Rated 4.1 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
Holiday to Egypt
I must write to express the gratitude of our party on our recent trip to Egypt.
You may remember that we had originally booked to attend our son's wedding in Alexandria on 7th April, but were badly let down when Cosmos advised, after receipt of full payment and confirmation of booking, that they could not meet our requirements - which is where you came to the rescue.
We were met at Cairo airport (immediately after stepping off the plane) by your agents (Excel Travel / The Holiday place). Visa's and transit through immigration was effortless with the agents taking control of everything. We were escorted to a waiting mini-bus and taken to our first hotel whereby the agent (Ahmed Gabr) arranged check-in at the Movenpick Media City hotel and arranged to meet us in a few days for our onward journey to Alexandria. This hotel was clean and service attentive, however, to our cost we discovered that the hotel provided taxi's were an experience to say the least. After several hours of our driver being "lost" in Cairo amid the manic traffic and taking us to the wrong locations, only a phone call to Ahmed (Excel) resoved the situation to our satisfaction - well nearly!!. On return, the hotel was unconcerned over the incident although Ahmed was most apologetic (even though this was not at any point any of his doing). Ahmed recommended that we contact him (Excel) for any future trips, or indeed any requirements we had - this we did without further incident - thanks again Ahmed. Drinks were expensive at the Movenpick as you are a captive audience - nothing close by to walk to so no competition - £19.00 Sterling for six cans of Pepsi!!! - food OK, but not great.
Our journey to Alexandria (four hours with stops) was both comfortable and safe. We were again collected by the Excel agents. Our mini-bus driver and our guide (Ahmed Shahin) were both friendly a pleasure to travel with, indicating points of interest and local culture / customs along the way. Again our check-in at the Sheraton Montazah hotel was taken care of by Ahmed Shahin and again the rooms provided were very good. Again, we were contacted by phone shortly after arrival in Alexandria by Excel Travel (Ahmed Gabr) to confirm everything was OK and to our satisfaction. Food was better at this hotel and the location was good for things to see on foot. Prices were also more reasonable with shops nearby.
The agents again arrived for our return journey to Cairo where we were transported safely to the Hilton Pyramids Hotel Golf resort. Again check-in was completed for us, followed by a phone call a little later to confirm all was again OK. This hotel was excellent. I don't know why, but wew were given the Safari Suite (on two floors) plus another room. Attention to detail was faultless, the food was superb and to our surprise prices were very reasonable. Our only regret at this location was that we had not stayed here for the first three nights as this hotel is only a few miles from the Movenpick we stayed at initially, but with far more facilities and luxuries / amenities.
Finally, we were collected and returned to the airport whereby we were escorted though security, check-in, immigration and to the gate by staff from Excel Travel. Please onpass our sincere thanks to all concerned in making our visit to Egypt a pleasure and trouble free experience.
We will have no hesitation in making the Holiday Place our first call for future trips - of whatever nature or destination based on this experience and will be recommending your Company to family, friends and work colleagues for their holiday requirements..
Thanks again from all our party.
Pete and Rena Faulkner
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports on offer
Sail the mighty River Nile, see the world's largest open air museum in Luxor and Discover the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, the treasures of bygone days
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck of the Swiss Inn Radamis II
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Mercure Le Sphinx
- Discover the World's largest open air museum in Luxor whilst staying at the Karnak Temple
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Enjoy a Wonderfully Relaxing Holiday with a wide range of activities
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £249pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
M/S Royal Viking Itinerary (7 nights) Day One (Monday) Meet & assist al Luxor airport by our local representative....
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The Baron Palace Resort is beautifully and ideally located in the heart of Sahl Hasheesh Bay. Sahl Hasheesh is famed for...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Rising above the city, overlooking the mighty River Nile is one of Cairo's classiest hotels. The five-star Ramses Hilton...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT