CLK320 Trip Advisor
Rated 4.4 of 5
Holidays in Mauritius
Good Place to Relax and Chill Out - Hilton Mauritius Resort and Spa
My wife and I are just back from the Hilton and I had to write this review, having read some of the other reviews I was tempted to suffer the extra money and change. But No we went.
Firstly let me explain that I am A Hilton Hhonours member and first looked at the hotel on the hilton Web site, the prices were enough to frighten any mortal man or women!
We ended up booking through "The Holiday Place-Thanks Louise Hadi" It was cheaper by far. The experience from being picked up at the Airport in a BMW 530 and given a running commentary of each town as we drove through, was very informative (The driver did ask, that if we were too tired after our flight, he would turn the music on and we could relax!!)
On arrival the Hilton do go out of there way to make you feel special from the sounding of the Gong and your welcome cocktail. We stayed there for 14 nights and I find it hard to fault anything about our stay. Only one gripe really-: The room was supposed to be Seaview deluxe, having stayed at Hiltons in the USA and Europe, there was'nt much about it to call it deluxe, but other than that, it surficed as a home away from home for 2 weeks.
As far as food was concerned we were on Half Board basis and as per many other reviewers we had a bottle of Duty free in our room.(I asked them to clear out the Mini Bar and got a signature from the Mini Bar replenisher to that effect,then used it as a fridge!!)
The meals were great with loads of choice, and a thing that many previous reviewers did'nt mention, if you want something else ASK. The Staff, chefs, servers will go out of their way to get you whatever you want. Special mention to Steve, who, we don't know how or want to, managed to get us the same table every night.
Having stayed there for 14 nights we had a few problems, but so minor, because of Venessa and her staff in Customer Services (Ken, Misha, Sharon, and the trainee, as Ken called her!!) you just ring extension 4507 and they have it sorted out within the hour.
(EG:- Our soap dish in the shower broke one evening and before we could report it they were at the door first thing the next day to fix it, the turn down maid had reported the fault )(Thanks to Indira)
Remember it is their Winter, so be prepared, it might rain (They supply you with an umbrella in your Wardrobe!!) The pool area is well serviced By Diana (as previously mentioned in other reviews!) You get one large bottle of water every evening in your room and if you go to the pool area early you get one small bottle too,as well as Diana coming round with little pieces of Fruit on a stick.
Not to waffle to much longer, but yes it is expensive, we managed to have a late breakfast, and a cuppa in our room with some local bought bickies in the late afternoon and then down for dinner, ordering a bottle of RED wine and a bottle of Still water, every night costing 1259.25 MUR.(Not really practical if your taking children!)
A trip to Wolmar or Flic-en-Flac to the Supermarkets is a must, at the time of writing they are currently fixing up a hotel complex just down from the Hilton which makes walking into Wolmar pretty hairy with the construction traffic, but it's about 15 minutes walk to Wolmar. All in All a great place to relax and chill out.
If they marketed the Hilton a bit better with daily Spa specials, and other deals people would spend more money, like everything else, if you think your getting a deal you'll pay. Thanks for Reading and relax if you do go!!
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Live and breathe the real Mauritius for a week in an intimate boutique hotel set by clear turquoise waters and powdery-soft sands, with great facilities for everyone in the family.
- Features an excellent Children's Club offering great activities for the young ones
- Children stay free when sharing with parents
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Mauritius is more than sugar and spice, it's a melting pot of fusion cooking, hospitable islanders and stunning natural surroundings - experience it all at the Intercontinental Mauritius
- Relax & rejuvenate at the Yuj Spa - Inspired by the various local cultural manipulation and wellness practices
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room
- Indulge in a selection of Four Restaurants from Asian Fusion, Indian to Mauritian Cuisine
- Enjoy Evening Entertainment including Dance shows & Music Bands
You'll be wanting for nothing - from all-inclusive meals to fun activities while being close to attractions galore there's no better place to stay in Grand Baie!
- All-inclusive 'Culinary Voyage' allows you to choose from 4 restaurants for lunch and 7 for dinner as well as 5 bars, including a night club and a sport bar
- Perfect location on a white sandy beach between Port Louis and Grand Baie, near the historical site of Balaclava
- Weekly activity programme includes: outdoor cinema, face painting, treasure hunt, cooking classes and much more
Set amidst a landscape of lush vegetation, mountains and the clear waters of the Indian Ocean, the Heritage Awali oozes luxury and offers first-class service
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy attentive all-inclusive service in a unique setting in Bel Ombre with its own nature reserve
- Get a complimentary round of golf per day and a free spa treatment per stay
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Spend a week sunning yourself at the InterContinental Mauritius on the gorgeous beaches of Grand Baie, one of Mauritius'...
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Enjoy the stunning Indian Ocean coastline at the Heritage Awali, sitting in a prime location to admire and savour the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
With a private beachfront in the beautifully landscaped resort of Bel Ombre, Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort provides...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT