Rated 4.8 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Great Cuba Holiday
Been back for a little while now but wanted to say what a great holiday we had Cuba. The Nacional was exactly what we expected, faded splendour, glad we did it even if the water only dripped out of the shower head.
The Occidental was amazing, when I say amazing I mean beyond anything I could possibly have expected. The staff were fantastic (Butlers!...wow), the accommodation outstanding, the beach just stunning.Â It was beyond our wildest dreams.
Our return to the Saratoga was also good......apparently we were booked on a honeymoon package.....my divorce hasn't actually come through yet and it did raise expectations! The Saratoga room was superb with fabulous views over the Capitol building and beyond. Penny used the rooftop pool a little more than me.
Saratoga is what it says on the box, modern and very comfortable.....perhaps showing our delight in the faded charm of Nacional. I know you were a bit concerned about Nacional, but it was more relaxing than the Saratoga, being a bit out of town, cooler because of the sea breeze and quite charming on the veranda with a coffee or a drink, but faded can be charming if that's what you're prepared for.
All the guides books say Cuba is not the place for great food. It was acceptable in most places, the Saratoga though was poor on the food front.
So, well done. Now I understand the difference between one travel agent and another, and what a difference, you did a great job.
I hardly mentioned the staff on the ground in Cuba.Â We were astonished that reps turned up at the Nacional at 4am with a cab to accompany us to the airport and reps or cabs were always waiting and ready to take us on the next leg of our journey.Â The quality of your staff on the ground was excellent and better than anything I have ever experienced with a tour operator.Â Not just good solid advice about were to go and what to do either, they were nice people.
Perhaps also worth mentioning the internal transfer. I was slightly reticent, thinking Cuba and old Russion 8 seater jet or something, actually it was a brand new plane, a forty seater and very comfortable.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sun-kissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT