CLK320 Trip Advisor
Rated 4.4 of 5
Holidays in Mauritius
Good Place to Relax and Chill Out - Hilton Mauritius Resort and Spa
My wife and I are just back from the Hilton and I had to write this review, having read some of the other reviews I was tempted to suffer the extra money and change. But No we went.
Firstly let me explain that I am A Hilton Hhonours member and first looked at the hotel on the hilton Web site, the prices were enough to frighten any mortal man or women!
We ended up booking through "The Holiday Place-Thanks Louise Hadi" It was cheaper by far. The experience from being picked up at the Airport in a BMW 530 and given a running commentary of each town as we drove through, was very informative (The driver did ask, that if we were too tired after our flight, he would turn the music on and we could relax!!)
On arrival the Hilton do go out of there way to make you feel special from the sounding of the Gong and your welcome cocktail. We stayed there for 14 nights and I find it hard to fault anything about our stay. Only one gripe really-: The room was supposed to be Seaview deluxe, having stayed at Hiltons in the USA and Europe, there was'nt much about it to call it deluxe, but other than that, it surficed as a home away from home for 2 weeks.
As far as food was concerned we were on Half Board basis and as per many other reviewers we had a bottle of Duty free in our room.(I asked them to clear out the Mini Bar and got a signature from the Mini Bar replenisher to that effect,then used it as a fridge!!)
The meals were great with loads of choice, and a thing that many previous reviewers did'nt mention, if you want something else ASK. The Staff, chefs, servers will go out of their way to get you whatever you want. Special mention to Steve, who, we don't know how or want to, managed to get us the same table every night.
Having stayed there for 14 nights we had a few problems, but so minor, because of Venessa and her staff in Customer Services (Ken, Misha, Sharon, and the trainee, as Ken called her!!) you just ring extension 4507 and they have it sorted out within the hour.
(EG:- Our soap dish in the shower broke one evening and before we could report it they were at the door first thing the next day to fix it, the turn down maid had reported the fault )(Thanks to Indira)
Remember it is their Winter, so be prepared, it might rain (They supply you with an umbrella in your Wardrobe!!) The pool area is well serviced By Diana (as previously mentioned in other reviews!) You get one large bottle of water every evening in your room and if you go to the pool area early you get one small bottle too,as well as Diana coming round with little pieces of Fruit on a stick.
Not to waffle to much longer, but yes it is expensive, we managed to have a late breakfast, and a cuppa in our room with some local bought bickies in the late afternoon and then down for dinner, ordering a bottle of RED wine and a bottle of Still water, every night costing 1259.25 MUR.(Not really practical if your taking children!)
A trip to Wolmar or Flic-en-Flac to the Supermarkets is a must, at the time of writing they are currently fixing up a hotel complex just down from the Hilton which makes walking into Wolmar pretty hairy with the construction traffic, but it's about 15 minutes walk to Wolmar. All in All a great place to relax and chill out.
If they marketed the Hilton a bit better with daily Spa specials, and other deals people would spend more money, like everything else, if you think your getting a deal you'll pay. Thanks for Reading and relax if you do go!!
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Join the party spirit at Tamassa, a lively resort where you can chill in a hammock, watch a movie on the beach at dusk, and leave life's stresses a million miles away
- Enjoy a wide variety of water sports and activities including windsurfing, kayaking, snorkelling, water skiing, and so much more to do
- Dine in a romantic atmosphere in one of the resorts restaurants with theatrical culinary shows
- free room upgrade to superior room
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Stay at this fabolous resort offering vibrant accommodation with all rooms sea-facing
Ideally located for shopping enthusiasts and those wanting to discover Mauritius, yet nicely secluded from the world in a stunning beach cove, the Anelia Beach Resort is the perfect Mauritian retreat.
- Perfect location - enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views with some world class shopping experience at Cascavelle Mall
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games
- Complimentary wireless internet access is available in public areas
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Coin De Mire is a boutique hotel set on the north coast of Mauritius, an area of white beaches, clear turquoise waters...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...
Located in a small village on the Northern coast of Mauritius, Hibiscus Beach Resort and Spa is a dream destination for...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT