Rated 4.9 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
One Very Happy Client
just back from Cuba after 3 nights in Havana and 7 nights in the Blau Varadero. Fantastic. I think the 3 nights in Havana is a good idea as it gives you time to recover from the long Cubana flight (delayed) via Holquin and without the need to do a long transfer upon arrival. It takes a day to recover, so you really are only at full steam by the second day. We did the City Tour in Vintage Cars..... absolutely brillant. Five hours, just long enough and with no meals included, just pure sightseeing with a excellent Cubanacan guide called Moira (for short).
They we transferred to the Blau in Varadero. This hotel may not have the best food in the world but I rank it as one of the best hotels I ever stayed in due to the relaxed atmosphere. The staff at the Blau are superb, both friendly and efficient. Great beach. Did the swimming with Dolphins, 45 minutes in the water with them, not some Disney rip off in Florida. This was the highlight of the holiday for my son.
Tour operators are all good as long as things go according to plan. But as we got to the top of the checkin for the Cubana flight back home we were informed that there was a problem. Not enough seats for all!!! Eventually it was made clear that there 9 would need to stay behind.
"Your Man in Havana"
I would like to say that Ernesto did trojan work in trying to resolve a very difficult situation that was not created by his doing or that of Holiday Place. This man was brilliant! He organised taxis to take us to the Melia Cohiba 5 star hotel, put us into deluxe rooms (3 doubles and 3 singles). My son thought he was in paradise, his own room in a 5 star. The next morning George met us with our tickets home. Our route home was with Air France (fantastic) via Paris to Dublin. As our original tickets with Cubana were to London, I felt Ernesto had gone far above his obligations by insisting with Cubana that we get back to Dublin rather than Paris - London. A Holiday Place rep met us at the Cohiba to ensure a smooth taxi pickup on 5.30pm. When we got to the airport George was in the checkin queue to ensure we our place at the front. We then left Havana on time with a super airline, landed early in Paris and was home a few hours later in Dublin.
I must be honest and say we three got the best deal of any one coming home on CU400.I would like it brought to the attention of your MD the efforts that both Ernesto and George went to to resolve this problem. Using Cubana does not make their life easy.
From the moment I booked with yourself (who by the way, was most professional and polite) I had a great experience with Holiday Place. Thank you all for a holiday my son will never forget and the flight problems turned out to be the icing on the cake. We will talk about it for many years to come.
Would I recommend Holiday Place ? Absolutely!
Would I use Holiday Place again ? Absolutely!
Many thanks to all the staff at Holiday Place (especially "your man in Havana")
Cuba Holidays Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT