Rated 4.5 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
I'm writing to thank you all for ensuring that we had a fantastic holiday in Cuba and a fabulous wedding. Both the hotels (Occidentale Playa Turquesa in Guardalavaca and Parque Central in Havana) were excellent. We have not stopped telling our friends and family about the lovely beach, the water sports, the seven swimming pools, riding at the local nature reserve and the experience of swimming with dolphins in Guardalavaca. Our tour guides - particularly Ariel on the countryside tour and Mercedes in Santiago de Cuba were also excellent - open, friendly and very knowledgeable. We learnt a lot.Â
Havana was also beyond all we had imagined - vibrant, lively and great architecture. We loved the vintage car tour and the horse and carriage ride, as well as wandering the streets in the old town.
Our wedding on the beach was brilliant. Both the London staff (you and Gosia and the rest of the team) - and the people in Cuba (particularly Jordi - your Holiday Place rep in Cuba and YamiÂ - the hotel Guest Services Manager) - along with the rest of the staff at the hotel did a superb job in ensuring that everything ran beautifully.
We have travelled alotÂ - and I can honestly say that this was the best holiday we've ever hadÂ - the wedding was just the icing in the cake.Â
I would also recommend The Holiday Place as a tour company - you all went out of your way to make sure that every thing went as planned.
Please pass our thanks on the every-one. We will be coming back to Cuba soon.Â
Only one thing is outstanding - we were told that the wedding certificate would arrive in about a month - and we have not heard anything yet. Could you check to find out if it is one its way?Â
I know some of our wedding pictures have been circulated - but here are a couple more from the holiday.
Thank you all again
Suzie and Tom
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sun-kissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT