Rated 4.1 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
Holiday to Egypt
I must write to express the gratitude of our party on our recent trip to Egypt.
You may remember that we had originally booked to attend our son's wedding in Alexandria on 7th April, but were badly let down when Cosmos advised, after receipt of full payment and confirmation of booking, that they could not meet our requirements - which is where you came to the rescue.
We were met at Cairo airport (immediately after stepping off the plane) by your agents (Excel Travel / The Holiday place). Visa's and transit through immigration was effortless with the agents taking control of everything. We were escorted to a waiting mini-bus and taken to our first hotel whereby the agent (Ahmed Gabr) arranged check-in at the Movenpick Media City hotel and arranged to meet us in a few days for our onward journey to Alexandria. This hotel was clean and service attentive, however, to our cost we discovered that the hotel provided taxi's were an experience to say the least. After several hours of our driver being "lost" in Cairo amid the manic traffic and taking us to the wrong locations, only a phone call to Ahmed (Excel) resoved the situation to our satisfaction - well nearly!!. On return, the hotel was unconcerned over the incident although Ahmed was most apologetic (even though this was not at any point any of his doing). Ahmed recommended that we contact him (Excel) for any future trips, or indeed any requirements we had - this we did without further incident - thanks again Ahmed. Drinks were expensive at the Movenpick as you are a captive audience - nothing close by to walk to so no competition - £19.00 Sterling for six cans of Pepsi!!! - food OK, but not great.
Our journey to Alexandria (four hours with stops) was both comfortable and safe. We were again collected by the Excel agents. Our mini-bus driver and our guide (Ahmed Shahin) were both friendly a pleasure to travel with, indicating points of interest and local culture / customs along the way. Again our check-in at the Sheraton Montazah hotel was taken care of by Ahmed Shahin and again the rooms provided were very good. Again, we were contacted by phone shortly after arrival in Alexandria by Excel Travel (Ahmed Gabr) to confirm everything was OK and to our satisfaction. Food was better at this hotel and the location was good for things to see on foot. Prices were also more reasonable with shops nearby.
The agents again arrived for our return journey to Cairo where we were transported safely to the Hilton Pyramids Hotel Golf resort. Again check-in was completed for us, followed by a phone call a little later to confirm all was again OK. This hotel was excellent. I don't know why, but wew were given the Safari Suite (on two floors) plus another room. Attention to detail was faultless, the food was superb and to our surprise prices were very reasonable. Our only regret at this location was that we had not stayed here for the first three nights as this hotel is only a few miles from the Movenpick we stayed at initially, but with far more facilities and luxuries / amenities.
Finally, we were collected and returned to the airport whereby we were escorted though security, check-in, immigration and to the gate by staff from Excel Travel. Please onpass our sincere thanks to all concerned in making our visit to Egypt a pleasure and trouble free experience.
We will have no hesitation in making the Holiday Place our first call for future trips - of whatever nature or destination based on this experience and will be recommending your Company to family, friends and work colleagues for their holiday requirements..
Thanks again from all our party.
Pete and Rena Faulkner
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Have fun in the sun, dive in the underwater gardens of the Red Sea and enjoy a myriad of activities for the whole family
- Great family resort with plenty of activities
- Only 5 minutes away from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport
- Enjoy astonishing variety of fish and marine life of the Red Sea
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Grab this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty of Egypt while partaking of 5-star treatment in one...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort nestles into a dramatic headland overlooking the Ras Mohammed National Park. This...
Experience utter luxury as you enjoy eight days of uninterrupted R&R along Egypt's Red Sea shores. But apart from sun...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT