Rated 4.9 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
One Very Happy Client
just back from Cuba after 3 nights in Havana and 7 nights in the Blau Varadero. Fantastic. I think the 3 nights in Havana is a good idea as it gives you time to recover from the long Cubana flight (delayed) via Holquin and without the need to do a long transfer upon arrival. It takes a day to recover, so you really are only at full steam by the second day. We did the City Tour in Vintage Cars..... absolutely brillant. Five hours, just long enough and with no meals included, just pure sightseeing with a excellent Cubanacan guide called Moira (for short).
They we transferred to the Blau in Varadero. This hotel may not have the best food in the world but I rank it as one of the best hotels I ever stayed in due to the relaxed atmosphere. The staff at the Blau are superb, both friendly and efficient. Great beach. Did the swimming with Dolphins, 45 minutes in the water with them, not some Disney rip off in Florida. This was the highlight of the holiday for my son.
Tour operators are all good as long as things go according to plan. But as we got to the top of the checkin for the Cubana flight back home we were informed that there was a problem. Not enough seats for all!!! Eventually it was made clear that there 9 would need to stay behind.
"Your Man in Havana"
I would like to say that Ernesto did trojan work in trying to resolve a very difficult situation that was not created by his doing or that of Holiday Place. This man was brilliant! He organised taxis to take us to the Melia Cohiba 5 star hotel, put us into deluxe rooms (3 doubles and 3 singles). My son thought he was in paradise, his own room in a 5 star. The next morning George met us with our tickets home. Our route home was with Air France (fantastic) via Paris to Dublin. As our original tickets with Cubana were to London, I felt Ernesto had gone far above his obligations by insisting with Cubana that we get back to Dublin rather than Paris - London. A Holiday Place rep met us at the Cohiba to ensure a smooth taxi pickup on 5.30pm. When we got to the airport George was in the checkin queue to ensure we our place at the front. We then left Havana on time with a super airline, landed early in Paris and was home a few hours later in Dublin.
I must be honest and say we three got the best deal of any one coming home on CU400.I would like it brought to the attention of your MD the efforts that both Ernesto and George went to to resolve this problem. Using Cubana does not make their life easy.
From the moment I booked with yourself (who by the way, was most professional and polite) I had a great experience with Holiday Place. Thank you all for a holiday my son will never forget and the flight problems turned out to be the icing on the cake. We will talk about it for many years to come.
Would I recommend Holiday Place ? Absolutely!
Would I use Holiday Place again ? Absolutely!
Many thanks to all the staff at Holiday Place (especially "your man in Havana")
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT