Rated 4.8 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Great Cuba Holiday
Been back for a little while now but wanted to say what a great holiday we had Cuba. The Nacional was exactly what we expected, faded splendour, glad we did it even if the water only dripped out of the shower head.
The Occidental was amazing, when I say amazing I mean beyond anything I could possibly have expected. The staff were fantastic (Butlers!...wow), the accommodation outstanding, the beach just stunning.Â It was beyond our wildest dreams.
Our return to the Saratoga was also good......apparently we were booked on a honeymoon package.....my divorce hasn't actually come through yet and it did raise expectations! The Saratoga room was superb with fabulous views over the Capitol building and beyond. Penny used the rooftop pool a little more than me.
Saratoga is what it says on the box, modern and very comfortable.....perhaps showing our delight in the faded charm of Nacional. I know you were a bit concerned about Nacional, but it was more relaxing than the Saratoga, being a bit out of town, cooler because of the sea breeze and quite charming on the veranda with a coffee or a drink, but faded can be charming if that's what you're prepared for.
All the guides books say Cuba is not the place for great food. It was acceptable in most places, the Saratoga though was poor on the food front.
So, well done. Now I understand the difference between one travel agent and another, and what a difference, you did a great job.
I hardly mentioned the staff on the ground in Cuba.Â We were astonished that reps turned up at the Nacional at 4am with a cab to accompany us to the airport and reps or cabs were always waiting and ready to take us on the next leg of our journey.Â The quality of your staff on the ground was excellent and better than anything I have ever experienced with a tour operator.Â Not just good solid advice about were to go and what to do either, they were nice people.
Perhaps also worth mentioning the internal transfer. I was slightly reticent, thinking Cuba and old Russion 8 seater jet or something, actually it was a brand new plane, a forty seater and very comfortable.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over half...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Spend a few nights at the Memories Miramar Havana Hotel in Havana and experience the Cuban lifestyle first-hand. The...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT