CLK320 Trip Advisor
Rated 4.4 of 5
Holidays in Mauritius
Good Place to Relax and Chill Out - Hilton Mauritius Resort and Spa
My wife and I are just back from the Hilton and I had to write this review, having read some of the other reviews I was tempted to suffer the extra money and change. But No we went.
Firstly let me explain that I am A Hilton Hhonours member and first looked at the hotel on the hilton Web site, the prices were enough to frighten any mortal man or women!
We ended up booking through "The Holiday Place-Thanks Louise Hadi" It was cheaper by far. The experience from being picked up at the Airport in a BMW 530 and given a running commentary of each town as we drove through, was very informative (The driver did ask, that if we were too tired after our flight, he would turn the music on and we could relax!!)
On arrival the Hilton do go out of there way to make you feel special from the sounding of the Gong and your welcome cocktail. We stayed there for 14 nights and I find it hard to fault anything about our stay. Only one gripe really-: The room was supposed to be Seaview deluxe, having stayed at Hiltons in the USA and Europe, there was'nt much about it to call it deluxe, but other than that, it surficed as a home away from home for 2 weeks.
As far as food was concerned we were on Half Board basis and as per many other reviewers we had a bottle of Duty free in our room.(I asked them to clear out the Mini Bar and got a signature from the Mini Bar replenisher to that effect,then used it as a fridge!!)
The meals were great with loads of choice, and a thing that many previous reviewers did'nt mention, if you want something else ASK. The Staff, chefs, servers will go out of their way to get you whatever you want. Special mention to Steve, who, we don't know how or want to, managed to get us the same table every night.
Having stayed there for 14 nights we had a few problems, but so minor, because of Venessa and her staff in Customer Services (Ken, Misha, Sharon, and the trainee, as Ken called her!!) you just ring extension 4507 and they have it sorted out within the hour.
(EG:- Our soap dish in the shower broke one evening and before we could report it they were at the door first thing the next day to fix it, the turn down maid had reported the fault )(Thanks to Indira)
Remember it is their Winter, so be prepared, it might rain (They supply you with an umbrella in your Wardrobe!!) The pool area is well serviced By Diana (as previously mentioned in other reviews!) You get one large bottle of water every evening in your room and if you go to the pool area early you get one small bottle too,as well as Diana coming round with little pieces of Fruit on a stick.
Not to waffle to much longer, but yes it is expensive, we managed to have a late breakfast, and a cuppa in our room with some local bought bickies in the late afternoon and then down for dinner, ordering a bottle of RED wine and a bottle of Still water, every night costing 1259.25 MUR.(Not really practical if your taking children!)
A trip to Wolmar or Flic-en-Flac to the Supermarkets is a must, at the time of writing they are currently fixing up a hotel complex just down from the Hilton which makes walking into Wolmar pretty hairy with the construction traffic, but it's about 15 minutes walk to Wolmar. All in All a great place to relax and chill out.
If they marketed the Hilton a bit better with daily Spa specials, and other deals people would spend more money, like everything else, if you think your getting a deal you'll pay. Thanks for Reading and relax if you do go!!
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Enjoy access to one of the longest beaches on the East Coast of Mauritius, and experience the unique all-inclusive perks coupled with the warmth and authenticity of a family-owned retreat
- Pamper yourself at the "Spa Attitude"
- Enjoy romantic walks at the stunning beach of this hotel
- Enjoy snorkelling & glass-bottom boat trips
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Bring the kids along or come with your partner for a romantically secluded hideaway in a resort that excels at providing special separate spaces for adults and families
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Zilwa offers two experiences in one with a designated adults-only area and a separate family section
- Experience the sunrise boat trip, BBQ on the beach and treasure hunts for the little ones
Join the party spirit at Tamassa, a lively resort where you can chill in a hammock, watch a movie on the beach at dusk, and leave life's stresses a million miles away
- Enjoy a wide variety of water sports and activities including windsurfing, kayaking, snorkelling, water skiing, and so much more to do
- Dine in a romantic atmosphere in one of the resorts restaurants with theatrical culinary shows
- free room upgrade to superior room
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Stay at this fabolous resort offering vibrant accommodation with all rooms sea-facing
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Free Sports including Golf at the 18 hole championship golf course at Le Touessrok Mauriitus
- Enjoy an selection of restaurants and Bar inlcuding s swim up bar
- Ambre resorts has stunning view of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 700-metres long white natural beach
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Coin De Mire is a boutique hotel set on the north coast of Mauritius, an area of white beaches, clear turquoise waters...
Enjoy the island paradise of Mauritius during an 8-day stay at the luxurious Long Beach Golf Resort & Spa. Occupying the...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
Luxury Oasis Villas is actually situated in grand bay, which is on the north coastline of Mauritius; it's a leading...
Located in a small village on the Northern coast of Mauritius, Hibiscus Beach Resort and Spa is a dream destination for...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...
Discover Mauritius an island rich in cultural legacy off the east coast of Madagascar, the island features breathtaking...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT