Rated 4.8 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Great Cuba Holiday
Been back for a little while now but wanted to say what a great holiday we had Cuba. The Nacional was exactly what we expected, faded splendour, glad we did it even if the water only dripped out of the shower head.
The Occidental was amazing, when I say amazing I mean beyond anything I could possibly have expected. The staff were fantastic (Butlers!...wow), the accommodation outstanding, the beach just stunning.Â It was beyond our wildest dreams.
Our return to the Saratoga was also good......apparently we were booked on a honeymoon package.....my divorce hasn't actually come through yet and it did raise expectations! The Saratoga room was superb with fabulous views over the Capitol building and beyond. Penny used the rooftop pool a little more than me.
Saratoga is what it says on the box, modern and very comfortable.....perhaps showing our delight in the faded charm of Nacional. I know you were a bit concerned about Nacional, but it was more relaxing than the Saratoga, being a bit out of town, cooler because of the sea breeze and quite charming on the veranda with a coffee or a drink, but faded can be charming if that's what you're prepared for.
All the guides books say Cuba is not the place for great food. It was acceptable in most places, the Saratoga though was poor on the food front.
So, well done. Now I understand the difference between one travel agent and another, and what a difference, you did a great job.
I hardly mentioned the staff on the ground in Cuba.Â We were astonished that reps turned up at the Nacional at 4am with a cab to accompany us to the airport and reps or cabs were always waiting and ready to take us on the next leg of our journey.Â The quality of your staff on the ground was excellent and better than anything I have ever experienced with a tour operator.Â Not just good solid advice about were to go and what to do either, they were nice people.
Perhaps also worth mentioning the internal transfer. I was slightly reticent, thinking Cuba and old Russion 8 seater jet or something, actually it was a brand new plane, a forty seater and very comfortable.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Feel the intoxicating Latin vibe in Havana and relax on the sun-kissed sands of Varadero beach.
- Memories Miramar Hotel operates a free of charge shuttle bus to the centre of Havana so guests can enjoy the best of the wonderful City's attractions
- Blau Varadero offers fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day and for the health conscious there are various wellness options
- Added extras for couples include a welcome cocktail, private check-in and complimentary massages
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Kick off your Cuba holiday with a stay at one of Havana's most elegant hotels where you will enjoy 3 quiet nights safely...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Pernik Hotel is a comfortable tourist hotel located in a quiet green area near downtown Holguin. This hotel is close to...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT