Rated 4.8 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
Cairo & Nile Cruise
I have just returned with my wife, Alison and daughter Lorna, from a ten-day holiday in Egypt from 9 to 19 February. We spent three nights at Le Meridien Pyramids followed by a seven nights Nile Cruise on th eMS Odyssey of the Presidential Cruise Line and were members of a party of eight friends from Guernsey, with Mrs J Dorey as teh lead Member (who made the booking with your company). Transfers were arranged by Eastmar Tours.
I rarely feel the need to put pent to paper in this way, but wanted to tell you what an excellent holiday we had. Every aspect of it was first class, the hotel, the transfers, your representatives in Cairo and on the cruise, the Egyptologists, the food and the service on the boat. We felt like VIPs and knew, on every step of the way, that people were on hand to answer any questions or provide us with any help or assistance we might need. It is difficult to name individuals when everyone has been so attentive but we would particularly like to thank:
David Adel Aziz - who greeted us and looked after us so well in Cairo and gave us his mobile number with a request to contact him any time day or night if we had any questions or problems.
Shaima - our Egyptologist in Cairo whose love of all things Egyptian was infectious.
Elia K Takla - our Egyptologist and tour guide for the cruise who was very professional both with regard to his lectures and his organisation of the trips which, under his guidance, were fascinating and provided us with so many superb memories...
The Crew of MS Odyssey - fantastic and friendly service from all the crew members.
We are recommending Egypt, The Holiday Place and MS Odyssey to friends and family (I think my mother-in-law will book up shortly!)
All in all, we had a wonderful time. Many thanks to all at The Holiday Place and your associates who gave us such a holiday to remember.
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy a memorable and romantic holiday in Egypt
- Benefit from the Sonesta Star Goddess Spa and enjoy a relaxing massage after a busy day of excursions
- Suites made for your comfortable stay with the best view
- Enjoy the swimming pool or relax on the sun deck where you can have a cocktail
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Make the most of the centric location, beautiful beach surroundings, luxurious perks and marvellous services of the...
Grab this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty of Egypt while partaking of 5-star treatment in one...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Seize this opportunity to explore the mystical land of Egypt as you spend a week next to the shores of the mighty Red...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT