Rated 4.9 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
One Very Happy Client
just back from Cuba after 3 nights in Havana and 7 nights in the Blau Varadero. Fantastic. I think the 3 nights in Havana is a good idea as it gives you time to recover from the long Cubana flight (delayed) via Holquin and without the need to do a long transfer upon arrival. It takes a day to recover, so you really are only at full steam by the second day. We did the City Tour in Vintage Cars..... absolutely brillant. Five hours, just long enough and with no meals included, just pure sightseeing with a excellent Cubanacan guide called Moira (for short).
They we transferred to the Blau in Varadero. This hotel may not have the best food in the world but I rank it as one of the best hotels I ever stayed in due to the relaxed atmosphere. The staff at the Blau are superb, both friendly and efficient. Great beach. Did the swimming with Dolphins, 45 minutes in the water with them, not some Disney rip off in Florida. This was the highlight of the holiday for my son.
Tour operators are all good as long as things go according to plan. But as we got to the top of the checkin for the Cubana flight back home we were informed that there was a problem. Not enough seats for all!!! Eventually it was made clear that there 9 would need to stay behind.
"Your Man in Havana"
I would like to say that Ernesto did trojan work in trying to resolve a very difficult situation that was not created by his doing or that of Holiday Place. This man was brilliant! He organised taxis to take us to the Melia Cohiba 5 star hotel, put us into deluxe rooms (3 doubles and 3 singles). My son thought he was in paradise, his own room in a 5 star. The next morning George met us with our tickets home. Our route home was with Air France (fantastic) via Paris to Dublin. As our original tickets with Cubana were to London, I felt Ernesto had gone far above his obligations by insisting with Cubana that we get back to Dublin rather than Paris - London. A Holiday Place rep met us at the Cohiba to ensure a smooth taxi pickup on 5.30pm. When we got to the airport George was in the checkin queue to ensure we our place at the front. We then left Havana on time with a super airline, landed early in Paris and was home a few hours later in Dublin.
I must be honest and say we three got the best deal of any one coming home on CU400.I would like it brought to the attention of your MD the efforts that both Ernesto and George went to to resolve this problem. Using Cubana does not make their life easy.
From the moment I booked with yourself (who by the way, was most professional and polite) I had a great experience with Holiday Place. Thank you all for a holiday my son will never forget and the flight problems turned out to be the icing on the cake. We will talk about it for many years to come.
Would I recommend Holiday Place ? Absolutely!
Would I use Holiday Place again ? Absolutely!
Many thanks to all the staff at Holiday Place (especially "your man in Havana")
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Explore the beautiful and interesting sites of Cuba's capital during an 8-day stay in the centric Park View Hotel....
Embark on an exciting journey of discovery as you tour Cuba's historic capital Havana. During your week in Habana you...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT