CLK320 Trip Advisor
Rated 4.4 of 5
Holidays in Mauritius
Good Place to Relax and Chill Out - Hilton Mauritius Resort and Spa
My wife and I are just back from the Hilton and I had to write this review, having read some of the other reviews I was tempted to suffer the extra money and change. But No we went.
Firstly let me explain that I am A Hilton Hhonours member and first looked at the hotel on the hilton Web site, the prices were enough to frighten any mortal man or women!
We ended up booking through "The Holiday Place-Thanks Louise Hadi" It was cheaper by far. The experience from being picked up at the Airport in a BMW 530 and given a running commentary of each town as we drove through, was very informative (The driver did ask, that if we were too tired after our flight, he would turn the music on and we could relax!!)
On arrival the Hilton do go out of there way to make you feel special from the sounding of the Gong and your welcome cocktail. We stayed there for 14 nights and I find it hard to fault anything about our stay. Only one gripe really-: The room was supposed to be Seaview deluxe, having stayed at Hiltons in the USA and Europe, there was'nt much about it to call it deluxe, but other than that, it surficed as a home away from home for 2 weeks.
As far as food was concerned we were on Half Board basis and as per many other reviewers we had a bottle of Duty free in our room.(I asked them to clear out the Mini Bar and got a signature from the Mini Bar replenisher to that effect,then used it as a fridge!!)
The meals were great with loads of choice, and a thing that many previous reviewers did'nt mention, if you want something else ASK. The Staff, chefs, servers will go out of their way to get you whatever you want. Special mention to Steve, who, we don't know how or want to, managed to get us the same table every night.
Having stayed there for 14 nights we had a few problems, but so minor, because of Venessa and her staff in Customer Services (Ken, Misha, Sharon, and the trainee, as Ken called her!!) you just ring extension 4507 and they have it sorted out within the hour.
(EG:- Our soap dish in the shower broke one evening and before we could report it they were at the door first thing the next day to fix it, the turn down maid had reported the fault )(Thanks to Indira)
Remember it is their Winter, so be prepared, it might rain (They supply you with an umbrella in your Wardrobe!!) The pool area is well serviced By Diana (as previously mentioned in other reviews!) You get one large bottle of water every evening in your room and if you go to the pool area early you get one small bottle too,as well as Diana coming round with little pieces of Fruit on a stick.
Not to waffle to much longer, but yes it is expensive, we managed to have a late breakfast, and a cuppa in our room with some local bought bickies in the late afternoon and then down for dinner, ordering a bottle of RED wine and a bottle of Still water, every night costing 1259.25 MUR.(Not really practical if your taking children!)
A trip to Wolmar or Flic-en-Flac to the Supermarkets is a must, at the time of writing they are currently fixing up a hotel complex just down from the Hilton which makes walking into Wolmar pretty hairy with the construction traffic, but it's about 15 minutes walk to Wolmar. All in All a great place to relax and chill out.
If they marketed the Hilton a bit better with daily Spa specials, and other deals people would spend more money, like everything else, if you think your getting a deal you'll pay. Thanks for Reading and relax if you do go!!
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Enjoy access to one of the longest beaches on the East Coast of Mauritius, and experience the unique all-inclusive perks coupled with the warmth and authenticity of a family-owned retreat
- Pamper yourself at the "Spa Attitude"
- Enjoy romantic walks at the stunning beach of this hotel
- Enjoy snorkelling & glass-bottom boat trips
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Relax on an 800ft stretch of white-sand beach by turquoise Indian Ocean waters at Le meridien Ile Maurice, the award winning resort in Mauritius
- Enjoy access to a Scuba Diving Centre
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling trips & more
Join the party spirit at Tamassa, a lively resort where you can chill in a hammock, watch a movie on the beach at dusk, and leave life's stresses a million miles away
- Enjoy a wide variety of water sports and activities including windsurfing, kayaking, snorkelling, water skiing, and so much more to do
- Dine in a romantic atmosphere in one of the resorts restaurants with theatrical culinary shows
- free room upgrade to superior room
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Stay at this fabolous resort offering vibrant accommodation with all rooms sea-facing
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
Le Preskil Beach Resort is a wonderful combination of traditional Creole architecture, lush tropical gardens, and three...
Mauritius is one of the world's most sought-after holiday destinations and you'll find out why as soon as you arrive in...
Make Mauritius your next holiday and revel in the tropical sun while lounging on sugary white sands and drinking in the...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT