjoy a sumptuous choice of dining at the Movenpick buffet restaurant
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery. On...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT