Rated 4.1 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
Holiday to Egypt
I must write to express the gratitude of our party on our recent trip to Egypt.
You may remember that we had originally booked to attend our son's wedding in Alexandria on 7th April, but were badly let down when Cosmos advised, after receipt of full payment and confirmation of booking, that they could not meet our requirements - which is where you came to the rescue.
We were met at Cairo airport (immediately after stepping off the plane) by your agents (Excel Travel / The Holiday place). Visa's and transit through immigration was effortless with the agents taking control of everything. We were escorted to a waiting mini-bus and taken to our first hotel whereby the agent (Ahmed Gabr) arranged check-in at the Movenpick Media City hotel and arranged to meet us in a few days for our onward journey to Alexandria. This hotel was clean and service attentive, however, to our cost we discovered that the hotel provided taxi's were an experience to say the least. After several hours of our driver being "lost" in Cairo amid the manic traffic and taking us to the wrong locations, only a phone call to Ahmed (Excel) resoved the situation to our satisfaction - well nearly!!. On return, the hotel was unconcerned over the incident although Ahmed was most apologetic (even though this was not at any point any of his doing). Ahmed recommended that we contact him (Excel) for any future trips, or indeed any requirements we had - this we did without further incident - thanks again Ahmed. Drinks were expensive at the Movenpick as you are a captive audience - nothing close by to walk to so no competition - £19.00 Sterling for six cans of Pepsi!!! - food OK, but not great.
Our journey to Alexandria (four hours with stops) was both comfortable and safe. We were again collected by the Excel agents. Our mini-bus driver and our guide (Ahmed Shahin) were both friendly a pleasure to travel with, indicating points of interest and local culture / customs along the way. Again our check-in at the Sheraton Montazah hotel was taken care of by Ahmed Shahin and again the rooms provided were very good. Again, we were contacted by phone shortly after arrival in Alexandria by Excel Travel (Ahmed Gabr) to confirm everything was OK and to our satisfaction. Food was better at this hotel and the location was good for things to see on foot. Prices were also more reasonable with shops nearby.
The agents again arrived for our return journey to Cairo where we were transported safely to the Hilton Pyramids Hotel Golf resort. Again check-in was completed for us, followed by a phone call a little later to confirm all was again OK. This hotel was excellent. I don't know why, but wew were given the Safari Suite (on two floors) plus another room. Attention to detail was faultless, the food was superb and to our surprise prices were very reasonable. Our only regret at this location was that we had not stayed here for the first three nights as this hotel is only a few miles from the Movenpick we stayed at initially, but with far more facilities and luxuries / amenities.
Finally, we were collected and returned to the airport whereby we were escorted though security, check-in, immigration and to the gate by staff from Excel Travel. Please onpass our sincere thanks to all concerned in making our visit to Egypt a pleasure and trouble free experience.
We will have no hesitation in making the Holiday Place our first call for future trips - of whatever nature or destination based on this experience and will be recommending your Company to family, friends and work colleagues for their holiday requirements..
Thanks again from all our party.
Pete and Rena Faulkner
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Cruise on the world's longest river with 7000 years of history while enjoying 21st century comfort on the cruise liner featuring superb amenities.
- Enjoy nightly entertainment at the Lounge with its resident DJ, drinks and dancing.
- The Cruise allows you to discover the stunning sights and attractions of the River Nile in comfort.
- The hotel ship offers a comprehensive program of sightseeing which is accompanied by an expert guide.
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
This boutique Nile Cruise combines old-world charm and sophistication with the luxury of modern amenities.
- With a limited number of suites and cabins this cruise offers an intimate and exclusive atmosphere of personal service and refined hospitality
- Unwind at the open-air oriental style Jacuzzi or chill in the elegant lounge
- Work on your tan from the spacious, scenic deck as you see 5,000 years of history unfold
Enjoy a memorable and romantic holiday in Egypt
- Benefit from the Sonesta Star Goddess Spa and enjoy a relaxing massage after a busy day of excursions
- Suites made for your comfortable stay with the best view
- Enjoy the swimming pool or relax on the sun deck where you can have a cocktail
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Make the most of the centric location, beautiful beach surroundings, luxurious perks and marvellous services of the...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Grab this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty of Egypt while partaking of 5-star treatment in one...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Spend 4 days discovering the ancient wonders of Egypt while you unwind in the luxurious Grand Nile Tower hotel in Cairo....
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT